Register

Malaysian Flight 370?

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Alpe d'Huez, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

What happened to Malaysian Flight MH370?

Catastrophic failure along flightpath
13%
Plane kept flying, eventually crashed way off course
13%
Terrorism, of some sort
12%
Pilot error of some sort
10%
Pilot sabotage of some sort
14%
Hijacking - crashed (landed?) far away
15%
Didn't you see Airport '77?
11%
Wormhole
13%

Total votes : 280

Re: Malaysian Flight 370?

06 Aug 2015 14:46

Like I said , Its a mess.
We have the Malaysian PM saying the part is from 370, yet it has still to be confirmed by the team in France.
Why would the PM come out and say that when it has not been 100% confirmed. WTF has he done that?

Families once again are left still not knowing WTF is going on.
ray j willings

Re: Re:

06 Aug 2015 19:36

HelgeBlendet wrote:

Maybe, but it seems fish-y to me:

“It was unusual, very unusual. It was big and it was flying low. It was a holiday (Saturday) and most people had gone to bed after praying.”

So, "gone to bed after praying" sounds like evening/night-time.

IT manager Ahmed Shiyaam, 34, said he was riding with his daughter that morning when he stopped and looked up at the sky and saw a plane fly low.

So, morning it is.

“It was very big, very noisy, flying low. Later that afternoon on the beach I was told the news about the missing plane. I think this is the same flight.”

Can't be evening/night according to the last guy quoted.

Maybe they go to bed after morning prayers on a Saturday/Sabbath.

That mean they woke up early the following day.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

06 Aug 2015 21:10

ray j willings wrote:Like I said , Its a mess.
We have the Malaysian PM saying the part is from 370, yet it has still to be confirmed by the team in France.
Why would the PM come out and say that when it has not been 100% confirmed. WTF has he done that?

I think that's a pretty hair-splitting, semantic issue. While it's not 100% confirmed by a serial number or other positive ID, it's a flaperon from a 777. There are no other such missing parts anywhere in that part of the world.

It's obvious that this is the plane and it went down. It's a tragedy, but the insistence on knowing 100% for sure is pretty remarkable and not a realistic requirement for understanding that the plane went down.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

06 Aug 2015 22:55

ray j willings wrote:Like I said , Its a mess.

The ethics of aircraft crash investigations allow any statements to be made by the lead investigator. In this case the lead investigator is the Malaysian government.
avanti

07 Aug 2015 03:22

fyi

if you can be bothered

search on the Malaysian PM will find

huge evidence of horribly corrupt practice throughout

oopps,
how did that 740 millions usd end up in my bank account?

wake up and smell the stench

its all around you (or them)
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

07 Aug 2015 03:24

User avatar JackRabbitSlims

08 Aug 2015 18:46

red_flanders wrote:...While it's not 100% confirmed by a serial number or other positive ID, it's a flaperon from a 777. There are no other such missing parts anywhere in that part of the world....

No other such missing aeroplanes, yes, but no such missing aeroplane parts is a horse of another colour. It is surprisingly common for control surfaces to fall off of jet airliners in flight yet they continue without further incident. Wing parts falling off airliners actually is more common than airliner crashes. So the fact that this flaperon is from a 777, and that MH370 is the only 777 lost in that region, do not necessarily add up to that flaperon had to have come from MH370.

Yes, I am further splitting an already split hair, but prematurely closing the door on that possibility naturally would put a cloud of doubt in the public's mind if the investigators should announce that that flaperon could not be wreckage from MH370 because it has four year's worth of barnacle growth on it.
User avatar StyrbjornSterki

08 Aug 2015 19:46

That's a big enough part to warrant a write-up so any flaperons lost in flight should be reasonably accounted for.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

08 Aug 2015 20:16

Well, that begs the question, how many 777's lost a flaperon over the south Indian ocean in the last couple of years?
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Administrator

13 Oct 2015 14:06

Philippine authorities say no MH370 wreckage found: Malaysian police
English.news.cn 2015-10-12 22:33:31

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct. 12 (Xinhua) -- Philippine authorities have confirmed that no wreckage of MH370 was found in the country, Malaysian Police Chief Khalid Abu Bakar said on Monday.

"The Philippines confirm that there is no wreckage of the plane, " Khalid told Bernama, the country's state news agency.

A man named Jamil Omar lodged a police report on Saturday in Malaysia, saying that his Filipino relative had found aircraft wreckage, which could be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

He said his nephew found a Malaysian flag and human remains inside the wreckage on an island in the southernmost Philippine province of Tawi Tawi.

The flight, a Boeing 777-200, disappeared on March 8, 2014, en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with a total of 239 passengers on board, most of them Chinese.

The Malaysian government confirmed in August that an aircraft flapron found on the French Indian Ocean island of La Reunion belonged to the missing flight.

20 Oct 2015 16:40

the MH17 update...
http://scotthorton.org/interviews/2015/10/14/101415-ray-mcgovern/

Horton also has interviews fortnightly or more regularly with ex CIA Philip Giraldi,,, and he was sceptical also about the Kerry version of the BUK and Russian missile, even if it was rebels that handled the firing..,

for python

edit: wrong thread
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Re:

23 Nov 2015 19:58

blackcat wrote:the MH17 update...

Horton also has interviews fortnightly or more regularly with ex CIA Philip Giraldi,,, and he was sceptical also about the Kerry version of the BUK and Russian missile, even if it was rebels that handled the firing..,

for python

I never knew that the CIA brought down MH370 also. I guess as usual it all has to do with the Merikans doing some type of sneaky stuff around the world.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

23 Nov 2015 21:40

Glenn_Wilson wrote:

for python

I never knew that the CIA brought down MH370 also. I guess as usual it all has to do with the Merikans doing some type of sneaky stuff around the world.

