Register

World Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Re: World Politics

07 Mar 2017 17:27

python wrote:
blutto wrote:....and now some mind boggling news from how things is going in the only, uhhhh, errr, democracy in the middle east, you know the Old Testament version of the exceptional city on the hill....and in a weird coincidence those two "cities" are in a sprint finish to claim the title of having the greatest economic inequality in the "first" world ( or maybe not so weird...maybe just a key part of being exceptional or something )....

Palestinians can become Israeli citizens, but they can’t vote, says lawmaker in Netanyahu’s party

- See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2017/03/palestinians-citizens-netanyahus/#sthash.W8QHbZlI.dpuf

Cheers
the zionist idea of oppression of the palestinians has been condemned by the majority of united nations member states. also, and i can speak to it with some degree of knowledge, there is a growing sense irritation among the common europeans across the continent - not just the ever politically correct politician always scared to be labeled antisemitic. ...

all that being true, it seems a progress compared to what i learned recently. i always knew there were some ethnic/cultural tensions in the 3 baltic counties split from the s. u...but only recently i heard that there are hundreds of thousands of 'special status' people there most of whom were BORN in THOSE countries, yet denied the citizenship, mind you, in modern eu member states,...... b/c they the descendants of the occupiers. essentially they are considered the 5th column. it is a fact, though the sauce under which the facts is served can vary.

show me a single major american or european msm where the fact was elucidated properly as thoroughly undemocratic. i honestly dont know if those 'non-citizens' born in those countries are allowed to vote. i think some can, b/c i heard they are trying to fight back via their democratic options.

oh, and almost forgot to mention, in these counties the open pro-nazi connections , expressions and marches are looked up on favourable by the officals. not sure if it ever reached the insanity and intensity of the ukro-nazis.

...geez it just occurred to me, those are the three countries that Merikah is so gung-ho about saving from those god-less communistical totalitarian Putin-luvin' Russkies....

....so the exceptional bastion of democracy and freedom backstops those countries and Israel 'cause ???....weird eh ?...and lets not even get into the Saudi connection because there ain't words to accurately plumb the depths of that weird....so lets just say exceptional and leave at that....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

07 Mar 2017 20:11

...2 quick things or thingies ...

just read that the turkish, american and russian chiefs of staff - that is, the highest military officers in charge of the armed forces of their countries - have met in turkey. i dont really give a crap about what they talked about. fukc that.

giving in to the prevailing sentiment in washington, I demand, I DEMAND that the american chief of staff be immediately dismissed from the post for contacting the enemy.

the lowly high officer spoke to the russians !!!!!!!!!! fukc him !!!!!!!!!!!!

in case i am heard, the russian american stooge , aka chief of staff should be relegated to a busted that is knuckles busted , subordinate as his english post editor., or post counter...

and the 2nd news. this time it's no jokes, a big one....germany and especially the german media i just read are forking livid that erdogan compared the modern germany policies to their nazi predecessors. the amount of indignant, angry commentary is truly unprecedented for a nato 'ally'. i will leave the detail out subject to more interest should it arise...
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

Re:

07 Mar 2017 20:55

python wrote:...2 quick things or thingies ...

just read that the turkish, american and russian chiefs of staff - that is, the highest military officers in charge of the armed forces of their countries - have met in turkey. i dont really give a crap about what they talked about. fukc that.

giving in to the prevailing sentiment in washington, I demand, I DEMAND that the american chief of staff be immediately dismissed from the post for contacting the enemy.

in case i am heard, the russian american stooge , aka chief of staff should be relegated to a busted that is knuckles busted , subordinate as his english post editor., or post counter...

and the 2nd news. this time it's no jokes, a big one....germany and especially the german media i just read are forking livid that erdogan compared the modern germany policies to their nazi predecessors. the amount of indignant, angry commentary is truly unprecedented for a nato 'ally'. i will leave the detail out subject to more interest should it arise...

Yeah he should be dismissed. It is a stooge issue No?
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

Re: Re:

07 Mar 2017 21:13

Semper Fidelis wrote:

i agree with glen. but we need to hear from the busted b/c it's him to personally benefit (or not) from the demoted stooge services.

correct me if i am wrong, glen.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

Re:

08 Mar 2017 13:26

Actually Chairman of the Joint Chiefs..not in charge of any military, not an operational commander(at least in the US), advisor to the POTUS ONLY, as are the service secrataries and other members of the JCS. NOT in control of any forces.

Members of the JCS have conversations with Russia and China military members all the time, just like some senators on various committees have conversations with ambassadors.

Just for info for my civilian friends here.

For Semper Fi above..you should know this..basic COC stuff..
User avatar Bustedknuckle

08 Mar 2017 14:07

Why let facts get in the way of a good rant? Python was using 'alternative facts'.
djpbaltimore

08 Mar 2017 14:25

Benotti69 wrote:I don't believe anything from Astana any more than Sky.
Beech Mtn

08 Mar 2017 15:04

python wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:

i agree with glen. but we need to hear from the busted b/c it's him to personally benefit (or not) from the demoted stooge services.

correct me if i am wrong, glen.

No correction required fellow stooge.

We are sure to have a sighting today. Russia is a big deal.
Veteran

Re:

08 Mar 2017 15:09

I would not want to ride in those stryker's they are like mobile coffins same with the USMC amtraks. I get the feeling that I will be cooked alive. Never could stand them.

Also reading that story I was amazed at them flying the flag like that. Makes for a great target.
Veteran

11 Mar 2017 21:57

.....this could be fanciful , it could be absolutely true....but youse gots to take the past history of the various people involved into account eh....

All the financing of Maidan in Ukraine was driven by one particular goal, for which the U.S. State Department spared neither suitcases with dollars, nor cookies from Mrs. Nuland - Crimea. American missile defense system in Crimea would close the entire South and South-West Russia from the possibility of using ballistic missiles that serve as a deterrent to so-called American preventive nuclear strike. No coincidence that the much-touted project of European missile defense, which badly battered the nerves of our politicians and military, has flopped after the restoration of status quo in Crimea

Americans prepared very seriously and thoroughly for their entrance into Crimea, - said a member of the Federation Council Committee on defense and security, Dmitry Sablin. - A year before the events on Maidan in Kiev, they made repair estimates of a number of buildings in Sevastopol and in Simferopol, where they planned to house the headquarters and intelligence units. Military airfields and garrisons, which then belonged to Ukraine, they considered as their own military installations and even sent instructions for their conversion to NATO standards. In the plans of the U.S. military April 2014 was the start time of upgrades in Crimea. It seemed to them that the issue has been settled. But the referendum had thrown off their plans, and on March 18, Crimea became Russian again, where the overseas guests were no longer welcome. Americans later themselves acknowledged that the Russians outplayed them on all counts. Well, and from helplessness imposed sanctions — as a revenge for Crimea".

http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/03/how-russia-ruined-american-plans-in.html

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

12 Mar 2017 14:45

blutto wrote:.....this could be fanciful , it could be absolutely true....but youse gots to take the past history of the various people involved into account eh....

All the financing of Maidan in Ukraine was driven by one particular goal, for which the U.S. State Department spared neither suitcases with dollars, nor cookies from Mrs. Nuland - Crimea. American missile defense system in Crimea would close the entire South and South-West Russia from the possibility of using ballistic missiles that serve as a deterrent to so-called American preventive nuclear strike. No coincidence that the much-touted project of European missile defense, which badly battered the nerves of our politicians and military, has flopped after the restoration of status quo in Crimea

Americans prepared very seriously and thoroughly for their entrance into Crimea, - said a member of the Federation Council Committee on defense and security, Dmitry Sablin. - A year before the events on Maidan in Kiev, they made repair estimates of a number of buildings in Sevastopol and in Simferopol, where they planned to house the headquarters and intelligence units. Military airfields and garrisons, which then belonged to Ukraine, they considered as their own military installations and even sent instructions for their conversion to NATO standards. In the plans of the U.S. military April 2014 was the start time of upgrades in Crimea. It seemed to them that the issue has been settled. But the referendum had thrown off their plans, and on March 18, Crimea became Russian again, where the overseas guests were no longer welcome. Americans later themselves acknowledged that the Russians outplayed them on all counts. Well, and from helplessness imposed sanctions — as a revenge for Crimea".

Cheers

Cute propaganda. It's incredible how Russians swallow this stuff hole.
This bit really made me :lol: :
"American missile defense system in Crimea would close the entire South and South-West Russia from the possibility of using ballistic missiles that serve as a deterrent to so-called American preventive nuclear strike.

Unless the Russians have snuck all of their SSBNs through the Bosporus under Turkeys nose, and into the Black Sea, there is no way putting anything in Crimea would have any conceivable effect on the Russian nuclear deterrence.

Russias Nuclear deterrence is Based in Kola and I assume their SSBNs are somewhere below the Surface of the Barents Sea 3000 km north of Crimea.
User avatar ToreBear

12 Mar 2017 17:36

ToreBear wrote:
blutto wrote:.....this could be fanciful , it could be absolutely true....but youse gots to take the past history of the various people involved into account eh....

Cheers

Cute propaganda. It's incredible how Russians swallow this stuff hole.
This bit really made me :lol: :
"American missile defense system in Crimea would close the entire South and South-West Russia from the possibility of using ballistic missiles that serve as a deterrent to so-called American preventive nuclear strike.

Unless the Russians have snuck all of their SSBNs through the Bosporus under Turkeys nose, and into the Black Sea, there is no way putting anything in Crimea would have any conceivable effect on the Russian nuclear deterrence.

Russias Nuclear deterrence is Based in Kola and I assume their SSBNs are somewhere below the Surface of the Barents Sea 3000 km north of Crimea.

....brilliant analysis, just brilliant.....one question, why should the Russians be sneaking anything thru the Bosphorus to get to the Black Sea ( when they could just run the ICBMs that are stored in the basement of Putin's dacha in Sochi straight to Crimea ? ...no need for sneaking or anything eh ?.).....and don't you think the present placement of Russian SSBNs is somehow related to the Soviet need to get their missile fleet away from the Jupiters in Turkey way back when ( and if that is the case the Crimean idea in the article could be considered having validity, no ? )....

...you really should apply for a job in the Pentagon, I have a feeling you would have a very bright future there...

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

13 Mar 2017 17:51

a little surprised by the lack of postings re the crazy shyt taking place right now btwn turkey and the netherlands...

in reality, the conflict is much deeper and wider now involving at least 4 more european countries (germany, france, switzerland, denmark) and raging over such fundamental things as the freedom of expression, the right to demonstrate peacefully, the diplomatic etiquette etc etc

i'd be the last person to trust erdogan including his bipolar, clearly antidemocratic iterations.

but i need to read more before i can fully understand WHY in a western democratic country an ethnic turk wasn't allowed to get together with a group of the other likely minded turks and being addressed by a turkish diplomat...if the foreign electoral campaigning is illegal in the netherlands, than the case is closed, though i still would remain puzzled by such a law.

i can think of some cases, admittedly in a different context, where western diplomats would openly address/encourage or incite the pro-west street demonstrations in a foreign country. moreover, openly hostile to the existing govt at the time...
User avatar python
Veteran

13 Mar 2017 19:28

AFAIK, the Dutch people involved were against the idea, and wanted to discuss things first. Then the Turkish started making diplomatic threats, and then the Dutch forbade the Turkish secretary of Foreign Affairs to enter the country. To which the Turkish responded by smuggling another secretary into the country.

Basically a pissing contest, and from what I've heard the Dutch were well within their rights to kick that secretary out.

Basically almost all Dutch people agree with the decision, though with elections in two days, the governing parties could hardly do anything else without losing face.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

13 Mar 2017 21:29

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-13/us-delta-force-seal-team-6-prepare-take-out-kim-jong-un-practice-tactical-north-kore

So these guys attacked a single house and managed to destroy a helicopter while killing an unarmed Bin Laden, storm trooping past all of two shooters. Recently they f'ed up and got a guy killed while blitzing a compound during a murder spree in Yemen. Foiled by dogs and some sentries.

But...

They're going to take on North Korea and kill its well guarded, paranoid leader with no consequences. I'm saying that's probably not going to happen. Pure fantasy.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

Re:

13 Mar 2017 21:33

python wrote:a little surprised by the lack of postings re the crazy shyt taking place right now btwn turkey and the netherlands...

in reality, the conflict is much deeper and wider now involving at least 4 more european countries (germany, france, switzerland, denmark) and raging over such fundamental things as the freedom of expression, the right to demonstrate peacefully, the diplomatic etiquette etc etc

i'd be the last person to trust erdogan including his bipolar, clearly antidemocratic iterations.

but i need to read more before i can fully understand WHY in a western democratic country an ethnic turk wasn't allowed to get together with a group of the other likely minded turks and being addressed by a turkish diplomat...if the foreign electoral campaigning is illegal in the netherlands, than the case is closed, though i still would remain puzzled by such a law.

i can think of some cases, admittedly in a different context, where western diplomats would openly address/encourage or incite the pro-west street demonstrations in a foreign country. moreover, openly hostile to the existing govt at the time...

