Register

Vacuum Cleaners

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Vacuum Cleaners

21 Mar 2017 07:18

STAYING CLEAR OF THE BIG BAD VACUUM CLEANER (it's a Dyson Ball):
https://plus.google.com/110518373219035680102/posts/KruSZqnWcFj opens with Chrome

And thanks Dano for sharing your big blue VAC-U-MAX. If my furballin cats get too out of hand I can suck the mess (& maybe them) up with that beastly thing.
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

21 Mar 2017 20:02

on3m@n@rmy wrote:And thanks Dano for sharing your big blue VAC-U-MAX. If my furballin cats get too out of hand I can suck the mess (& maybe them) up with that beastly thing.
Think that VAC-U-MAX might actually work great on those puddles unchained was struggling with in the DIY thread, providing it sucks up water or other liquids. (I don't see why it wouldn't, that thing looks like it could suck up a whole lake!)

It looks kinda pricey, though...
User avatar Tricycle Rider

Re:

21 Mar 2017 21:12

RedheadDane wrote:I just love the fact that this is a forum full of sports nerds - hope I'm not offending anyone by calling us that - yet here there's a thread for vacuum cleaners, of all things! :D

Anyway, I prefer Nilfisk. All other brands just suck!

Geddid? They suck!

No...?

I'll show myself out.

Badum - tish!

Think I'd take it even a step further in that I'd call us MEGA nerds!

Just wait till we start talking about lawnmowers, or even the merits of various light bulbs. That will really get the party started!

(The LED streetlights that have been installed in my 'hood last year, not sure how I feel about them. While I know they save energy they make the place look even darker and gloomier.)

23 Mar 2017 08:56

Q: What's the difference between a Hoover and a Harley?
A: The position of the dirtbag.
sienna

27 Jun 2017 02:19

What is the best vacuum for under $200? I think the Shark Rotator Professional Lift Away NV500 is the best for the money, is it perfect? no but it is under $200 and on sale they can be found for $150 and sometimes even less.
froze

10 Jul 2017 09:07

Shark Vacuums are another great product.
geneerobins
Newly Registered Member

10 Jul 2017 20:59

geneerobins wrote:Shark Vacuums are another great product.

This comment seems a bit fishy, mainly because my spamdar is on high alert.

I've approved it for now, but I'll be monitoring the comments posted by geneerobins.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

11 Jul 2017 19:21

....today got the 'ol vroooom vroooom macjine out...................it's so noisy the big dog
is terrified of it

but it had to be done i had not vacuumed for.......................well? no need to name and shame
..............way too long................

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re:

11 Jul 2017 20:22

ebandit wrote:....today got the 'ol vroooom vroooom macjine out...................it's so noisy the big dog
is terrified of it

but it had to be done i had not vacuumed for.......................well? no need to name and shame
..............way too long................

Mark L
I think any living being (well, except for maybe my mother) finds the sound of a vacuum cleaner upsetting and sometimes downright unsettling, but eh, sometimes the dirty deed of vacuuming really needs to be done.

Give the old gal a treat for me, will ya?! :)

11 Jul 2017 20:27

thanks! bandit by name bandit my nature,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i'm totally irresponsible .............i have often described my home life as

'like camping'

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re:

11 Jul 2017 21:03

ebandit wrote:thanks! bandit by name bandit my nature,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i'm totally irresponsible .............i have often described my home life as

'like camping'

Mark L
Do you have someone to hold/comfort the dog while you are vacuuming? Can you tie her to some kind of a tree (or some such) outside while you are doing the dirty deed inside?

12 Jul 2017 00:08

My dog wants to eat my vacuum whenever I or my wife uses it, she attacks the front of the machine with her teeth, so I have to keep telling her no. I also have to keep the dog in the house when mowing because she wants to eat that too.
froze

12 Jul 2017 08:36

....what breed of dog? looking after various dogs................french bulldogs are CRAZY for any cleaning item...hoover

brush...mop etc...................

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re:

13 Jul 2017 17:19

froze wrote: I also have to keep the dog in the house when mowing because she wants to eat that too.
My family had one of those a while back (a Scottish Terrier), she would attack the lawn mower, so had to keep her inside while mowing.

Not the smartest dog I've ever encountered, but she was endearing in her own ways. (She just hated it when I farted, she was absolutely offended by it. And here I thought my farts smelled like roses.)

06 Aug 2017 18:04

....Panasonics if you can find them...patented fan bearing are a huge advantage...

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

06 Aug 2017 18:10

Our new vacuum cleaner!

It really sucks... :D

Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

06 Aug 2017 18:18

....the reason I brought up Panasonic is I have this little hand held that have had for 35 years....used for everything including construction projects and it just keeps on ticking...their air conditioners are the same ( and quiet too )....but this brand always flies below the radar in these fields for some reason....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

Re:

07 Aug 2017 20:03

Irondan wrote:Our new vacuum cleaner!

It really sucks... :D

Nice!

Don't know about jmdirt, but I'm very happy with my Shark vacuum cleaner. So far.

09 Aug 2017 14:35

The vac works well, but happy isn't a word I would use. :p
jmdirt

Re:

06 Sep 2017 03:22

twothirds wrote:Dyson is worth it if you find them on sale, like around Christmas time (grabbed mine for @300CDN). I picked up a DC43 Animal (canister) and have only had a complaint with the turbohead which Dyson replaced free of charge (lifetime warranty on the machine and accessories). It's a good little machine. The performance won't blow you away (I was at first dissapointed), but we've had it for four years and it still works like the day we bought it. It grows on you. Does it work better than most others?n Yes, but I find that it's construction is where you pay. It's light and engineered to last. Also comes with numerous accessories to clean various things, including a grooming brush attachment. The cat loves to get vacuumed with it (he seriously does love it). If all you need is a regular vacuum cleaner for around the house, then there are other vacuums that work quite well for less and will last.

Had a Shark prior to the Dyson. Good vacuums, but when things go kaput, no CS to help you rectify a problem.

How about roomba ?
Tylor
Newly Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to General