Register

The Cat Thread

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

26 Apr 2013 23:26

Yeah, I'm still really happy she's around. She's also usually good for a couple laughs every day.
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool than open it and remove all doubt
User avatar marinoni

17 May 2013 15:07

marinoni wrote: . . .Hunter was...well, perfect and I've tried really hard to not compare Clemmie to her. She's not terribly affectionate, she likes to have a little cuddle once or twice a day and otherwise she's off kind of doing her own thing. Hopefully things will get better with time.

More than dogs, I think, cats have a wide range of personalities. Sammi - who lived with me for 13 years, was brave, calm, smart, and just right in the affection department. Sprocket - was an excellent hunter, and loved to pick on the dogs - which probably is why he disappeared one night. He probably met a coyote, and thought he could bully him. Our two latest have more energy than all the other cats I've ever had put together, at least past the kitten play stage. These two are a nuisance for attention and playing. Tommy Templeton has become Tommy Trouble-ton. But he's loved anyway. Get another kitten, two are not much more effort than one. Keep your eye out for the right personality before you adopt your 2nd. All my cats have been rescues. Dogs, too.

Fuzzy talks of his meowitzers and a keg of abs, enjoy: http://www.gocomics.com/getfuzzy/2013/05/17/
It is of great use to the sailor to know the length of his line, though he cannot with it fathom all the depths of the ocean. ~ John Locke
User avatar hiero2

25 May 2013 03:06

I just discovered this thread. My girlfriend and our cats will be very happy. Piper likes to watch cycling and baseball--and pretty much everything else.

I'll share this one short video of our cat who likes to sit too close to the screen, regardless of the dangers...

https://vimeo.com/66923688
dogboy
Newly Registered Member

13 Jul 2013 03:20

We need a picture of Wasabi-chan here.

"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

13 Jul 2013 03:29

Aw Bro....
Poor kitty :p
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

13 Jul 2013 13:47

fixed that for you, bro :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
User avatar gregod

13 Jul 2013 16:47

User avatar lactictac

27 Apr 2014 02:38

This just might prove cats R smarter than dogs:
I-Knew-Cats-Were-Smart-But-At-08-Seconds-My-Mind-Was-Blown-LOL
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

27 Apr 2014 05:50

Kitty is on a roll, she has already brought us 7 mice this hunting season.
I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

cat enemy

30 Jun 2014 19:24

I'm really a 'Dog Person' but I like cats too

been looking after my friends cat ( pic drawn as a card to welcome her back from holiday )

my friend said 'if you want my cat to come to you use her fishy treats - she will go mad for them

not from me! the cat hid as soon as I entered...........even though my friend only lives in a small 2 bedroom flat I never saw the cat for days..........I searched but even now I have no idea where it was hiding

Mark L
Last edited by ebandit on 05 Jan 2016 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar ebandit

30 Jun 2014 23:49

I like that drawing!

Thanx for posting and bumping the Cat Thread :)
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

02 Jul 2014 09:31

i didn't a cat :(
anameli

31 Jul 2014 16:51

Very sorry to say that Kitty has gone to sleep forever and now rests in our garden, which she loved so much. Her kidneys started failing and there was nothing else to do.

RIP, sweet little Kitty.
I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Administrator

31 Jul 2014 17:59

Susan,
Sorry to hear about Kitty. Had the same thing happen with my Russian Blue, Lanida, 6 mos ago.
Rob
User avatar veganrob

31 Jul 2014 19:28

Thank you, and my sympathies for your loss too.
Administrator

01 Aug 2014 15:57

Susan Westemeyer wrote:Very sorry to say that Kitty has gone to sleep forever and now rests in our garden, which she loved so much. Her kidneys started failing and there was nothing else to do.

RIP, sweet little Kitty.

Very sad to hear this. We have three Siamese cats, and one black British Short Hair (or moggie, or witch's cat). Our two female Siameses have got the onset of kidney problems and are on the kidney food, one is 15 and the other 13. Our boy Siamese and girl Black Short Hair are on constant nightly patrol attempting to keep various hedgehogs and cheeky foxes out of our garden!
Hawkwood

02 Aug 2014 01:01

Susan Westemeyer wrote:Very sorry to say that Kitty has gone to sleep forever and now rests in our garden, which she loved so much. Her kidneys started failing and there was nothing else to do.

RIP, sweet little Kitty.

Susan..so very hard to lose our little family members..sad for your loss..:(
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

02 Aug 2014 23:41

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Susan. May I ask how old she was?

Behind my house there is huge green area where some locals grow vegetables and other plants and it's filled with stray cats. It is a true cat paradise due to the amount of small animals such as mice and even reptiles and sometimes birds they use to prey. Four years ago one of the cats among others that we used to feed regularly, had a litter that, for some reason, early developed a respiratory illness. All of them. Two of the kittens died a few days later, remaining other two. Little more than a week had passed until both seen their health deteriorate for what I discovered later to be pneumonia. One of those days I went to visit them and one was in the middle of the concrete floor, near some old furniture, stumbling and breathing fast. I knew he was not well and I hurried to take him to the nearest vet, with my hands, without any box or anything. I was thirteen years old at the time and as you can imagine I was in panic. Everything fell apart when I arrived at the door of the vet and he was not there. I knocked and nearly kicked the door. In my innocence and abstraction, I was expecting him to come to my aid somehow. Meanwhile, the kitten - true unspoiled beauty - hastened it's breathing until it heavily sighed one last time. I can not explain, but I felt at that precise moment life disappear into the nothing, and leave there in my arms, still, the body of an animal that I swear could be the true synonym of physical perfection. I cried and cried as never before, right there in the middle of the street with it still in my arms. I will never forget that moment. Not only because of what happened, but because it marked a turning point in my life where I decided to never eat meat again. Veganism came recentely. I started to value all life and only find it sad that for such change to take place, that animal died. I still find it funny how such small creatures can change us so deeply. The other kitten also died, during the night, likely the same way.

Just wanted to say that I relate to your loss and know exactly what you're going through.
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

06 Aug 2014 06:32

My husband has said he doesn't want to get another cat, because he couldn't bear to go through the pain of the loss again.

We adopted Kitty as an adult cat 8 years ago, and don't really know how old she was. It was clear though the last few years that she was elderly, without being real OLD. We figure she was maybe 12-14 years.
Administrator

16 Oct 2014 16:42

[SIZE="5"]What research says about cats: they're selfish, unfeeling, environmentally harmful creatures[/SIZE]
:eek:
http://www.vox.com/2014/10/16/6982177/the-case-against-owning-cats

WHEN PARASITES FOUND IN CAT LITTER INFECT HUMANS, THEY SEEM TO SUBTLY CHANGE PERSONALITY OVER TIME.
The parasites, or the humans?
User avatar Granville57

PreviousNext

Return to General