This sort of thing will only make Erdogan more popular in his own country so I don't know what he is complaining about but he has become a cartoon character. He can't be surprised in that what he gets away with in his country doesn't count for much over the border and he is also fanning the flames in countries like the Netherlands that were already debating racial tensions like many other countries.
movingtarget
Veteran

Re:

13 Mar 2017 23:27

ScienceIsCool wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-13/us-delta-force-seal-team-6-prepare-take-out-kim-jong-un-practice-tactical-north-kore

So these guys attacked a single house and managed to destroy a helicopter while killing an unarmed Bin Laden, storm trooping past all of two shooters. Recently they f'ed up and got a guy killed while blitzing a compound during a murder spree in Yemen. Foiled by dogs and some sentries.

But...

They're going to take on North Korea and kill its well guarded, paranoid leader with no consequences. I'm saying that's probably not going to happen. Pure fantasy.

John Swanson

Thought I heard/read in some report when the half brother was killed that he was the last remaining relative who was in line for succession. I thought at the time that if this is true, it's a stupid move by Kim, because now what's to stop the generals from staging a coup and wiping him out? No other relatives for a faction of the country to view as the rightful heirs.

Maybe this stuff from your article is a little PR push in hopes that the NK military will stage their own coup, particularly if China is now onboard with regime change, after the VX/assassination.
Benotti69 wrote:I don't believe anything from Astana any more than Sky.
Beech Mtn

Re:

14 Mar 2017 07:11

Red Rick wrote:AFAIK, the Dutch people involved were against the idea, and wanted to discuss things first. Then the Turkish started making diplomatic threats, and then the Dutch forbade the Turkish secretary of Foreign Affairs to enter the country. To which the Turkish responded by smuggling another secretary into the country.

Basically a pissing contest, and from what I've heard the Dutch were well within their rights to kick that secretary out.

Basically almost all Dutch people agree with the decision, though with elections in two days, the governing parties could hardly do anything else
without losing face.

How do you reckon Willers is going to do tomorrow? He's been going down in the polls but usually people on the street area a better indication. Any surprises that may occur?
Brullnux

14 Mar 2017 17:29

Brullnux wrote:
Red Rick wrote:AFAIK, the Dutch people involved were against the idea, and wanted to discuss things first. Then the Turkish started making diplomatic threats, and then the Dutch forbade the Turkish secretary of Foreign Affairs to enter the country. To which the Turkish responded by smuggling another secretary into the country.

Basically almost all Dutch people agree with the decision, though with elections in two days, the governing parties could hardly do anything else
without losing face.

How do you reckon Willers is going to do tomorrow? He's been going down in the polls but usually people on the street area a better indication. Any surprises that may occur?

I think Wilders does not have a big chance of winning. He's been running away from every debate up until yesterday and only playing the twitter game from the couch.

Mark Rutte has been doing very well in the campaign lately, he owned Wilders hard in the debate, and I reckon he'll win quite comfortably in the end.

The elections are very interesting though, with like 5/6 parties being very close to each other. Aside from Rutte's VVD and Wilders PVV, the christian democrats have had somewhat of a revival, and Groenlinks (green left) party have been doing great, though they're populist as ****. Then there's D66, a central progressive party, who are also in with an outside shot tomorrow.

The other story of these elections are a huge number of small party leftovers from other parties, and a bunch of new parties looking for a seat in the parliament, including a few right wing populist parties, as well as Denk (Think), a split off from the labour party of two Turkish members of parliament who are basically busy being Turkish populist nutjobs.

It seems all the outside world cares about is Geert Wilders, but he's got a very small chance of winning and by chance he does, nobody will want to cooperate with him to form a coalition. He's gone wayy too far off the wagon, and frankly, with him having been as high has he has in the polls over the last 2 years, and with more solid and reasonable right wing alternatives likely to get a seat in this years election, I think Wilders will be done for by the next election.

Where I live almost everyone I hear is gonna vote Groenlinks or D66 tomorrow, but that has always been the case. Most likely, 4 big parties will have to form a coalition together, so the formation may take a while, but I think there's a good chance D66 and the christian democrats will be in, mostly because there's almost no possibilities without then.

I have good hopes for a decent coalition rolling out of this
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

14 Mar 2017 18:46

Yeah, Groenlinks... I don't understand how anybody can take Jesse Klaver seriously. At the beginning of the election campaign I thought Dutch people would be too sober-minded to go along with that silly Jesse Klaver personality cult, but according to the polls I'm wrong on that one.

I also don't think Wilders will win. We've had recent precedents with the polls being wrong on Trump and Brexit, but in the Netherlands Wilders has always underperformed compared to the polls. I think that's the more relevant precedent, rather than Trump and Brexit.
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

PreviousNext

Return to General