Register

The 2017 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

17 Mar 2017 19:10

Also have 11 riders for MSR. 3-4 could even compete for a win. Damn, sometimes I wish i didn't have a life so i could spend 291km watching the race.

FRANK, Mathias
GOUGEARD, Alexis
SKOUJINS, Toms
BENOOT, Tiesj
BERNAL, Egan Arley (wait, is bernal in this? i don't think so)
DILLIER, Silvan
EWAN, Caleb
SPILAK, Simon
VIVIANI, Elia
DEGENKOLB, John
ANDERSEN, Soren Kragh
Stuyven, Jasper
Bob
Omaha, NE
bminchow

Re: The 2017 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

17 Mar 2017 19:16

Crap. And 11 guys riding at Catalunya. Now this is getting fun. My one-bedroom apartment for a european cycling channel!
Bob
Omaha, NE
bminchow

18 Mar 2017 16:25

Kwiat into profit :)
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran

18 Mar 2017 16:36

So happy to have selected Kiwat ! Was a initially a little hesistant due to the SKY factor.
User avatar the asian

18 Mar 2017 17:23

He should podium Itzulia, so even if he flukes the Ardennes, there's still plenty of points to score this spring.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

18 Mar 2017 17:26

A lot of popular riders in that top 10 - Kwiat, Gaviria, Degenkolb, Viviani, Ewan. Anybody got all of them?
User avatar Geraint Too Fast

Re:

18 Mar 2017 17:33

Geraint Too Fast wrote:A lot of popular riders in that top 10 - Kwiat, Gaviria, Degenkolb, Viviani, Ewan. Anybody got all of them?

Have got 4 of them except Ewan. Offset for this week due to having Roglic (only two others have).

Expecting another good week !
User avatar the asian

18 Mar 2017 18:17

Well, Kwiat's win keeps my head above water this week - he's popular, but still fewer than half the teams, so getting 280 points on most of the field always helps. Degenkolb and Viviani getting top 10 points too, and hey, even Betancur finished! Gaviria, who is popular and who I don't have, got 5th place, which is about as low a result as I'd have put him if I had had to guess. I'll reserve judgement until after, say, Gent-Wevelgem, but so far he is doing well but not outperforming where I thought he'd be. Ewan, however, surprised me by making it to the finale and finishing 10th. Yikes, he is my regret of the year so far.

Elsewhere, Edward Planckaert picked up a handy 4th place in France for 36 points, only 10 points away from profit. With rare pick Bauhaus' points for Nokere Korese this week, I should be doing okay.
skidmark

18 Mar 2017 19:32

I think that's one of my best ever races points-wise with Kwiat, Alaphilippe, Gaviria and Degenkolb ... plus a couple of finishers.
User avatar armchairclimber

Re:

18 Mar 2017 19:43

Geraint Too Fast wrote:A lot of popular riders in that top 10 - Kwiat, Gaviria, Degenkolb, Viviani, Ewan. Anybody got all of them?

all except Gaviria,

How many have Alaphilippe?
del1962
Veteran

Re: Re:

18 Mar 2017 19:58

del1962 wrote:

all except Gaviria,

How many have Alaphilippe?

I think about 12 of us.
User avatar armchairclimber

19 Mar 2017 12:18

Wow...
I should avoid checking for updates... completely missed that I was sitting in 2nd for a week. P-N and T-A were quite bad, but I still only lost 4 places. Very happy with how things are running.

Kwiat in profit is great. He was the biggest piece I kept on excluding and including while trying different combinations. Glad I stuck with him.
HelgeBlendet

19 Mar 2017 13:25

I should score over 800 points in a week for the first time since the game started.
Many popular picks among the ones scoring so I'm not expecting a big leap in the rankings, but it's nice to see Kwiato winning big!
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

19 Mar 2017 15:19

Sondre Holst Enger must be the worst pick I ever made... 464 cost that can't even finish French 1.1 races atm, while I was expecting him to rack up top 10s in races like yesterday's MSR. Does anybody know what happened to him this winter? Except making 'artistic' still-life movies for his twitter.
User avatar Pentacycle

Re:

19 Mar 2017 15:26

Pentacycle wrote:Sondre Holst Enger must be the worst pick I ever made... 464 cost that can't even finish French 1.1 races atm, while I was expecting him to rack up top 10s in races like yesterday's MSR. Does anybody know what happened to him this winter? Except making 'artistic' still-life movies for his twitter.

