Log in:  

Register

CQ ranking

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

09 Dec 2010 08:00

Barrus wrote:Don't worry I guess most are not completely logically.

Yes, I got Mollema in there, now I know he will win the Tour and the Vuelta (not the giro, as he won't start there) but still the rest of my team is not completely logical :p


how can we compete if you chose THE GREAT BAUKE MOLLEMA :(

EDIT: Found the legendary 0 points guy :p quite hilarious actually :p
Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,799
Joined: 25 Feb 2010 08:54
Location: Kortrijk, Belgium

09 Dec 2010 08:38

I just got finished with my team. It took me a really long time. There's several sheets of paper with crossed out names, numbers and scribbles.

I was left with 5 points to spare
User avatar Eric8-A
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,665
Joined: 11 Nov 2010 07:31
Location: Los Angeles

09 Dec 2010 09:03

I still can't find the person you are all talking about.

But @ Hitch, oh I found one allright, I just hope my plan works out
User avatar Barrus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,498
Joined: 28 Apr 2010 19:38

09 Dec 2010 09:04

auscyclefan94 wrote:Like the idea about the doped riders! Surely TGBM will be in your team, timmy?


I got 25 guys for 6,000. I really like my team too.
Fair to say, if the dutch have a good year, I have a good year :o

ps. so is pellizotti fair game for 60?

@acf-- I don't think i will. his GT this year will be as a domestique. He might do better in stage racing on a whole over this year, but I doubt it will be a lot.
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,448
Joined: 22 Jun 2009 13:44
Location: Melbourne

09 Dec 2010 10:06

How much does a rider like Ricco cost finally?

2007/2008/2010 which year to decide his value?

i am confused
joy118118
Member
 
Posts: 845
Joined: 15 May 2009 12:33

09 Dec 2010 10:41

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I wasn't online yesterday to answer questions. A friend of mine was involved in a minor accident so I went to visit him at the hospital which is located quite a bit from my home.

I must say that I'm glad and overwhelmed that so many seems to think that this is a great idea. 9 pages in this thread and 17 entered teams in 24 hours!

To clear some things up:

On size of the team:
You have all submitted teams consisting of 25-33 riders, which we will keep the limits at. If anyone wants to change their teams because you have made it based upon the assumption that it should consist of exactly 25 riders, you are very welcome to do so.

On suspended riders:
This has been an issue, and because I hadn't thought of it before I made up the game a ruling has to be made. So far it hasn't been a major problem. Quite a few of you have included Pellizotti (60 CQ points), but Rasmussen, Di Luca and Rebellin have only been included once overall.
I'm still in doubt as to what the most fair solution is, but I've decided that suspended riders will have a price of what's similar to their last active season. This means that these are the prices:

Franco Pellizotti: 60 CQ Dollars
Michael Rasmussen: 38
Davide Rebellin: 775
Danilo di Luca: 113

Since I'm only human and there might be some riders whom I don't know much about, there might be riders whom I didn't know was suspended. If anyone has included riders which are coming back from suspension and have "bought" them for a wrong price, please be fair and send me a PM stating the changes.

The people who have included Rebellin, di Luca or Rasmussen I will send a PM to and ask them to change their team.

On riders getting suspended:
During the 2011, some riders might get caught using doping. Anyone getting suspended during the 2011 season will get a total of 0 points at the end of the season regardless of how many points the rider had accumulated prior to his suspension.

On riders costing 0 CQ Dollars:
That's perfectly fine. As you have a limited spots in your team it doesn't matter what the individual rider costs.

On registering a team:
A lot of you have been very good at writing the rider's full names along with their value - and a few of you haven't been just as good :)
To make it as easy for me as possible, I kindly ask anyone new who wants to participate to write the rider's full name, his price and the aggregated price of the team so that I don't have to do the math myself or find out what the firstname of the riders are.

All of you who already have submitted teams, you are registered so don't worry (except one whom I have send a PM asking him to resend his team).

Now I think that was it.

Now some facts:

There are 17 registered teams so far. 232 different riders have been chosen. The most expensive rider bought costs 1619 CQ Dollars (now figure out who that is and who has bought him :D), while the cheapest rider bought costs 0 CQ Dollars. The rider bought the most times has been bought by 12 different teams - can anyone guess who that is?
El Pistolero wrote:I don't understand Gilbert's tactics. Does he really think he can beat Kwiatkowski in a sprint?
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,796
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

09 Dec 2010 10:43

joy118118 wrote:How much does a rider like Ricco cost finally?

2007/2008/2010 which year to decide his value?

i am confused


Ricco costs 756 CQ Dollars.
El Pistolero wrote:I don't understand Gilbert's tactics. Does he really think he can beat Kwiatkowski in a sprint?
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,796
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

09 Dec 2010 10:50

Hugo Koblet wrote:There are 17 registered teams so far. 232 different riders have been chosen. The most expensive rider bought costs 1619 CQ Dollars (now figure out who that is and who has bought him :D), while the cheapest rider bought costs 0 CQ Dollars. The rider bought the most times has been bought by 12 different teams - can anyone guess who that is?


