Register

R.I.P. George Michael

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Alpe d'Huez, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

R.I.P. George Michael

26 Dec 2016 19:49

bladerunner

27 Dec 2016 00:16

One of my faves from way back when...

Aretha Franklin & George Michael - I Knew You Were Waiting (for me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBCWLhlJV0Y

RIP - George Michael
User avatar Tricycle Rider

28 Dec 2016 23:20

It's a shame. I'm not a fan but from what I've read about him in the news recently it seems like he was a genuinely nice guy who also really paved a way for other homosexuals at a time when it was frowned upon (it still is by many unfortunately).
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re:

01 Jan 2017 07:46

King Boonen wrote:It's a shame. I'm not a fan but from what I've read about him in the news recently it seems like he was a genuinely nice guy who also really paved a way for other homosexuals at a time when it was frowned upon (it still is by many unfortunately).

It's refreshing for a major celebrity to pass and have news come out that enhances their reputation, unlike say, Jimmy Saville.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

02 Jan 2017 03:45

Sad news.
The guy had a mixed up / crazy life.

Run in's with the law and now all these stories breaking about full scale drug use and hardcore Heroin problem.
"Faith" was a good album!

Very sad also with the passing of Carrie Fisher and then her Mum, Debbie Reynolds a day or so later.

May they all rest in peace.
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

Return to General