Register

ChrisE RIP.

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Alpe d'Huez, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

04 Mar 2017 01:22

Wish I could have known the pain. Now its done. Whats left but the selfish suffering.

Thought I was tough and yet I'm such a pussy.

Tired and done sums up the rest.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

04 Mar 2017 11:33

thanx for the laffs eponymous E
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Re:

04 Mar 2017 17:07

Semper Fidelis wrote:Wish I could have known the pain. Now its done. Whats left but the selfish suffering.

Thought I was tough and yet I'm such a pussy.

Tired and done sums up the rest.

....nahhhh, you're just being a regular. the way he originally designed them, human....and btw being tough and being human are not mutually exclusive, in fact they go together as a major chunk of the package....a big part of the fuzzy logic we are blessed with....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

04 Mar 2017 18:01

Daaammmnnn. Why couldn't it have been ChrisH or Whareagle?

Does anybody here remember Skandar Akbar?
Remember how he said that
We would meet again
Some sunny day?
Skandar! Skandar!
What has become of you?
Does anybody else here
Feel the way I do?
"Their world is crumbling. Ours is being built."
DamianoMachiavelli

05 Mar 2017 10:44

Given that his is one of the most impersonal internet forums out there and we hardly get to know the people behind the usernames it is still with the utmost sadness to have to see someone go like this.

I'm gutted even though I didn't really know the man. Condolences to his family.
User avatar jsem94

08 Mar 2017 21:40

Only seen this. :(

RIP ChrisE

Ta for posting Glen.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re: ChrisE RIP.

11 Apr 2017 14:23

Please send me Private Message Re: ChrisE. He was my best friend in Houston. I called him last night and both numbers were NIS. You seem to be the only one who knows what happened. This is David from CA, the guy behind dickwrench and thaipanda.
mastersinart
Newly Registered Member

11 Apr 2017 18:08

mastersinart wrote:Please send me Private Message Re: ChrisE. He was my best friend in Houston. I called him last night and both numbers were NIS. You seem to be the only one who knows what happened. This is David from CA, the guy behind dickwrench and thaipanda.

Thanks Glenn, I finally got ahold of Angel this morning. Thanks for being a friend to "Chrissy".
mastersinart
Newly Registered Member

11 Apr 2017 18:09

mastersinart wrote:Please send me Private Message Re: ChrisE. He was my best friend in Houston. I called him last night and both numbers were NIS. You seem to be the only one who knows what happened. This is David from CA, the guy behind dickwrench and thaipanda.

Thanks Glenn, I finally got ahold of Angel this morning. Thanks for being a friend to "Chrissy".
mastersinart
Newly Registered Member

11 Apr 2017 18:41

mastersinart wrote:

Yes no worries. I will PM you my email / phone if you want.

By the way Chris as you know got the largest kick out of the dickwrench and thaipanda usernames. He was accused and so was I with respect of who was behind those usernames.

Good times. Good and Great guy.
Veteran

11 Apr 2017 19:59

Not sure if it's applicable..
If you need help there are people to call.. anybody can call..if you are concerned about yourself or if you are concerned about another person..call..just call.
The veterans crisis line is 24\7 they will help you.
Unchained

11 Apr 2017 20:18

Semper Fidelis wrote:
mastersinart wrote:

By the way Chris as you know got the largest kick out of the dickwrench and thaipanda usernames. He was accused and so was I with respect of who was behind those usernames.

That's funny, I thought Chris was dickwrench
User avatar patricknd

12 Apr 2017 15:09

patricknd wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
mastersinart wrote:

SO did the moderators and just about everyone. Including me for a while. I was talking to him over the phone back during the dickwrench days daily. He told me after about a day or two. HEHE

Honestly we were trolling so many websites it was hard to keep track of names etc. We rolled the Toyota Prius forums for months. We both finally ran out of material. He kept trying to start a thread on places you could plug the Prius into, this was back before they had any plug charging options. :lol:

We also had a good time on a fishing site for texas. One of the best places ever was some RC forum for Remote Controlled cars / planes / helos etc. He got them all bent out of shape for asking how to make an attachment to haul a bag of dog crap below a RC helo so he could drop in someones hot tub. ROFLMAO

Unchained thanks for the info. I'm aware of that VA crisis line.
Veteran

13 Apr 2017 02:38

Semper Fidelis wrote:
patricknd wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
mastersinart wrote:

SO did the moderators and just about everyone. Including me for a while. I was talking to him over the phone back during the dickwrench days daily. He told me after about a day or two. HEHE

Honestly we were trolling so many websites it was hard to keep track of names etc. We rolled the Toyota Prius forums for months. We both finally ran out of material. He kept trying to start a thread on places you could plug the Prius into, this was back before they had any plug charging options. :lol:

We also had a good time on a fishing site for texas. One of the best places ever was some RC forum for Remote Controlled cars / planes / helos etc. He got them all bent out of shape for asking how to make an attachment to haul a bag of dog crap below a RC helo so he could drop in someones hot tub. ROFLMAO

Unchained thanks for the info. I'm aware of that VA crisis line.

were you guys on the USPS fans forum, or the Disco fans forum, I think it was officially associated with Tailwind...

funny, I post on that, something about the Astana thing, and Lance going to Astana, and about yak's milk on the Kazaksthan steppe, I was more proud of that post than about anything else, a lot of others jumped across from cyclingforums to do the real sucker USPS fanboi troll, they thought we were serious
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

13 Apr 2017 12:29

I remember that board and some of those posts, hilarious.

I too recall us all thinking Chris was dickwrench, even though we mods were having a heck of a time piecing together IP addresses, posting times and all, it wasn't until I think Glenn or Chris himself convinced me that he wasn't, that we finally stopped going down that rabbit hole. Pretty funny in retrospect.

Gone, but not forgotten.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Administrator

13 Apr 2017 14:47

were you guys on the USPS fans forum, or the Disco fans forum, I think it was officially associated with Tailwind...

funny, I post on that, something about the Astana thing, and Lance going to Astana, and about yak's milk on the Kazaksthan steppe, I was more proud of that post than about anything else, a lot of others jumped across from cyclingforums to do the real sucker USPS fanboi troll, they thought we were serious

Yes I remember that Astana post. I think I spit out whatever I was drinking and ruined a monitor over that.

Chris yanked the crap out of people on the USPS fans forum. It was shame they stopped the forum because it was just getting really good.

Some of our more memorable DPF folks were in there also.
Veteran

Re:

13 Apr 2017 14:48

Alpe d'Huez wrote:I remember that board and some of those posts, hilarious.

I too recall us all thinking Chris was dickwrench, even though we mods were having a heck of a time piecing together IP addresses, posting times and all, it wasn't until I think Glenn or Chris himself convinced me that he wasn't, that we finally stopped going down that rabbit hole. Pretty funny in retrospect.

Gone, but not forgotten.

Chris back then done quite a bit of traveling and he freaking would make new accounts almost everywhere he went.
Veteran

22 Apr 2017 17:08

So many apologies to make...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of ChrisE.

I am sorry to have been away so long that I'm only finding out about it now., and about Glenn's name change.

I am sorry for the unanswered PMs.

(My only excuse is that I have had health issues, and my head has been in strange, other places.)

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to you Glenn on the loss of your friend. Alpe and blutto said it all about him on the first page.

RIP ChrisE
#FeeltheBern
User avatar Amsterhammer

Re:

22 Apr 2017 17:23

Amsterhammer wrote:So many apologies to make...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of ChrisE.

I am sorry to have been away so long that I'm only finding out about it now., and about Glenn's name change.

I am sorry for the unanswered PMs.

(My only excuse is that I have had health issues, and my head has been in strange, other places.)

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to you Glenn on the loss of your friend. Alpe and blutto said it all about him on the first page.

RIP ChrisE

Nice to see you back. Hopefully your health troubles are sorted.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

Re: Re:

22 Apr 2017 18:57

Scott SoCal wrote:
Nice to see you back. Hopefully your health troubles are sorted.

Thanks, Scotty. I'm on the mend.
#FeeltheBern
User avatar Amsterhammer

PreviousNext

Return to General