Log in:  

Register

The Thread of Threads

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

The Thread of Threads

04 Jun 2016 07:56

Tempted to start a new generic thread? Watch out, there may already be a long-running thread on the topic! The aim of this thread is to provide a directory of such threads. This is a work in progress and, therefore, all suggestions are welcome!

ALPHABETICAL LIST OF LONG-RUNNING THREADS

*Baseball: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17020
*Basketball: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15651
*Beer: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3351
*Books: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3375
*Boxing: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15258
*British politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30708
*Cats: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3302
*Cooking: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3877
*Cricket: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15736
*DIY: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31026
*Free Form/Chaos: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4219
*Languages: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13191
*Mixed martial arts: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16421
*Moto GP: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3298
*Movies: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11761
*Music: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1780
*Science: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22368
*Tennis: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15990
*TV: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15030
*US politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15662
*World politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3377
Last edited by CheckMyPecs on 18 Jun 2016 16:47, edited 2 times in total.
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,400
Joined: 14 Mar 2016 09:24
Location: SW Europe

04 Jun 2016 19:27

Updated with the Boxing thread.
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,400
Joined: 14 Mar 2016 09:24
Location: SW Europe

04 Jun 2016 20:04

Good idea man
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 11,557
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Un Año Más

04 Jun 2016 20:13

Maybe this thread could be sticky-ed?
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
_____________________________________________________________________________
Canton Ave Climb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C90ZPlbEfmU
User avatar Jspear
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,071
Joined: 23 Feb 2014 03:50
Location: N. VA, USA

Re:

04 Jun 2016 20:18

Red Rick wrote:Good idea man

Thank you. The idea came to me when I wanted to start a Movie thread and a Beer thread without knowing they already existed.
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,400
Joined: 14 Mar 2016 09:24
Location: SW Europe

Re:

05 Jun 2016 00:49

Jspear wrote:Maybe this thread could be sticky-ed?


+1
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,339
Joined: 10 Jun 2013 22:10
Location: Estoril, Portugal

05 Jun 2016 01:06

This is a good idea. I asked the mods if Pro Racing could be "cleaned up" because some racers have three to five threads, and some races have even more. I really became aware of this when I was looking for Joe Dombrowski's thread. One was buried on page seven so I posted to it only to find out that his main thread was Joseph Dombrowski (must have been on page eight). While I was scrolling to page seven I was surprised at the number of like threads. My search for Joe only came up with race threads that he was mentioned in so I think that the search function is lacking.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,237
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

12 Jun 2016 08:14

Updated with several threads, including the Politics ones.
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,400
Joined: 14 Mar 2016 09:24
Location: SW Europe

13 Jun 2016 14:05

Once we have a handful of those threads of threads, it would be great to have a thread of threads of threads so we can find all threads of threads in one thread
User avatar SeriousSam
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,184
Joined: 31 Aug 2012 00:06
Location: Now here

Re:

13 Jun 2016 14:52

SeriousSam wrote:Once we have a handful of those threads of threads, it would be great to have a thread of threads of threads so we can find all threads of threads in one thread

I agree--- but if we have all thread of threads threads in one thread what will we need for that one thread?
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,300
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

13 Jun 2016 19:30

Nah, after were done with threads we'll transition into making threats
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 11,557
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Un Año Más

Re:

13 Jun 2016 21:58

Red Rick wrote:Nah, after were done with threads we'll transition into making threats

Thing is Coppertone did not even weight the threads according to views but according to his own pref.

Which as we know is bias.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,300
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2016 13:39

Glenn_Wilson wrote:
SeriousSam wrote:Once we have a handful of those threads of threads, it would be great to have a thread of threads of threads so we can find all threads of threads in one thread

I agree--- but if we have all thread of threads threads in one thread what will we need for that one thread?


I'm... confused... :D
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,984
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

15 Jun 2016 00:19

RedheadDane wrote:
Glenn_Wilson wrote:
SeriousSam wrote:Once we have a handful of those threads of threads, it would be great to have a thread of threads of threads so we can find all threads of threads in one thread

I agree--- but if we have all thread of threads threads in one thread what will we need for that one thread?


I'm... confused... :D

SAME SAME
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,300
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

15 Jun 2016 08:27

Now that Red Rick has threatened to issue a threat, further thoughts on the thread of threads of threads would constitute treading a thin thread so I wouldn't fret too much if you're confused
User avatar SeriousSam
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,184
Joined: 31 Aug 2012 00:06
Location: Now here

15 Jun 2016 11:15

I might have missed it, but is there a DIY thread around here?
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,400
Joined: 14 Mar 2016 09:24
Location: SW Europe

Re:

30 Aug 2016 03:07

CheckMyPecs wrote:I might have missed it, but is there a DIY thread around here?
You'll have to do it yourself.
sienna
Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:41
Location: australia

Re: The Thread of Threads

31 Aug 2016 21:24

CheckMyPecs wrote:Tempted to start a new generic thread? Watch out, there may already be a long-running thread on the topic! The aim of this thread is to provide a directory of such threads. This is a work in progress and, therefore, all suggestions are welcome!

ALPHABETICAL LIST OF LONG-RUNNING THREADS

*Baseball: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17020
*Basketball: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15651
*Beer: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3351
*Books: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3375
*Boxing: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15258
*British politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30708
*Cats: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3302
*Cooking: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3877
*Cricket: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15736
*DIY: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31026
*Languages: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13191
*Mixed martial arts: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16421
*Moto GP: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3298
*Movies: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11761
*Music: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1780
*Science: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22368
*Tennis: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15990
*TV: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15030
*US politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15662
*World politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3377




Thread wisely. Har har har har har....
BullsFan22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,801
Joined: 22 Jun 2010 21:19

Re: The Thread of Threads

18 Nov 2016 01:52

CheckMyPecs wrote:Tempted to start a new generic thread? Watch out, there may already be a long-running thread on the topic! The aim of this thread is to provide a directory of such threads. This is a work in progress and, therefore, all suggestions are welcome!

ALPHABETICAL LIST OF LONG-RUNNING THREADS

*Baseball: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17020
*Basketball: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15651
*Beer: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3351
*Books: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3375
*Boxing: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15258
*British politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30708
*Cats: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3302
*Cooking: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3877
*Cricket: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15736
*DIY: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31026
*Languages: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13191
*Mixed martial arts: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16421
*Moto GP: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3298
*Movies: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11761
*Music: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1780
*Science: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22368
*Tennis: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15990
*TV: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15030
*US politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15662
*World politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3377


Damn. Free form/Chaos thread not included... :confused:
User avatar gregod
Member
 
Posts: 1,171
Joined: 19 Apr 2009 23:54

Re: The Thread of Threads

17 Feb 2017 22:54

CheckMyPecs wrote:Tempted to start a new generic thread? Watch out, there may already be a long-running thread on the topic! The aim of this thread is to provide a directory of such threads. This is a work in progress and, therefore, all suggestions are welcome!

ALPHABETICAL LIST OF LONG-RUNNING THREADS

*Baseball: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17020
*Basketball: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15651
*Beer: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3351
*Books: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3375
*Boxing: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15258
*British politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30708
*Cats: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3302
*Cooking: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3877
*Cricket: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15736
*DIY: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31026
*Free Form/Chaos: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4219
*Languages: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13191
*Mixed martial arts: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16421
*Moto GP: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3298
*Movies: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11761
*Music: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1780
*National Football League: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14910
*Science: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22368
*Tennis: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15990
*TV: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15030
*US politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15662
*What beer ya drinkin'?: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3351
*World politics: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3377


I've added some threads, like the Freeform/chaos thread, and a couple others. I ran into the software's "25 url limit" and can't add any more for now. I will do what I can to increase this parameter in the next couple weeks.

We've had complaints about this low url limit before, it will soon be addessed...
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,000
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: King Boonen and 3 guests

Back to top