Log in:  

Register

Favourite TV Show

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

26 Sep 2009 00:46

Alpe d'Huez wrote:Numb3rs

[color="White"][SIZE="1"] . [/SIZE][/color]


I just saw a commercial for a remake of "V"! :D
User avatar Cobber
Member
 
Posts: 1,080
Joined: 18 Jun 2009 19:28
Location: Brisbane, Australia

26 Sep 2009 01:07

Cobber wrote:I just saw a commercial for a remake of "V"! :D


Here is a trailer:cool:
"One man's breath is another man's death."
Eddy Merckx
User avatar titan_90
Member
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 02:14
Location: USA

26 Sep 2009 02:05

titan_90 wrote:Here is a trailer:cool:


stop me if you heard this before...
User avatar usedtobefast
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,367
Joined: 01 Jul 2009 23:19
Location: southern california

26 Sep 2009 06:12

Hello,
Nice thought for the poll.Well I like Seinfeld for the best comedy.I am also crazy about horror or suspensory shows.So I like The Lost or Prison Break also.Thank you for sharing the collent..
kaistenolee
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Sep 2009 05:51

26 Sep 2009 15:45

Alpe d'Huez wrote:Numb3rs

[color="White"][SIZE="1"] . [/SIZE][/color]


Yeah. The math has kind of fallen by the wayside in recent seasons, but it's one of the few shows where the characters are 1. nice, and 2. human.
User avatar Steampunk
Junior Member
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 29 Jul 2009 12:23
Location: Subpoenaed in Texas, Sequestered in Memphis

26 Sep 2009 21:18

Rockkwiz
TopGear
Pimp my Ride

Oldies:
Underbelly
Prisoner
Seinfeld
Offtheback
Junior Member
 
Posts: 119
Joined: 06 Mar 2009 22:14
Location: Brisbane

14 Jun 2010 20:08

Thoughtforfood wrote:Breaking Bad
Hung
Flight of the Conchords
The Office
Daily Show
Colbert Report
Law and Order
MASH
Sopranos
Dexter
Planet Earth
Tosh.0
30 Rock
Northern Exposure
Seinfeld
Beavis and Butthead
Top Gear

Here are the guys from Flight of the Conchords playing one of their songs on Letterman. HILARIOUS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84EoBQfdrb0


Breaking Bad is really excellent. I only discovered it recently and was hooked almost instantly. Great writing, some wonderful dark humour at times all wrapped around the premise of a high school teacher cooking meth with one of his former students to make some money.

Even though season three just ended this past Sunday I really can't wait for the start of season four.
trompe le monde
Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

14 Jun 2010 20:59

Fiction:

Doctor Who
Torchwood
Charmed

"Facta"

Top Gear
Mythbusters
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,174
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

12 Aug 2016 01:57

In the lack of fully appropriate thread I've decided to reanimate this one.

A while ago there was a rerun of some old short tv documentary that really impressed me.
Luckily, it's uploaded on tube and I think it's worth watching.
This is part two of the show, just in case you find it interesting, but fail to run into the sequel.
10 minutes a piece, 20 in total, I think you won't regret the time.
User avatar sir fly
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,561
Joined: 24 Feb 2014 16:04
Location: 011

Re:

12 Aug 2016 02:45

elapid wrote:Ginger or Maryanne?
Jeannie or Samantha?
sienna
Member
 
Posts: 654
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:41
Location: australia

Re: Favourite TV Show

12 Aug 2016 03:41

The Simpsons
The Sopranos
Seinfeld
Doctor Who
Monty Python
Hogans Heroes
Barney Miller
The Civil War doco
:D
sienna
Member
 
Posts: 654
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:41
Location: australia

Re: Favourite TV Show

12 Aug 2016 06:16

sienna wrote:The Simpsons
The Sopranos
Seinfeld
Doctor Who
Monty Python
Hogans Heroes
Barney Miller
The Civil War doco
:D


Good list, never saw the Sopranos, never liked Doctor Who much but the rest I agree with. The Civil War was superb. The Dust Bowl was another good Ken Burn's documentary. Some of his are good and others disappointing.
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,988
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

12 Aug 2016 07:11

As someone who enjoys baseball but didn't grow up with the sport I really enjoyed Ken Burns historic documentary, it served as a great launchpad to so many different and interesting people and events.

Also currently rewatching the West Wing with a friend whose never seen it and they're really enjoying it, pity they never had a Trump like character, but then who'd believe it.
User avatar The Principal Sheep
Member
 
Posts: 633
Joined: 02 Apr 2013 09:10

Re: Favourite TV Show

12 Aug 2016 09:00

sienna wrote:The Simpsons
The Sopranos
Seinfeld
Doctor Who
Monty Python
Hogans Heroes
Barney Miller
The Civil War doco
:D

Forgot F-Troop. :D
sienna
Member
 
Posts: 654
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:41
Location: australia

12 Aug 2016 15:56

Most recent: Gomorra. Show about Italian Mafia. Gritty, authentic scenery, really good acting, great music, beautiful camera work. It has it all. Even for someone who is really picky!
vredeling
New Member
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Aug 2016 10:44
Location: Netherlands

Re:

17 Aug 2016 05:34

trompe le monde wrote:
Thoughtforfood wrote:Breaking Bad
Hung
Flight of the Conchords
The Office
Daily Show
Colbert Report
Law and Order
MASH
Sopranos
Dexter
Planet Earth
Tosh.0
30 Rock
Northern Exposure
Seinfeld
Beavis and Butthead
Top Gear

Here are the guys from Flight of the Conchords playing one of their songs on Letterman. HILARIOUS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84EoBQfdrb0


Breaking Bad is really excellent. I only discovered it recently and was hooked almost instantly. Great writing, some wonderful dark humour at times all wrapped around the premise of a high school teacher cooking meth with one of his former students to make some money.

Even though season three just ended this past Sunday I really can't wait for the start of season four.


I think Breaking Bad was one of those rare series that maintained it's quality till the end. Most series linger for too long especially when they are successful. The last series of Seinfeld was pretty ordinary. I think Fargo is another good series and changing the time and the actors keeps it fresh. I thought Dexter dropped in quality towards the end even though the performances were still good.
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,988
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

Re:

23 Aug 2016 22:24

Offtheback wrote:Rockkwiz
TopGear
Pimp my Ride

Oldies:
Underbelly
Prisoner
Seinfeld

I love Rockwiz! I also really liked Spicks and Specks when they had Adam Hills, Myf Warhurst and Alan Brough. Apart from Ella Hooper there's not much going for it now :(
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,476
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re: Re:

24 Aug 2016 02:25

42x16ss wrote:
Offtheback wrote:Rockkwiz
TopGear
Pimp my Ride

Oldies:
Underbelly
Prisoner
Seinfeld

I love Rockwiz! I also really liked Spicks and Specks when they had Adam Hills, Myf Warhurst and Alan Brough. Apart from Ella Hooper there's not much going for it now :(

Some of the duets on Rockwiz were brilliant. I'm also a big fan of Ash Naylor and his bands Even and The Stems.
sienna
Member
 
Posts: 654
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:41
Location: australia

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Back to top