Register

Travel

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Alpe d'Huez, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

Re:

16 Sep 2016 14:48

Brullnux wrote:I agree that Iceland is awesome. Initially it is just surreal, and then the smell of sulfur takes over for a bit.

I would like to explore the cities of Europe more, especially Prague, Budapest, Warsaw, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Berlin and the like. The architecture there is stunning. Also all of Spain, Portugal and more of Italy, Belgium and France, Europe wise. I go to Scotland fairly often as I live fairly near, and I can assure you that if cold is your thing, then it is the place to go :p.

Further afield I'd love to visit NZ, Cuba and Costa Rica especially. But I am pretty sure I am never going to get round to those, maybe just one if I am lucky. Galapagos too. Attenborough convinced me.

Oi! :p
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

16 Sep 2016 17:58

Sorry, I love Scotland though. Just a shock in August getting there with a crazy cold wind from the north sea :p
Brullnux

18 Sep 2016 22:23

North Sea you say? Oh, that's ok then, that's the crap side :)
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

Re:

19 Sep 2016 02:00

Brullnux wrote:Sorry, I love Scotland though. Just a shock in August getting there with a crazy cold wind from the north sea :p

Here on the Fife Riviera we call that a late/light summer breeze :D If you want cold, come in January with a nice Northerly blasting down from goodness knows where :sad:
User avatar ferryman

Re:

19 Sep 2016 02:04

King Boonen wrote:North Sea you say? Oh, that's ok then, that's the crap side :)

Oi you!! You are now, officially, no longer welcome back to Fife;)
User avatar ferryman

19 Sep 2016 12:06

Obviously I meant East Lothian... ;)
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

19 Sep 2016 19:32

If I had to pick one place I've been to visit one last time it would be the Greek Island of Samothraki. It's in the Northern Agean sea and I've spent 4 weeks there in the past. It's far from your typical Greek Island, in fact it's completely different as it is a place that has all year round flowing rivers. It's a strange place with a clouded history and dark past. I've cycled around it as much as is possible and explored it's interior. A place where people live freely by the rivers for summer, it's very unique. I can't recommend it enough a very special part of the world, only shame I don't know how to upload my photos of it.

https://i.imgur.com/5usCR5Q.jpg
Last edited by Campervan man on 19 Sep 2016 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Campervan man

Re:

19 Sep 2016 19:49

Campervan man wrote:If I had to pick one place I've been to visit one last time it would be the Greek Island of Samothraki. It's in the Northern Agean sea and I've spent 4 weeks there in the past. It's far from your typical Greek Island, in fact it's completely different as it is a place that has all year round flowing rivers. It's a strange place with a clouded history and dark past. I've cycled around it as much as is possible and explored it's interior. A place where people live freely by the rivers for summer, it's very unique. I can't recommend it enough a very special part of the world, only shame I don't know how to upload my photos of it.

For posting photo's: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19650
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

22 Sep 2016 00:36

In the meantime, I found a good one of the island for everyone to enjoy.

User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Administrator

Re:

17 Oct 2016 21:01

Alpe d'Huez wrote:In the meantime, I found a good one of the island for everyone to enjoy.

I like this place! Share us, please, where we can find it?

And I've planned my Christmas vacation already. I'm going to see a real winter in Russia! A lot of snow and Mulled wine. I'm a bit scared to flighting there so I've booked the tickets in Lufthansa in iflyfirstclass.com, I suppose that is the airlines with the higher safety.
But I didn't book the hotel and didn't choose the city. Does anyone know is it safe in Russia now? And what I should choose Moscow or Saint-Petersburg?
Last edited by JaraM on 18 Oct 2016 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
JaraM

18 Oct 2016 08:03

I'd say Saint Petersburg, from what friends have told me. Moscow is very different, it depends on what you want to see really.

And Russia is very safe
Brullnux

Re:

26 Oct 2016 23:43

Brullnux wrote:I'd say Saint Petersburg, from what friends have told me. Moscow is very different, it depends on what you want to see really.

And Russia is very safe

Thank you! That helped me ;)
JaraM

13 Apr 2017 14:05

User avatar sir fly

26 Apr 2017 05:38

My dream destination is Istanbul.
mixedmartial
Newly Registered Member

Previous

Return to General