Register

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick

07 May 2018 20:59

62 points for the entire week and 56 of those Roson at Madrid.

Well it could have been worse.
User avatar Koronin

07 May 2018 21:29

28 points, no wonder I dropped out of the top 10 :lol:

I regret not picking de Bie more and more as each week passes :rolleyes:
escartin

Re:

08 May 2018 03:29

Squire wrote:One point!! :eek: :mad:

Hey, it's a week I scored better than squire, things are really turning around.
User avatar Tigerion

08 May 2018 16:12

Finally a mention in an update this year :)

Hopefully it's upwards from here !
User avatar the asian

Re: The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

08 May 2018 18:06

Didn't expect rank 45 of the week with only 88 points. All those points scored this week will look kinda ridiculous as soon as the giro gc battle starts.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

11 May 2018 19:54

Can't see myself staying in the top 30 for much longer. Will probably end up middle of the pack. Having Tony Martin is a retarded move of epic proportions, not having Gav or MAL is really stupid too.
User avatar jsem94

13 May 2018 20:06

Well I have no idea how many points the small Spanish race that just concluded give, but Roson did win the GC and he's on my team. Soler was there as well.

For my California team:
Neilson Powless
Mark Cavendish
Alvero Hodeg
Lawson Craddock
User avatar Koronin

14 May 2018 18:49

Update: hyserical score for Eric10

With the Giro going along and some smaller stage races the scores have been significantly higher than they were past week (which isn't very difficult). Having led the Green Jersey competitiona and the overall for a while now, LightBing still has everything firmly under control.

This Week's Top Scorers
1 Eric10 457
2 zlev11 451
3 AlyKapan 439
4 AupaPyama 416
5 Londonpat 400

Eric10 has the golden Mitchelton duo dominating the Giro, with Chaves and Yates. However, unlike in the Giro, Chaves and Yates can be in several teams in our game and while Eric10 takes the lead, zlev11 and AlyKapan who are sporting the same duo aren't far behind. AupaPyama does not have Yates, but he has Timothy Dupont, who scored 97 points in Dunkerque. Londonpat, also missing Yates, has Gougeard to place him in this week's top 5.

This Week's High Movers
1 AupaPyama (+12)
1 zlev11 (+12)
3 the asian (+10)
3 Geraint Too Fast (+10)
5 Eric10 (+8)

Not a huge amount of movement this week. AupaPyama and zlev11 share the top spot, and Eric10, being the highest scorer of the week, unsurprisingly also makes the top 5. the asian keeps up his good run and Geraint Too Fast having Javier Moreno, Taaramäe and unique pick Evrard with 29 points completes the top 5.

Green Jersey
1 LightBing 150
2 Eric10 117
2 Squire 117
4 Kryvo 112
5 Wallenquist 111

LightBing still green as a frog. Behind him things are very close with Eric10 and Squire sharing the 2nd place and five points behind them Kryvo and Wallenquist are only one point apart. While LightBing has been giving the green Light for a while, nobody seems to be putting their foot on the gas quite yet.

Top 10 Overall
1 LightBing 6375
2 Eyeballs Out 6244
3 ruvu75 6217
4 trackstand 6163
5 TheArt 6076
6 Wallenquist 6059
7 scrooll07 6037
8 GP Blanco 5985
9 Squire 5966
10 Kryvo 5933

Here LightBing has been shining his light over the competition as well. Squire has entered the top 10, while Gigs has just barely dropped out of it. Meanwhile ruvu75 has swapped places with trackstand for the podium. As far as the current top 10 and the looming Giro GC points are concerned; Chaves, Lopez and Formolo are extremely common, with only scrooll07 missing Superman and only Eyeballs Out missing Formolo. However scrooll07 has Carapaz, which might to some extent make up for missing Superman. Squire might be looking best not missing any of the common picks likely to score significant GC points, while also having rare pick Woods. Finally, the fabled Phoenix rising from the fat might end up helping Eyeballs Out, Wallenquist, GP Blanco and Squire who have all picked Betancur. If I were LightBing and co I'd get on a plane to Italy ASAP and offer Carlos some of the Bandeja Paisa he's been missing in Europe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rojx3wkuhk2gn0u/CQ%202018%20update%2018.xls?dl=0
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

14 May 2018 19:17

Thanks for the update! It's good to be back in the top 10. As you have alluded to, I'm hoping to move further up with some Giro GC points.

Not a ton of races this week:

Amgen Tour of California (2.UWT)
CAVENDISH Mark

Ugh... Was hoping QS would send Mas and/or Ala.

Tour of Norway (2.HC)
HALVORSEN Kristoffer
ENGER Sondre Holst
ALBANESE Vincenzo
JONES Brenton

Nobody for the GC. Eiking went for altitude training instead of the Norwegian races which I sort of picked him for. Let's hope that pays off later. Intxausti makes his comeback here. Will be interesting to see if I made the right decision by ignoring him.

Tour de l'Ain (2.1)
TAARAMÄE Rein

Hopefully Taaramäe can continue his renaissance in this weak climbing field.

Grote Prijs Marcel Kint (1.1)
BOL Cees

The cesspool has been in absolutely stellar form lately. Let's hope he can bring that form to his first .1 race of the season, and finally get some real points.
User avatar Squire

15 May 2018 17:53

Has Taaramae finally waken up? About time he actually scored some points.
User avatar Koronin

16 May 2018 15:57

So, let's take a look at where my gc contenders for this giro currently are:
Chaves, Lopez, Formolo, Brambilla...well...ouch
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

16 May 2018 16:04

Gigs_98 wrote:So, let's take a look at where my gc contenders for this giro currently are:

I also have all of them, along with other such underperforming riders as Pantano, Gesink, Reichenbach, and Sbaragli. This Giro is pretty much a three-week display of the failure of my game strategy this year. At least Formolo looks to be riding well, despite his loss of time on Etna.

And I have Carapaz and Betancur to compensate a bit.
shalgo

16 May 2018 20:24

shalgo wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:So, let's take a look at where my gc contenders for this giro currently are:

I also have all of them, along with other such underperforming riders as Pantano, Gesink, Reichenbach, and Sbaragli. This Giro is pretty much a three-week display of the failure of my game strategy this year. At least Formolo looks to be riding well, despite his loss of time on Etna.

Add me to the list of a nice failure when it comes to riders for the Giro.

Brambilla, Betancur (who would have expected), apparently Schachmann, and Formolo
User avatar Koronin

16 May 2018 21:36

I have the same as well. and also Kangert has lost time.
Lopez still has a chance (on paper) to score good points but it looks like I might need to rely on Oomen and Betancur for relatively rare GC points.

at least Chaves and Lopez are popular picks so loads of people are in the same boat.

not much better on the sprinting side of things, Guardini out early doors and van Poppel has not done a huge amount.
escartin

17 May 2018 00:19

Koronin wrote:
shalgo wrote:

Brambilla, Betancur (who would have expected), apparently Schachmann, and Formolo

A bit hard on Schachmann, it's his first GT and he's already shown this year his talent for the future.

Thanks for the update as well! Although I've fallen downhill this year and am not expecting much from the Giro.
greenedge
Veteran

17 May 2018 00:32

greenedge wrote:
Koronin wrote:
shalgo wrote:

A bit hard on Schachmann, it's his first GT and he's already shown this year his talent for the future.

Thanks for the update as well! Although I've fallen downhill this year and am not expecting much from the Giro.

Actually no not hard on him, hence the reason I put apparently because he's one of my top preferming GC riders. Who knew that was going to be the case. I'm more surprised he's doing that well. I didn't know he was riding for GC.
User avatar Koronin

19 May 2018 23:55

Hey all! Nice to see the game is progressing and thanks to Maaaaaaarten for doing the updates this month (I sent the instructions right at the end of April without checking the thread to see that EITB had sent them already; thanks for that too). Just want to say that I still need someone to do updates for June, as well as July. So please PM me if you are interested!

Haven't had much of a chance to check in on my team in terms of the standings, but it's good to see signs that McNulty is the real deal; can't wait to see what he can do the rest of the season. Sivakov is being worked into Sky's rotation as well, and I'm willing to bet that by the late season he's getting a few chances of his own. Too bad to see my only unique pick Vendrame not stay away on that Giro break even though he was the strongest. And I lost Guardini and Kangert already, Chaves tumbled down the classification (which affects pretty much everyone equally), and DvP has had a couple of results but not as much as I might hope against this weak sprint field. Oomen is about where I would think he would be, although I'd love him to climb a few more spots - let's see how he handles his first experience with a third week. All in all, I'm happy with this non-Valverde period for the team so far.
skidmark

20 May 2018 01:46

Whoa I just looked at my team and realized that only one of my 22 highest-cost riders is in profit, and that's Coquard. I guess Valverde and a few more expensive guys that have over 2/3 of their return (Lopez, Mas, Latour, DvP, Roelandts) is enough for top 40 for now. Which is to say - holy Valverde is good, I forgot that, being away from the game for a minute or two there.
skidmark

20 May 2018 03:35

skidmark wrote:Whoa I just looked at my team and realized that only one of my 22 highest-cost riders is in profit, and that's Coquard. I guess Valverde and a few more expensive guys that have over 2/3 of their return (Lopez, Mas, Latour, DvP, Roelandts) is enough for top 40 for now. Which is to say - holy Valverde is good, I forgot that, being away from the game for a minute or two there.

Remember I don't think anyone expected Valverde to be in the profit numbers of points until we get into the Tour. As he had a career spring last year and raced the Duaphine and National Championships.
User avatar Koronin

20 May 2018 07:56

Dani Martinez looks like a very solid pick already :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling