Register

Running-thread

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

25 Jan 2018 14:25

Yup, another half marathon on the 10th of February. I have not been on a run since, but I think I have a decent base, so I don't plan on doing more than four 10 km runs or so before.
User avatar Valv.Piti

31 Mar 2018 11:24

I went for 1.43 on a half-marathon today on a completely flat route (it was a little windy and muddy though, so not super optimal still). Im pretty happy with that time considering I haven't run for a few weeks, just focusing on the bike and going for some decent rides. And it seems to translate just fine, it was kinda of an experiment just to cycle - I cramped a bit up on the last 5 km, but still, that was very much to be expected...

Thinking of 1.35 next time, and then 1.30 at some point in 2018. Lets see if I can do that...
User avatar Valv.Piti

Re:

01 Apr 2018 03:42

Valv.Piti wrote:I went for 1.43 on a half-marathon today on a completely flat route (it was a little windy and muddy though, so not super optimal still). Im pretty happy with that time considering I haven't run for a few weeks, just focusing on the bike and going for some decent rides. And it seems to translate just fine, it was kinda of an experiment just to cycle - I cramped a bit up on the last 5 km, but still, that was very much to be expected...

Thinking of 1.35 next time, and then 1.30 at some point in 2018. Lets see if I can do that...

How do your shins feel after not running for a few weeks? I can understand the cardio from riding helping the running, but what your shins?
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Previous

Return to General