It's the Canadians doing this to make Merika look bad. Everybody knows CIA stands for Canadians Impersonating A Merikan. We Merikans is just trying to watch our NFL and eat some Krispy Kremes. But them Canadians don't got nothing better to do. Counting mooses gets old fast. Just ask Blutto.
Benotti69 wrote:I don't believe anything from Astana any more than Sky.
Beech Mtn

24 Nov 2015 16:51

Beech Mtn wrote:
Glenn_Wilson wrote:

for python

It's the Canadians doing this to make Merika look bad. Everybody knows CIA stands for Canadians Impersonating A Merikan. We Merikans is just trying to watch our NFL and eat some Krispy Kremes. But them Canadians don't got nothing better to do. Counting mooses gets old fast. Just ask Blutto.

Speaking of the Krispy Kremes - I noticed that the fattest city in Merika was standing in line for hours to get them some Krispy Kremes.

Me even I grew up on the "over the top" glazed donut at Krispy Kreme. I prefer Dunkin. I got hooked back in the late 80's while living in Boston and never ever considered any other donut to be even close to them.

Now that Dunkin has expanded even more throughout the Merikah I can satisfy my cravings. Even New Orleans has 1 franchise out in Metarie. And America's fattest city has them all over now.
Veteran

24 Nov 2015 18:37

Okay, really off topic, but since they aren't finding the airplane...

Krispy Kreme came into Oregon with a huge splash and hooplah. But a motivated local start-up named Voodoo Doughnuts had an even bigger splash, by far. These guys make some crazy donuts:

http://voodoodoughnut.com/
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Administrator

24 Nov 2015 18:56

Glenn_Wilson wrote:Speaking of the Krispy Kremes - I noticed that the fattest city in Merika was standing in line for hours to get them some Krispy Kremes.

Me even I grew up on the "over the top" glazed donut at Krispy Kreme. I prefer Dunkin. I got hooked back in the late 80's while living in Boston and never ever considered any other donut to be even close to them.

Now that Dunkin has expanded even more throughout the Merikah I can satisfy my cravings. Even New Orleans has 1 franchise out in Metarie. And America's fattest city has them all over now.

Every Monday, if the Panthers won that weekend, KK sells a dozen doughnuts for 3.99 at their stores in the Carolinas. Every Monday, from early morning until the place closes at night, the local KK is swamped, no parking places left, people parking next door and across the street, the drive-thru line snaking all the way around the building and out into the street, with cars just stopped in the road waiting to get in the drive-thru. Bunch of fat asses coming out the doors with arms piled high, 4 and 5 and 6 boxes of dozens of doughnuts. If the local populace survives the season, the Carolinas will soon have a sweep of all lists of fattest cities in the US.

The KK employees must be cursing Cam Newton.
Benotti69 wrote:I don't believe anything from Astana any more than Sky.
Beech Mtn

Re:

24 Nov 2015 19:14

Alpe d'Huez wrote:Okay, really off topic, but since they aren't finding the airplane...

Krispy Kreme came into Oregon with a huge splash and hooplah. But a motivated local start-up named Voodoo Doughnuts had an even bigger splash, by far. These guys make some crazy donuts:

whoa!
I'm surprised that those glazed doughnuts from Krispy Kreme could make it out west like that. Next stop Japan? They would laugh their a$$ off at those doughnuts. They have a place called Mister Doughnut that kicks KK a$$.

That company started in the USA. Not sure if they have stores in the USA anylonger. I know that in 1983 or so the rights was sold to a Japanese company and they have turned it into a PowerHouse brand.

Maybe we need a doughnut thread?

I agree seems like they will never find the plane nor the poor people lost. I bet someone would like to know what really happened. Remember foxnews had that guy who was telling everyone that it had landed somewhere in the P stan area's LMAO ....
Veteran

26 Nov 2015 03:09

Glenn_Wilson wrote:
Alpe d'Huez wrote:Okay, really off topic, but since they aren't finding the airplane...

whoa!
I'm surprised that those glazed doughnuts from Krispy Kreme could make it out west like that. Next stop Japan? They would laugh their a$$ off at those doughnuts. They have a place called Mister Doughnut that kicks KK a$$.

That company started in the USA. Not sure if they have stores in the USA anylonger. I know that in 1983 or so the rights was sold to a Japanese company and they have turned it into a PowerHouse brand.

Maybe we need a doughnut thread?

I agree seems like they will never find the plane nor the poor people lost. I bet someone would like to know what really happened. Remember foxnews had that guy who was telling everyone that it had landed somewhere in the P stan area's LMAO ....

vaguely on topic... KK in every Australian airport - no passenger weight limits yet ;)
User avatar Archibald

03 Mar 2016 15:48

Missing MH370: Possible Boeing 777 Part Found Off Mozambique, Sources Say

The flaperon, since confirmed to have come from MH370, was found on Reunion Island, about 2000 km away.

03 Mar 2016 19:07

I am struck by the tragi-comedy of the 'official' response - 'while this certainly appears to be part of a 777 tail section, and while it is true that there are no other 'missing' 777's on the planet, we are unable to confirm that this piece is from the only missing 777 until we have done exhaustive tests on it.'

I mean, seriously?
#FeeltheBern
User avatar Amsterhammer

PreviousNext

Return to General