Register

What beer ya drinkin'?

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

Re:

27 Jan 2018 03:31

Kokoso wrote:Wine. After lots of years drinking mostly beer I've switched to wine somehow and it's much, much better beverage, at least regarding taste. Yes, one gets used to beer, but it is not really tasty thing. One gets used to everything after all. Give good beer to someone who doesn't and he'll say - what the heck, it's hideous. Give them good wine and they'll say: now that is good thing.

That's just your opinion. I don't happen to like wine, and craft beer is over taken wine in a lot of US cities that were big wine cities, so apparently the masses don't agree with you either.
froze

Re: Re:

27 Jan 2018 08:51

froze wrote:
Kokoso wrote:Wine. After lots of years drinking mostly beer I've switched to wine somehow and it's much, much better beverage, at least regarding taste. Yes, one gets used to beer, but it is not really tasty thing. One gets used to everything after all. Give good beer to someone who doesn't and he'll say - what the heck, it's hideous. Give them good wine and they'll say: now that is good thing.

That's just your opinion.

Not very clever comment and superfluous one. Of course that's just my opinion, Captain Obvious :D

craft beer is over taken wine in a lot of US cities that were big wine cities
I don't know, maybe. Even if it was true, US in not only country out there, you know ;)
Kokoso

Re:

27 Jan 2018 16:10

You are in the wrong thread.

I love fruit, but don't like the taste of fermented fruit, the tastes of oak, or the way it makes me feel. I have a good friend who is a chef/wine guy who tried for years to get me to like it, but it just didn't happen. Honestly, an average beer is better than a fine wine for me.

Now let's talk about silver tequila...mmmm!
jmdirt

Re: Re:

30 Jan 2018 02:40

froze wrote:

That's just your opinion. I don't happen to like wine, and craft beer is over taken wine in a lot of US cities that were big wine cities, so apparently the masses don't agree with you either.

Hmmm, well actually it apparently isn't just my opinion, here are numbers: 24 billion liters of wine are drank a year compared to just 187 billions liters of beer...looks like wine lost that one. Beer has been around for about 3,500 years before wine. Of course I'm not the only person drinking all those 187 billions liters of beer in one year...more of that captain obvious stuff. Besides I really don't drink much at all, I may have one 16 ounce of beer about every other month!
froze

Previous

Return to General