Register

Krebs' Free form/Chaos Thread

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

17 Mar 2018 06:11

I am very sorry to have to say that Krebs died the end of last year. By all accounts he went peacefully in his sleep.

RIP.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

17 Mar 2018 08:58

RIP Krebby master of Khaos :( very sad news
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

17 Mar 2018 12:32

Susan Westemeyer wrote:I am very sorry to have to say that Krebs died the end of last year. By all accounts he went peacefully in his sleep.

RIP.

Very sad, yes RIP brother.
User avatar Bustedknuckle

17 Mar 2018 12:47

I'm sorry to hear about the passing away of our friend.

R.I.P Krebs!
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

17 Mar 2018 17:24

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

17 Mar 2018 19:29

st patricks day....

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re:

18 Mar 2018 01:30

Susan Westemeyer wrote:I am very sorry to have to say that Krebs died the end of last year. By all accounts he went peacefully in his sleep.

RIP.

We will miss Krebby :cry:
He was a unique character and many of us knew him for years on this forum and other places. Krebby had a wacky and sweet sense of humour and was a kind and generous individual.

Kreb's steamroller posting on this thread was the stuff of legend :D and he entertained us with photos of his culinary prowess on the cooking thread..of course this devolved into a livestream of Kreb's Kitchen on ustream where he would chop & cook while downing shots of tequila.
In the last couple of years he had discovered members of his family after a search...a son and grandson that happily welcomed him into their lives. Krebby passed away loved by many.
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

18 Mar 2018 03:27

Sad news!

Maybe he would have enjoyed this:

I was hiking today (too crappy to ride), and about an hour in needed to relieve myself so I headed for a trailhead that has a double pit house. From about 500 m out I was walking directly at the doors and saw a couple go in one side. I went into the other side and it was pretty obvious what the couple was doing in the other side. There are better places than a pit house to do that! :eek:
jmdirt

Re: Free form/Chaos Thread

18 Mar 2018 04:46

:( How sad. I really enjoyed his posts. RIP.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

18 Mar 2018 22:18

I went to Kreb's house today to ask what things are appropriate to share.. I was told everything if it is within good taste and respectful of boundaries.

I reached out to Krebs when I was moving from the east coast to west.
. I first wanted to find a water view place in Mexico before restarting the work grind. I found a spot on Craigslist and Skyped the owner.
He asked for 1st, last and a security deposit. I asked Krebs if he could go and verify that the place was real and I wasn't going to lose my money to some cyber nut.. I offered to pay..he refused any money. He requested I buy him a beer,taco or coffee in person.
He inspected the place and told me it was legit..
5 weeks later I was able to make payment for the Krebs gesture and I got a new friend out of it..
Krebs lived in a well kept ocean view house with a@270 degree panoramic of the Pacific..His home is one of the highest in the small village. He had a micro crop of tomatoes, strawberries and cucumbers..lots of plants and animals.. humming bird feeders and his 5 dogs.. Pancho and Lefty amongst the pack..

Krebs described himself as pretty ugly.. maybe that's why we got along. He was 6ft 6 inches tall..100% nice guy..he liked everything and everyone.. he was nice as a default personality.
Within the last year his life was a bit of a lotto win..he took a run of the mill DNA test for @$75-99 dollars and with the results overturned enough internet and Facebook stones to uncover a son and a grandson..he was a little uneasy about the past but ultra happy, super stoked about the future..my girlfriend and I drove him to the San Diego airport for the intial flight to meet his discovered kin ..he was equal parts scared and nervous and filled with positive anticipation..
It all seemed to be going well until his sudden death..
I hope everyone who has a genetic tie or just a personal one is as much like him as possible..we all will benefit..
The guy was generous and genuine..
I will cry more when I think of what was lost and smile when I think of what was gained by knowing him..
RIP Lobo
Unchained

Re:

18 Mar 2018 22:23

Unchained wrote:I went to Kreb's house today to ask what things are appropriate to share.. I was told everything if it is within good taste and respectful of boundaries.

. I first wanted to find a water view place in Mexico before restarting the work grind. I found a spot on Craigslist and Skyped the owner.
He asked for 1st, last and a security deposit. I asked Krebs if he could go and verify that the place was real and I wasn't going to lose my money to some cyber nut.. I offered to pay..he refused any money. He requested I buy him a beer,taco or coffee in person.
5 weeks later I was able to make payment for the Krebs gesture and I got a new friend out of it..
Krebs lived in a well kept ocean view house with a@270 degree panoramic of the Pacific..His home is one of the highest in the small village. He had a micro crop of tomatoes, strawberries and cucumbers..lots of plants and animals.. humming bird feeders and his 5 dogs.. Pancho and Lefty amongst the pack..

Krebs described himself as pretty ugly.. maybe that's why we got along. He was 6ft 6 inches tall..100% nice guy..he liked everything and everyone.. he was nice as a default personality.
Within the last year his life was a bit of a lotto win..he took a run of the mill DNA test for @$75-99 dollars and with the results overturned enough internet and Facebook stones to uncover a son and a grandson..he was a little uneasy about the past but ultra happy, super stoked about the future..my girlfriend and I drove him to the San Diego airport for the intial flight to meet his discovered kin ..he was equal parts scared and nervous and filled with positive anticipation..
I hope everyone who has a genetic tie or just a personal one is as much like him as possible..we all will benefit..
I will cry more when I think of what was lost and smile when I think of what was gained by knowing him..
RIP Lobo

Thank you for sharing probably the most honest and warm comment that's ever been posted in this forum.

Cheers :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

18 Mar 2018 22:28

This is just an idea to throw out there and if nobody likes it that's fine, we can move on.

I'd like to change the title of this thread to honor one of the most beloved members of this forum's history to:

"Krebsy's Free Form/Chaos Thread".

Please PM me with your thoughts, good or bad.

Cheers :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

18 Mar 2018 22:40

No... R.I.P! :(
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

19 Mar 2018 00:07

Unchained wrote:I went to Kreb's house today to ask what things are appropriate to share.. I was told everything if it is within good taste and respectful of boundaries.

RIP Lobo

Thanks for sharing. This is largely an impersonal forum. It’s good to read post like this.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Re:

19 Mar 2018 00:35

RIP Lobo

Thank you for sharing this!

Many of you will remember the old Velo News forum before it imploded. I rode (and drank:) with three people from that forum when they were in Boise, and two others when I was in AZ. Its fun to meet in person!
jmdirt

19 Mar 2018 10:11

Unchained that is so so cool to read... we all got the impression that he was a good guy but so nice to read from someone who knew him in real life
Here is krebby's youtube channel, nothing too special but it was always nice to get an update of life in Mexico. There are some Krebs' Kitchen videos in there from years ago as well!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgd7-viMX_aFzCG0V14AmZw
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

19 Mar 2018 12:42

Very sad to hear this. RIP.

Thanks @ Unchained for sharing.
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

20 Mar 2018 07:50

Elaine Herzberg & her bicycle - who? A first in history, but not wanted/desired.
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/03/uber-self-driving-car-hits-and-kills-pedestrian/
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

20 Mar 2018 11:44

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:Very sad to hear this. RIP.

Thanks @ Unchained for sharing.

Exactly my thoughts.
Dang!
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

27 Mar 2018 12:01

for all those anonymous victims of movies/novels whom readers/viewers don't give a XXXX
for when they gasp their last breath while caring so much for the hero/heroine

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

PreviousNext

Return to General