Register

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick

10 Feb 2019 16:45

Besseges

Coquard - 17th
Warbasse - 22nd

Valencia

Valverde 2nd (plus stage points)

Think that's it for my team this week.
Last edited by Koronin on 10 Feb 2019 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Koronin

10 Feb 2019 18:21

Total washout for my team save for a surprise 15 points from Thibault Guernalec today. Later this month looks much more promising though.
User avatar armchairclimber

10 Feb 2019 18:31

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana
Trentin 35
Bouhanni 10

Etoile de Besseges
Felline 30
Lietaer 25
Planckaert 3
5th June 1999, the day cycling died
User avatar ThePirate81

10 Feb 2019 23:12

I read an interview with Beñat Intxausti today. He will make his season debut in Murcia. He feels good and has been able to train properly for many months now and hopes to regain his former level.

If he really does that he could score a bunch of points in the many small Spanish stage races.
User avatar tobydawq

10 Feb 2019 23:38

Curious about this week. Dropped Gibbons from my team in the shuffling, wasn't a specific person I switched him for but more in the early round trying to get the framework right and couldn't get him back in. Although I do have Meijtes
Besseges looks like a bit of a wash with only a few points potentially from the final ITT

But looks like a low scoring week and I have a scattering of riders getting points in Valenciana so who knows
User avatar Tigerion

Re:

11 Feb 2019 01:18

tobydawq wrote:I read an interview with Beñat Intxausti today. He will make his season debut in Murcia. He feels good and has been able to train properly for many months now and hopes to regain his former level.

If he really does that he could score a bunch of points in the many small Spanish stage races.

For his own sake, I really hope he is healthy and able to race again.
User avatar Koronin

Re: The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

11 Feb 2019 03:07

Well, Coquard got some points for his stage win and Bouhanni got a few too; Felline got 30 for the GC. But beyond the smattering of points, it's definitely good for a sprinter to win early in the season, so victories from Coquard, McLay, Halvorsen, Gaviria and Kittel are good news for my team. Felline also didn't do anything in Mallorca so it's good to see him get some placing points in Besseges, even if it's really just a matter of hanging with the pack on easy stages and doing a decent TT - a decent TT is a good indicator of basic shape, so that's encouraging enough as he'll have plenty of races suited to him this year.

More worrying is a DNF in Valencia from Nizzolo and a completely lacklustre Besseges from Navardauskas. I know Nizzolo wasn't the primary guy in Valencia for DD, but finishing minutes behind the pack isn't good. And Navardauskas - well, I picked him because I figure he has the engine such that his base level will do well enough in these French .1 races, but finishing 12 minutes down in a stage and having a poor TT isn't a good start.

All in all, it doesn't look like too much of a big week for anyone, so I'm sure the update will be somewhat muted.
skidmark

11 Feb 2019 07:34

While I agree with you skidmark that a good TT generally points to decent shape, I have to say I had hoped for a little better from Felline. That TT should have suited him perfectly and even when he was struggling during the last 1.5 years he delivered decent TT performances. So we'll have to wait and see. Looks like his next race is Laigueglia, which he won 2 years ago.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

11 Feb 2019 09:27

This week's riders in action, looks better than I thought but not many points expected:

Vuelta a Colombia
Fernando Gaviria
Imerio Cima

Tour de la Provence
David Gaudu
Rudy Barbier
Warren Barguil
Max Walscheid
Matteo Moschetti
Loic Vliegen

Vuelta a Murcia
Robert Stannard
Harry Tanfield

Tour of Oman
Clement Venturini
Nacer Bouhanni
Matteo Fabbro

Trofeo Laigueglia
Fabio Felline
Vincenzo Albanese

Clasica de Almeria
Edoardo Affini
Harry Tanfield
Marcel Kittel
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

11 Feb 2019 10:09

Colombia
Froome
Vakoc
Pelucchi
Jaramillo

Tour de la Provence
Barbier
Navardauskas
Stallaert

Vuelta Murcia
Valls
Trentin
Boom
Spilak
Intxausti

Tour of Oman
Atapuma
Bouhanni
Lietaer
Planckaert

Clasica de Almeria
Trentin
Kittel
Spilak
Valls
Boom
Van Staeyen
Intxausti

Trofeo Laigueglia
Cosnefroy
Felline
Cattaneo
Hardy
Last edited by ThePirate81 on 17 Feb 2019 01:49, edited 4 times in total.
5th June 1999, the day cycling died
User avatar ThePirate81

11 Feb 2019 13:26

Next week is pretty busy on paper, but dont know how many points it will really be...

Colombia
GAVIRIA Fernando
MUÑOZ Cristian Camilo
VAKOČ Petr
ALMEIDA João
RIVERA Kevin
OSORIO Alejandro

Tour de la Provence
GAUDU David
TOUZE Damien
BARBIER Rudy

Murcia
TRENTIN Matteo
VLASOV Aleksandr

Oman
GIBBONS Ryan
O'CONNOR Ben

Trofeo Laigueglia
FRANKINY Kilian

Clasica de Almeria
TRENTIN Matteo
MARECZKO Jakub
KITTEL Marcel
VLASOV Aleksandr
Salvarani

Re:

11 Feb 2019 16:43

Salvarani wrote:Next week is pretty busy on paper, but dont know how many points it will really be...

Clasica de Almeria
TRENTIN Matteo
MARECZKO Jakub
KITTEL Marcel
VLASOV Aleksandr

Looks like you could have 3 in the top-10 in Almeria. That's a start at least!
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

11 Feb 2019 17:53

skidmark wrote:More worrying is a DNF in Valencia from Nizzolo

I'm not saying I'm not worried, I was hoping for him to have more of a flying start. But, he did do some serious work on the front of the peloton for both of the hilly days before he abandoned (which seems to have been somewhat planned). He seems to be in pretty high spirits himself.

I'll start pushing the panic button if he's not competitive around the time of MSR.
User avatar Squire

11 Feb 2019 18:18

Squire wrote:
skidmark wrote:More worrying is a DNF in Valencia from Nizzolo

I'm not saying I'm not worried, I was hoping for him to have more of a flying start. But, he did do some serious work on the front of the peloton for both of the hilly days before he abandoned (which seems to have been somewhat planned). He seems to be in pretty high spirits himself.

I'll start pushing the panic button if he's not competitive around the time of MSR.

I'm sure he'll do a nice lead-out for Ryan Gibbons there :D
User avatar tobydawq

Re: Re:

11 Feb 2019 19:05

LaFlorecita wrote:
Salvarani wrote:Next week is pretty busy on paper, but dont know how many points it will really be...

Clasica de Almeria
TRENTIN Matteo
MARECZKO Jakub
KITTEL Marcel
VLASOV Aleksandr

Looks like you could have 3 in the top-10 in Almeria. That's a start at least!

One could dream :)
Salvarani

11 Feb 2019 20:15

Does anyone read these? I mean, I do ... usually with a sigh.

Colombia: Hodge, Vakoc, Gaviria.
Provence: Gaudu, Castrillo, Dunbar.
Murcia: Tanfield, Morin, Journiaux.
Oman: My team are boycotting Oman because it's an anagram of Moan and they are a cheery bunch.
Trofeo: Vincent, Ciccone, Guernalec.
Almeria: Scotson, Affini, Morin, Mareczko, Kittel, Tanfield, Journiaux, Timmermans.

It seriously couldn't be much worse than last week.
User avatar armchairclimber

Re:

11 Feb 2019 20:59

armchairclimber wrote:Does anyone read these? I mean, I do ... usually with a sigh.

Colombia: Hodge, Vakoc, Gaviria.
Provence: Gaudu, Castrillo, Dunbar.
Murcia: Tanfield, Morin, Journiaux.
Oman: My team are boycotting Oman because it's an anagram of Moan and they are a cheery bunch.
Trofeo: Vincent, Ciccone, Guernalec.
Almeria: Scotson, Affini, Morin, Mareczko, Kittel, Tanfield, Journiaux, Timmermans.

It seriously couldn't be much worse than last week.

;)

They are probably not the most informative of posts but useful to the posters themselves so they know where they can find an overview of their riders.

