Log in:  

Register

College Football

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

09 Jan 2019 04:19

Trevor Lawrence was amazing to watch. He looked like a senior not a freshman. Also a couple of great catches by his receivers on 3rd down plays helped.

That fake field goal attempt by Alabama was one of those what were you thinking moments? That has to be one of the worst calls of the season.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,357
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re:

09 Jan 2019 19:25

Koronin wrote:Trevor Lawrence was amazing to watch. He looked like a senior not a freshman. Also a couple of great catches by his receivers on 3rd down plays helped.

That fake field goal attempt by Alabama was one of those what were you thinking moments? That has to be one of the worst calls of the season.

Lawrence looked great and will likely be a start in the NFL, BUT, I'm about to barf listening to the talking heads rambling about how he could step into the NFL and rule. First, let's see if he can have a good year next year at Clem (I expect him to but...).
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,326
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re: Re:

09 Jan 2019 20:18

jmdirt wrote:
Koronin wrote:Trevor Lawrence was amazing to watch. He looked like a senior not a freshman. Also a couple of great catches by his receivers on 3rd down plays helped.

That fake field goal attempt by Alabama was one of those what were you thinking moments? That has to be one of the worst calls of the season.

Lawrence looked great and will likely be a start in the NFL, BUT, I'm about to barf listening to the talking heads rambling about how he could step into the NFL and rule. First, let's see if he can have a good year next year at Clem (I expect him to but...).


As I said he played like a Senior not a Freshman. I agree about let him get to the NFL before making any decisions on how good he'll be there, but he's definitely one of the better college QBs right now.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,357
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

10 Jan 2019 04:27

Hurts enters the transfer pool. Come on BSU bring him to Boise! :) How about Auburn so he can play the Tide? He's a TX or OK guy so maybe a school in one of those states?
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,326
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re:

10 Jan 2019 04:34

jmdirt wrote:Hurts enters the transfer pool. Come on BSU bring him to Boise! :) How about Auburn so he can play the Tide? He's a TX or OK guy so maybe a school in one of those states?


It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. For me one of the nice things about this is that it means he's graduated with his Bachelors degree.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,357
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: College Football

10 Jan 2019 14:33

Nomad
Member
 
Posts: 403
Joined: 20 Apr 2016 01:39

Re: College Football

10 Jan 2019 21:23


New Arizona cardinals HC (Kliff Kingsbury) today said he would draft Kyler Murray #1 overall (Cards do have the #1 overall draft pick). With Goff on the roster, does anyone think he really means to draft Murray? Kliffy is probably just paying respect to the Heisman winner, or just posturing for a possible draft day trade down scenario.
User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,002
Joined: 17 Jun 2010 12:25
Location: PNW

Re: College Football

11 Jan 2019 01:26

on3m@n@rmy wrote:

New Arizona cardinals HC (Kliff Kingsbury) today said he would draft Kyler Murray #1 overall (Cards do have the #1 overall draft pick). With Goff on the roster, does anyone think he really means to draft Murray? Kliffy is probably just paying respect to the Heisman winner, or just posturing for a possible draft day trade down scenario.

Goff is LA Rams, but I know that you meant- Rosen. There's is so much going on that its tough to keep it straight. I can't see them taking Murray, but... (rumor that Pats want Rosen...).
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,326
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

11 Jan 2019 02:31

Oh wow! Yes, Rosen. Thank you.
Brain fart!
User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,002
Joined: 17 Jun 2010 12:25
Location: PNW

Re: College Football

11 Jan 2019 15:47

on3m@n@rmy wrote:

New Arizona cardinals HC (Kliff Kingsbury) today said he would draft Kyler Murray #1 overall (Cards do have the #1 overall draft pick). With Goff on the roster, does anyone think he really means to draft Murray? Kliffy is probably just paying respect to the Heisman winner, or just posturing for a possible draft day trade down scenario.
He's probably still in awe from that 51-46 shootout last season where Murray hung 460 yds of total offense & 4 TDs on his Red Raiders (360 yds passing 3 TDs/100 yds rushing 1 TD).
Nomad
Member
 
Posts: 403
Joined: 20 Apr 2016 01:39

06 Feb 2019 19:52

Today is national signing day.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,357
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zarnack and 10 guests

Back to top