Register

Your local weather

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

25 Sep 2018 23:41

Unchained wrote:i read today that there are still dangerous water levels on some rivers in N and S Carolina...hope it will be over soon

There is, and still flooding in some areas. Don't know how soon it will be over as it was raining here today. Did not need more rain. Really wish we could ship some of it to the west where they need it.
User avatar Koronin

11 Oct 2018 20:51

Hope you're doing ok Koronin.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

12 Oct 2018 01:22

Robert5091 wrote:Hope you're doing ok Koronin.

Thanks. We've got now tropical storm Michael going through. So far so good with it. There are still tons of stuff out at the road to be picked up by clean up crews, but haven't seen those crews in the county at all. This one should be out of here sometime over night.
User avatar Koronin

12 Oct 2018 04:03

I was concerned that there was some cowboy B.S. Going on..people were told to evacuate but instead thought they "would ride it out" ..there is nothing heroic about staying behind..many people will risk life and limb to save boneheads that don't listen...
Unchained

Re:

12 Oct 2018 04:25

Unchained wrote:I was concerned that there was some cowboy B.S. Going on..people were told to evacuate but instead thought they "would ride it out" ..there is nothing heroic about staying behind..many people will risk life and limb to save boneheads that don't listen...

If there is a mandatory evacuation they don't necessarily come save you if it's too dangerous. The except to this is if a shelter becomes threatened by the hurricane, then they do come to rescue to people as they did follow the evacuation order. The reason we evacuated when Florence hit was because it was so slow moving and the amount of rain it was going to dump. We knew we'd loose power and weren't sure if we'd be able to get out of the neighborhood.
User avatar Koronin

Re: Re:

12 Oct 2018 20:58

Koronin wrote:
If there is a mandatory evacuation they don't necessarily come save you if it's too dangerous. The except to this is if a shelter becomes threatened by the hurricane, then they do come to rescue to people as they did follow the evacuation order. The reason we evacuated when Florence hit was because it was so slow moving and the amount of rain it was going to dump. We knew we'd loose power and weren't sure if we'd be able to get out of the neighborhood.
If this kind of a weather pattern were to become a regular thing, would you consider moving elsewhere?
User avatar Tricycle Rider

Re: Re:

12 Oct 2018 23:21

Tricycle Rider wrote:
Koronin wrote:
If this kind of a weather pattern were to become a regular thing, would you consider moving elsewhere?

My husband would have to be able to get a transfer and it would have to be someplace we are both willing to live. There are states in this country I will not consider living. We won't stay here when we retire, but that's at least 12 or so years away for my husband. Add another 8 or so years for me. If we can retire on just his retirement our plan is to move out of the country when he retires.
User avatar Koronin

Previous

Return to General