Colombia 2.1
Petr Vakoc

Tour de Provence
Sébastien Reichenbach
Matteo Moschetti
Apparently no Jan Bakelants even if I saw him on the start list earlier today
Probably no Mathieu van der Poel even if he is on PCS' start list. But he wants to win all Superprestige cross races of the season and the last one is Saturday.

Vuelta a Murcia
Matteo Trentin
Lars Boom
Simon Spilak
Beñat Intxausti

Tour of Oman
Ryan Gibbons
Darwin Atapuma
Bart De Clercq

Trofeo Laigueglia
Benoît Cosnefroy
Fabio Felline

Clásica de Almería
Matteo Trentin
Marcel Kittel
Óscar Rodríguez
Lars Boom

I think it could be a good week. Colombia is a throw-away but elsewhere, I have good options. Especially in Almería, where I would be disappointed if I don't have the winner in either Kittel or Trentin. Felline could also win Laigueglia again or at least place decently. Spilak should place in Murcia and Gibbons has a lot of opportunities on the lumpy stages in Oman where Atapuma could get a good GC result in a pretty lacklustre climbing field.
User avatar tobydawq

11 Feb 2019 23:42

Columbia

Cristian Camilo Munoz

Provence:

Jaime Castrillo
Ben Swift
Nicolas Roche

Murcia:

Alejandro Valverde
Jurgen Roelandts
Rafael Valls
Simon Geschke
Aaron Van Poucke
Xavier Canellas
ROMAIN Sicard

Oman:

Andrea Garosio
Bryan Coquard

Trofeo Laigueglia:

Larry Warbasse

Clasica de Almeria:

Marco Mathis
Simon Geschke
Rafael Valls
Jurgen Roelandts
AAron VanPoucke
Romain Secard
Xavier Canellas

I except a podium if not the overall win in Murcia and Coquard should get some decent points at Oman. Hopefully for some decent points from someone else in at least one of these races. (At least my team actually has someone in each of the races.)
User avatar Koronin

12 Feb 2019 01:59

I took a beating last week, going from 55th to 100th. Yikes.

La Provence, I'm the only one with Tibopino, I shall raise from my self-inflicted ashes...muhahahahaaaa...

PS: as a first timer, not knowing the rules, I set myself up for a butt-kicking. Thibaut Pinot will make or break my season and that's the way (ah-ah-ha) I like it. And Il Squalo. He's the Phil Collins of cycling: always underrated, and way good (Netserk will like that ;) ). And always on the radio. Vai Vincenzo!
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

12 Feb 2019 09:29

So my season has been absolutely dreadful thus far and I already regret not going the safe way picking all those high floor riders like Trentin, Porte, Gaviria and Bouhanni (!). Looking at the bright side: my top 4 riders have a total of 2 racing days, so things should improve over the next couple of months, but I'm not very confident.

Colombia
BERNAL GOMEZ Egan Arley
TORRES AGUDELO Rodolfo Andres
VAKOC Petr
RIVERA SERRANO Kevin

Expecting no less than an overall win from Bernal and possibly a top10 from Torres or Rivera (although the TTT could kill em both). I'll be severely disappointed if my season doesn't take off with this race.

Provence
VAN DER POEL Mathieu
VAN ASBROECK Tom
TOUZE Damien
SWIFT Ben
KÄMNA Lennard

Doesn't look like a very friendly race for any of my riders (IF they actually ride it, I have doubts PCS is right on this).

Oman
MCNULTY Brandon
O'CONNOR Ben
ATAPUMA HURTADO Jhon Darwin
PLANCKAERT Baptiste

Last year McNulty showed some flashes of greatness in the Middle-East, hoping for more in 2019. O'Connor was ok in TDU and looks like a guy with a slow build up to the season, I'd fancy a top10. Atapuma makes his season debut after almost 7 months without racing, can't ask much.

Almeria
KITTEL Marcel
BOOM Lars

As for Colombia 2.1, anything less than a win would be a letdown here.

Laigueglia
FELLINE Fabio

He won this race in 2017 and the field isn't particularly good. A top result is achievable on paper, but I'm not sure the race will be easy to control.

Murcia
BOOM Lars

No expectations.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling