Register

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

10 Mar 2018 14:11

so far, quite unexciting...
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

10 Mar 2018 14:11

Hey Vylegs back! Has anybody noticed number 36, ESTEVE ALTIMIRAS Irineu. He's got the colorful suit and seems to be constantly at the front? I can't remember ever having noticed him before.
User avatar ToreBear

Re:

10 Mar 2018 14:21

ToreBear wrote:Hey Vylegs back! Has anybody noticed number 36, ESTEVE ALTIMIRAS Irineu. He's got the colorful suit and seems to be constantly at the front? I can't remember ever having noticed him before.

Almost got a medal at the U23's the last two seasons. Good at both classic and skate. Very talented.
BullsFan22

Re: Re:

10 Mar 2018 14:24

BullsFan22 wrote:
ToreBear wrote:Hey Vylegs back! Has anybody noticed number 36, ESTEVE ALTIMIRAS Irineu. He's got the colorful suit and seems to be constantly at the front? I can't remember ever having noticed him before.

Almost got a medal at the U23's the last two seasons. Good at both classic and skate. Very talented.

Thanks! It will be interesting to follow him further.
User avatar ToreBear

10 Mar 2018 14:25

I'm not watching, just following the live timing, Klaebo distanced?
craig1985 wrote:And BTW, DenisMenchov, smile a bit.
User avatar DenisMenchov

Re:

10 Mar 2018 14:33

DenisMenchov wrote:I'm not watching, just following the live timing, Klaebo distanced?

Yep, had a fall earlier. But it's not really unexpected for him to not be able to follow.

Not everyone changed their skies, so this could get interesting...
User avatar ToreBear

Re:

10 Mar 2018 14:36

DenisMenchov wrote:I'm not watching, just following the live timing, Klaebo distanced?

klaebo is way back...he also had a fall earlier. the head group is a little less numerous...i part due to ski change that just took place in part due to attrition..of the noticeable tactical developments important to note that the french are doing a team tactic as one rarely sees, having in mind the manificat distance cup...also visible is the strength of spitsov...
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

10 Mar 2018 14:56

Thanks for the info, I found the video on the ORF site.
User avatar DenisMenchov

10 Mar 2018 15:27

I can't help but feel very excited about Russia's cross country team in the yeas to come. Bolshunov, Spitsov, Nepryaeva and Belorukova look so promising. It will be a great fight between them and Norway.
User avatar DenisMenchov

10 Mar 2018 15:32

Great race!
User avatar ToreBear

Re: Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

10 Mar 2018 15:34

Disgusting commentary from ZDF. Why can't they find some competent people that know the sport a little better and that don't have to make stupid politically motivating comments. Goodness me.
BullsFan22

10 Mar 2018 15:40

Klaebo beat Iversen in the sprint for number 40. :lol: Nice podium. Well deserved all three of them, and the strongest won in the end.

Edit:Seems my andorran friend had enough after 43km. But he did well.
Last edited by ToreBear on 10 Mar 2018 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar ToreBear

10 Mar 2018 15:42

BullsFan22 wrote:Disgusting commentary from ZDF. Why can't they find some competent people that know the sport a little better and that don't have to make stupid politically motivating comments. Goodness me.

I thought you of all people would enjoy a little politics with your sports:)
«Sky helped for the GC, so did BMC - a lot of teams tried but one rider isn't enough. Not against De Gendt. He's like 10 riders.»
Oude Geuze

Re:

10 Mar 2018 15:42

DenisMenchov wrote:I can't help but feel very excited about Russia's cross country team in the yeas to come. Bolshunov, Spitsov, Nepryaeva and Belorukova look so promising. It will be a great fight between them and Norway.

Well, you also have the old guard, Vylegzhanin (who by the looks of it, would have been another contender at Korea), still competing Bessmertnykh, Legkov (who may continue on after this season), and who can forget Ustiugov, who is only 25 (!!!) and was another guy that was unjustly and unfairly, without any proof, banned from competing in Korea.

Happy for Cologna. FINALLY wins a 50km and gets revenge for the photo finish he lost in 2015. Now he's truly won everything!! Wonder if he'll stick around until 2022 and try and go for the 50km there? He'll be 35, almost 36 then, but hopefully he can still contend then.
BullsFan22

10 Mar 2018 15:44

Oude Geuze wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:Disgusting commentary from ZDF. Why can't they find some competent people that know the sport a little better and that don't have to make stupid politically motivating comments. Goodness me.

No thanks. I am not xenophobic and I hate double standards and hypocrisy.
BullsFan22

Re: Re:

10 Mar 2018 16:01

BullsFan22 wrote:
DenisMenchov wrote:I can't help but feel very excited about Russia's cross country team in the yeas to come. Bolshunov, Spitsov, Nepryaeva and Belorukova look so promising. It will be a great fight between them and Norway.

Well, you also have the old guard, Vylegzhanin (who by the looks of it, would have been another contender at Korea), still competing Bessmertnykh, Legkov (who may continue on after this season), and who can forget Ustiugov, who is only 25 (!!!) and was another guy that was unjustly and unfairly, without any proof, banned from competing in Korea.

Happy for Cologna. FINALLY wins a 50km and gets revenge for the photo finish he lost in 2015. Now he's truly won everything!! Wonder if he'll stick around until 2022 and try and go for the 50km there? He'll be 35, almost 36 then, but hopefully he can still contend then.

Of course I didn't forget those guys, it's just that all 4 of the ones that I mentioned are under 23 (well Belorukova isn't since January, but still).
It was a very good race, such a small margin in the end.
User avatar DenisMenchov

10 Mar 2018 16:17

BullsFan22 wrote:
Oude Geuze wrote:

That’s actually really surprising to me.
«Sky helped for the GC, so did BMC - a lot of teams tried but one rider isn't enough. Not against De Gendt. He's like 10 riders.»
Oude Geuze

10 Mar 2018 16:35

Oude Geuze wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
Oude Geuze wrote:

That’s actually really surprising to me.

You can take that any way you wish. Nice use of sarcasm though.
BullsFan22

10 Mar 2018 17:04

I have never seen such a great ski in biathlon like the italians just had. :eek: Hofer was just flying away...
Max Rockatansky

10 Mar 2018 20:09

ZDF has to be some of the worst pro NATO propaganda when it comes to XC Skiing/Biathlon, there's a reason why I prefer Swiss TV.
Really happy for Cologna, he finally won a 50km race.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General