Lovely work acf!

I think most people's highest will be the Missile, a safe bet for 1500+ points next season.



------------------------------

At the moment my team is just under budget, 30 riders, with the top10 accounting for almost $6,000. That means I have 16 riders under 100.

Only 3 convicted dopers but 4-5 more shady characters.

Waiting to see what happens with Geox and whether some of these guys are confirmed starters in a good team for 2011 before I submit.
Ferminal
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,953
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

09 Dec 2010 11:01

Ferminal wrote:Lovely work acf!
I think most people's highest will be the Missile, a safe bet for 1500+ points next season.



------------------------------

At the moment my team is just under budget, 30 riders, with the top10 accounting for almost $6,000. That means I have 16 riders under 100.

Only 3 convicted dopers but 4-5 more shady characters.

Waiting to see what happens with Geox and whether some of these guys are confirmed starters in a good team for 2011 before I submit.


Why thank you! I had to put the guy in that I met the day before (still pinching myself) !
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,325
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

09 Dec 2010 11:03

Date of the deadline?
joy118118
Member
 
Posts: 845
Joined: 15 May 2009 12:33

09 Dec 2010 11:04

Timmy-loves-Rabo wrote:I got 25 guys for 6,000. I really like my team too.
Fair to say, if the dutch have a good year, I have a good year :o

ps. so is pellizotti fair game for 60?

@acf-- I don't think i will. his GT this year will be as a domestique. He might do better in stage racing on a whole over this year, but I doubt it will be a lot.


Why bother entering this comp if you don't have TGBM?:D
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,325
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

09 Dec 2010 11:09

Hugo Koblet wrote:There are 17 registered teams so far. 232 different riders have been chosen.


Wow, that's quite a spread. I would have thought the teams would be more similar than that. Either I'm missing something or people are making some rather odd choices. Guess everyone thinks their favourite riders will have am awesome year next year.
ingsve: Winner of the 2011 CQ Ranking Manager Game.

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” - Max Planck
User avatar ingsve
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,085
Joined: 12 Mar 2009 22:52
Location: Borås, Sweden

09 Dec 2010 11:12

Libertine Seguros will be pleased to know that I put David Blanco in my team. :eek:I putting my trust in you Libertine!:cool:

btw, could my team just compose of 4 cadel's? It wouldn't be worth filling the team up with any other rider.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,325
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

09 Dec 2010 11:36

ingsve wrote:Wow, that's quite a spread. I would have thought the teams would be more similar than that. Either I'm missing something or people are making some rather odd choices. Guess everyone thinks their favourite riders will have am awesome year next year.


To be quite honest, that did factor in in my team, when I like a rider I am more inclined to include him compared to when I dislike him
User avatar Barrus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,498
Joined: 28 Apr 2010 19:38

09 Dec 2010 11:40

Meh, I can't wait untill january to publish my team!

Guess there will be a lot of discussion going on once everyone's teams are shown :)
El Pistolero wrote:I don't understand Gilbert's tactics. Does he really think he can beat Kwiatkowski in a sprint?
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,796
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

09 Dec 2010 11:42

Hugo Koblet wrote:Meh, I can't wait untill january to publish my team!

Guess there will be a lot of discussion going on once everyone's teams are shown :)


You're stealing all our ideas, aren't you? :p
User avatar Barrus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,498
Joined: 28 Apr 2010 19:38

09 Dec 2010 11:45

Barrus wrote:You're stealing all our ideas, aren't you? :p


I actually stated on one of the first pages that I could send my team to someone just so you guys would know that I haven't been cheating :p

But it's funny to see how people's teams are so different from each others. I don't think there's one team that I have 5 riders in common with!

Edit: Well actually there's one team I have like 9 riders in common with, but that's the only one that I have more than 5 in common with. I think.
El Pistolero wrote:I don't understand Gilbert's tactics. Does he really think he can beat Kwiatkowski in a sprint?
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,796
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

09 Dec 2010 12:07

joy118118 wrote:Date of the deadline?


The deadline is december 31st at 23.59 CET :)
El Pistolero wrote:I don't understand Gilbert's tactics. Does he really think he can beat Kwiatkowski in a sprint?
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,796
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

09 Dec 2010 12:27

Don't bother sending in your teams anymore, the future winner is already known since I just sent in the winning team :)

It was very hard not to include Gesink, Mollema or Boom but I think my non-chauvinist approach will bear fruit...
User avatar Contre la montre
Junior Member
 
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Oct 2010 06:53
Location: Rotterdam

09 Dec 2010 12:57

This may sound stupid but the CQ rankings I have only go down to riders with a value of 1, where can you find those riders which have been valued at 0??
Jan the Man
Member
 
Posts: 438
Joined: 12 Mar 2010 15:02

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Back to top