He seems to have to work hard to get into any kind of form. Last year he was abysmal until sometime in April as well, though he does seem to be even worse this year.
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran

20 Mar 2017 10:35

With Kwiat, Roglic et al. this week should be pretty good for me. :)

Another eventful week coming up this week with a lot of different races and loads of points.

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya
LANDA, Mikel
DE PLUS, Laurens
CARTHY, Hugh
VALLS, Rafael
KÄMNA, Lennard
MEINTJES, Louis

Hmmm the 40km TTT doesn't really help me here. :Neutral:

Dwars Door Vlaanderen
BOOM, Lars
BRESCHEL, Matti
EWAN, Caleb
VAN KEIRSBULCK, Guillaume

Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali
DOMBROWSKI, Joe
BERNAL, Egan Arley
SEPÚLVEDA, Eduardo

Sepulveda could be good here. :)

E3 Harelbeke
DILLIER, Silvan
GOUGEARD, Alexis
BRESCHEL, Matti
CARAPAZ, Richard
BOOM, Lars
DEGENKOLB, John

Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Fields
DILLIER, Silvan
GOUGEARD, Alexis
BRESCHEL, Matti
CARAPAZ, Richard
EWAN, Caleb
BOOM, Lars
DEGENKOLB, John

Don't know how I feel about my cobbled team. If Boom and Breschel show up in a decent shape and GVK and Dillier turn their good form into some points it could be quite good, but those are all ifs......
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

20 Mar 2017 12:01

Hugo Koblet wrote:
Pentacycle wrote:Sondre Holst Enger must be the worst pick I ever made... 464 cost that can't even finish French 1.1 races atm, while I was expecting him to rack up top 10s in races like yesterday's MSR. Does anybody know what happened to him this winter? Except making 'artistic' still-life movies for his twitter.

He seems to have to work hard to get into any kind of form. Last year he was abysmal until sometime in April as well, though he does seem to be even worse this year.

I think he might have crashed or something in the big crash in the first sprint in Abu Dhabi, but it has been very difficult to get any information on what has happened to him, or if he got ill or something instead. For sure he has had some kind of setback, as he recently tweeted "he was glad to be back on his bike after a terrible start to the season" so I would presume he will start to slowly find some shape soon.

I have had a very similar situation with Walscheid that started out the season very optimistic but then got ill right away, and has since struggled a lot to get back in decent shape. Hopefully he too will soon get back in the rythm.
MADRAZO

20 Mar 2017 14:09

MADRAZO wrote:
Hugo Koblet wrote:

I think he might have crashed or something in the big crash in the first sprint in Abu Dhabi, but it has been very difficult to get any information on what has happened to him, or if he got ill or something instead. For sure he has had some kind of setback, as he recently tweeted "he was glad to be back on his bike after a terrible start to the season" so I would presume he will start to slowly find some shape soon.

I have had a very similar situation with Walscheid that started out the season very optimistic but then got ill right away, and has since struggled a lot to get back in decent shape. Hopefully he too will soon get back in the rythm.

As far as I know Sondre didn't crash in Abu Dhabi. He was still recovering after getting food poisoned in Oman, and trying to start in Abu Dhabi made things worse. His pre-season training has been fine, but will probably need a few more races before he is at normal level.
User avatar vladimir

21 Mar 2017 04:31

Update #10: Results in Italy take the Blues away

It's mid-March, which mean the big weeks are starting to roll in the CQ game. This upcoming week has a dizzying array of opportunties, from Catalunya to DDV to E3 to Coppi e Bartali to Gent-Wevelgem. Last week was not quite as varied, but (no pun intended) monumental enough. Milan San Remo continued the vein of exciting racing this season (if not for quite as extended a period as some other races), while Tirenno-Adriatico kind of bucked that trend. But both gave big CQ points, and with so many popular riders in the top 10 of MSR (Kwiat/Degenkolb/Gaviria/Viviani/Ewan and even Alaphilippe on a dozen teams), it was an interesting question as to who would have the winning combo of riders. Let's find out!

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 Blues in the bottle 950
2 the asian 885
3 Poles & Co. 875
4 ansimi 845
5 Geraint Too Fast 832

I don't know if you guys know this, but 950 points is almost 1000 points, and 1000 points is a lot of points! Wow. A game veteran who has played every edition (I believe, going from memory here) Blues in the bottle strikes gold and takes the week! But it wasn't all San Remo for Blues - sure, their team had the necessary Kwiatkowski, but rather than an enormous combo of MSR finishers, their second high scorer this week was Rohan Dennis (6 teams) with some enormous T-A points. Of course, Gaviria/Degenkolb/Viviani/Ewan certainly helped this dominating result as well. Second place on the week is former weekly winner the asian, with points from Kwiat and some sprinters in MSR, supplemented by healthy results from Roglic and Spilak. Rounding out the podium his wek is the thematic team Poles & Co., who definitely got some help from the lead Pole who won San Remo, but the '& Co', which included Alaphilippe and Gaviria and Degenkolb and Viviani but also points from rare riders like Alan Banaszek and Davide Ballerini, certainly didn't hurt.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team up/down
1 Poles & Co. (+45)
2 Geraint Too Fast (+40)
3 Popchu (+33)
4 CQmanager (+32)
4 Falze (+32)

Points totals are getting spread out enough that this chart isn't simply identical to the previous one anymore, as only 2 of the top 5 are in common. Popchu, CQmanager and Falze all have great leaps this week as well as the top high movers that get the double mention this week.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 DJW 102
2 the asian 96
3 Blues in the bottle 90
4 Nicosix 87
5 fauniera 72

Well, DJW opened a large lead last week, but it's tightening up as spots 2-5 all score points this week. Blues' weekly win moves their team into 3rd overall, while the asian moves into 2nd. Nicosix has to settle for fourth, but we will see below that this is probably a consolation prize that is just fine.

Top 10 Overall

1 (-) Nicosix 3451
2 (+3) tom_jelte 3338
3 (+1) jeroenk 3284
4 (+15) Blues in the bottle 3197
5 (-3) LightBing 3158
6 (+1) Pentacycle 3137
7 (+16) the asian 3111
8 (+10) fauniera 3098
9 (+1) shalgo 3096
10 (+7) Maaaaaaaarten 3091

Already leading the competition, Nicosix cements the lead for this week by placing in the top 10 weekly scorers. tom-jelte was also in the top 10 for the week and moved up, and you can see the double digit jumps by other teams that scored big this week. A lot of movement - with so many riders scoring who are on 40-100 teams, there are bound to be some teams that are big winners and losers. Lots of upheaval in the top 10 - Blues, the asian, fauniera and Maaaaaaarten all tear into the upper echelon of the competition, while Russell23, 18-Valve and HelgeBlendet fall out, and longtime leader greenedge tumbles from the podium last week to 19th overall this week. It was a good run, though.

Spreadsheet at dropbox
skidmark

21 Mar 2017 07:42

Thanks for the update, skidmark! An impressive amount of points scored this week. I'm slowly but steady moving upwards - nice! A cool feature next year would be if it's possible to track your teams movement from week to week. A graph showing your movement for instance.

Oh by the way, kudos to those picking Alaphilippe this year. I didn't think that he would be able to improve a lot on last year's score, but it certainly looks that way. At this point last year he had scored 0 points and this year 526 points already. Last year he scored 262 points in the Ardennes and 375 points the year before, so let's say 300 points on average which would already bring him above 800 points. Does anyone know what his schedule looks like for the rest of the season?
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling