Register

Your local weather

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: peloton, Irondan, Eshnar, Alpe d'Huez, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky

Re: Your local weather

23 Jun 2016 13:31

Thursday
A mix of clouds and sun. High around 75F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday Night
Partly to mostly cloudy. Low 63F. Winds light and variable.
Friday
Mostly sunny skies. High 76F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night
Clear. Low 63F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday
Sunny skies. High 74F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday Night
Clear skies. Low 64F. Winds light and variable.

It was all I could do to submit this comment I don’t know where the inspiration came from…
User avatar krebs303
Veteran

20 Jul 2016 22:11

Sunny, no wind, about 85F - not my ideal riding weather, so I'll just stay in and give the dog a bath.

He'll be a bit angry and have a fight with the towel after his bath, but eventually he'll settle down and we'll be looking for more trouble no matter the weather.

User avatar Tricycle Rider

30 Jul 2016 00:05

101F, sunny, a bit of a wind....

Not cool, man, not cool at all! :mad:

30 Jul 2016 00:15

I am not at home in Mexico with the coastal breezes. I am in Monrovia CA and it is 101f and no wind. miserable
It was all I could do to submit this comment I don’t know where the inspiration came from…
User avatar krebs303
Veteran

31 Jul 2016 16:51

Abundant sunshine. High 93F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Still in Monrovia. Oh I miss my ocean breezes

User avatar krebs303
Veteran

31 Jul 2016 16:52

krebs303 wrote:Abundant sunshine. High 93F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Hi ya, Krebs! How are your tomatoes doing this year?

Mine are still green, but if this sun and heat is good for anything it's for ripening my tomatoes and sunflowers.

(Back to normal summer weather here, btw., about a sunny 85F.)

31 Jul 2016 17:56

Tricycle Rider wrote:

Mine are still green, but if this sun and heat is good for anything it's for ripening my tomatoes and sunflowers.

got a late start on the tomatoes and mine are also still green. Strawberries blackberries are just finishing up. The fig trees are loaded with fruit. Some lemons and limes coming in. The pomergrante tree is flowering. Basil and oregano are fabulous. Jury still out on peach and plum trees.
User avatar krebs303
Veteran

31 Jul 2016 18:41

krebs303 wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:

got a late start on the tomatoes and mine are also still green. Strawberries blackberries are just finishing up. The fig trees are loaded with fruit. Some lemons and limes coming in. The pomergrante tree is flowering. Basil and oregano are fabulous. Jury still out on peach and plum trees.
Can we all just come over and pick/eat the fruit for free then?

If you've got more than you know what to do with, that is. :D

02 Aug 2016 08:34

Pretty much 24 hours of constant heavy rain.

Just as well I'm camping! :D
User avatar kwikki

Re:

02 Aug 2016 20:49

kwikki wrote:Pretty much 24 hours of constant heavy rain.

Just as well I'm camping! :D
So, I must ask... are you camping, or "glamping"?

It was only today that I found out that the term "glamping" means glamorous camping, which in no way resembles true camping.

Not that there's anything wrong with glamping, mind, as long as the glampers don't trash up the place and clean up after themselves. (Which true campers should know how to do, also.)

02 Aug 2016 20:58

What the hell is glamping? Kind of defeats the object of camping, which is to have a totally miserable time but pretend it is great.

(I jest. The last two days have been shockers, but the rest amazing)
User avatar kwikki

Re:

02 Aug 2016 21:57

kwikki wrote:What the hell is glamping? Kind of defeats the object of camping, which is to have a totally miserable time but pretend it is great.

(I jest. The last two days have been shockers, but the rest amazing)
I have no idea how glampers deal with the obstacles that Mother Nature throws in their way (they probably don't, they probably have someone do it for them), but for the true camper the obstacles are a joy. (Well, most of the time.)

There's nothing like listening to the silence and seeing the sky when you're far, far away from the city lights, just like there is nothing like being able to set your own bonfire and roast some weenies. (Be sure to completely kill that bonfire before you leave, though, I'm exceptionally particular about that!)

02 Aug 2016 22:22

Tricycle Rider wrote:
krebs303 wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:

Can we all just come over and pick/eat the fruit for free then?

If you've got more than you know what to do with, that is. :D
you wouldn't be the first from this forum to come visit.
User avatar krebs303
Veteran

19 Aug 2016 21:09

The world of suck that my current weather presents is probably not as high as the world of suck that having to run the 1500m when you're a decathlete is, but nonetheless...

Sunny, over 100F here in Eugene right now. Hopefully everyone has left their dogs and their kids inside their house instead of leaving them in the car!

14 Oct 2016 19:39

The sky gods were angry last night. A proper thunder and lightening storm, along with plenty of wind. The thunder shook the house at times and the lightening was lighting up my closed eyes as I was trying to sleep. The power went out in the middle of the night but was on, amazingly, before the sun rose. Apparently this is a hangover from the typhoon in Asia. Now it's just pouring rain so situation normal here on the wet coast.

We've had more thunder and lightening storms this year than I ever recall. Normally they're quite rare around here. A new normal I guess.

edit - apparently saturday night (tomorrow) is supposed to be even more special. Yeehaw!
Starstruck

Re:

14 Oct 2016 23:23

Starstruck wrote:edit - apparently saturday night (tomorrow) is supposed to be even more special. Yeehaw!
Same here, we're supposed to get the tail end of the typhoon tomorrow here in the Willamette Valley. (Already had heavy winds and a bit of a thunderstorm today.)

While I'm certainly in no panic I've got my flashlight ready and have some extra drinking water on hand, hope you and yours will be all right!

(The worst thing I've got planned for tomorrow [besides going to work] is going to the dentist to have a filling replaced, hope the power doesn't go out while she's in the middle of drilling.)

17 Oct 2016 21:06

It's not a bad now, warm in a day and not cold in the night. And no rain. I like such weather in autumn!
JaraM

28 Oct 2016 19:05

Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy this afternoon. High 82F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph

User avatar krebs303
Veteran

05 Nov 2016 19:49

Hi ya, krebby, life still treating you well in Mexico?

Here...

Rain, and lots of it. Which is cool by me seeing as we have been behind in rainfall for a couple of years now... but I do realize it's not so cool for people who live in areas that have a tendency to flood due to heavy rainfall.

PreviousNext

Return to General