Register

All kind of avatar bets

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

12 Aug 2015 20:29

well you know the saying "put up etc etc
ray j willings

Re: Re:

12 Aug 2015 20:33

ray j willings wrote:Agreed ,,,loser buys the winner a jersey of choice. " I wont go bonkers if I win and ask for a rapha "

If Froome has a crash and pulls out then obviously I won't ask you to pay up, He has to finish.

agreed?

You're trying to get an easy reward.
If we're betting in jersey, lets talk jerseys.
There are several on offer, which of them he'll get or not?
How does this sound?
User avatar sir fly

12 Aug 2015 20:37

sir fly wrote:
ray j willings wrote:Agreed ,,,loser buys the winner a jersey of choice. " I wont go bonkers if I win and ask for a rapha "

If Froome has a crash and pulls out then obviously I won't ask you to pay up, He has to finish.

agreed?

How does this sound?

https://instagram.com/wtfkits/
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

12 Aug 2015 20:46

sir fly wrote:

agreed?

How does this sound?

Ok,,how about this ..What ever jersey Froome wins I will buy you a replica of that jersey.
if he does not win a jersey you buy me a jersey of my choice
deal?
ray j willings

12 Aug 2015 21:01

ray j willings wrote:
sir fly wrote:

agreed?

How does this sound?

Ok,,how about this ..What ever jersey Froome wins I will buy you a replica of that jersey.
deal?

Sounds good.
I have doubts about this kind of betting (where material goods are involved in a forum bet), but O.K..
He'll need to finish the race, that's obvious condition, and the budget of the bet is the budget of replica jersey.
Deal?
User avatar sir fly

12 Aug 2015 21:06

Alright. But CN.com and CNF won't be held accountable if any of you decide to dupe the other.

Cheers. :p
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

12 Aug 2015 21:08

sir fly wrote:
ray j willings wrote:
sir fly wrote:

agreed?

How does this sound?

deal?

Sounds good.
I have doubts about this kind of betting (where material goods are involved in a forum bet), but O.K..
He'll need to finish the race, that's obvious condition, and the budget of the bet is the budget of replica jersey.
Deal?

That's a deal.
ray j willings

15 Aug 2015 21:45

This is fun but unfair. Sir fly, why not just put 60 euros on Froome GC on a betting site? :p
NairoQ

02 Sep 2015 18:22

sir fly wrote:

agreed?

How does this sound?

Was today counted as 'if Froome has a crash and pulls out'
User avatar Ruby United

03 Sep 2015 10:31

Ruby United wrote:
sir fly wrote:

agreed?

How does this sound?

I dont think it should count as that,just my 0.02 ;)
Alberto Contador fanboy
User avatar ILovecycling
Veteran

06 Sep 2015 09:57

ILovecycling wrote:
Ruby United wrote:
sir fly wrote:

agreed?

How does this sound?

I dont think it should count as that,just my 0.02 ;)

sir fly did write "He'll need to finish the race, that's obvious condition..." and ray j willings "He has to finish" :)
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran

22 Jun 2016 17:45

Old&slow wrote:
Jspear wrote:
Old&slow wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Lol.. I see Old&slow's posts have already been deleted but I just wanted to say that I thought it was hilarious he basically 100% copy-pasted his own post from 2015 :D viewtopic.php?p=1783418#p1783418

They can delete and hide the truth and only allow delusional Contador fanboy posts. But the bottom line is Contador is a third tier rider. He has never been a Tour de France contending rider and never will be. As I said in my other posts his two TDF wins were against Leiphiemer Schleck and others who could never dream of a top 10 in a tour like this years or last years.

The fanboys and the media may want you to think Contador has a chance but he has no chance unless 10 riders better than him drop out. He is what he is and that is the equivalent of Bauke Mollema and that is where he will end up again this year fighting with Mollema, Barguil, Mientes and others for a top 5-10 placement. Maybe next year he can just focus on the Giro and/or Vuelta where he can ride against riders who are not as strong or in peak form and fool people into thinking he is a great rider. All he is and has ever been is hype. Wake up in 4 weeks and we will see the same thing we always see, Contador finishing close to 10 minutes down and this forum flooded with posts about how he should have won and of course will win again next year when this fantastic series of events magically transforms him into their version of Cinderella.

I am posting this here simply to give you the chance to tell me I told you so after the race. I could do the same thing I do every year and simply post this after Contador's glass falls off and he ends ups being who he is and that's a better than average rider but not a top tier rider that can contend for the TDF. My advice is start preparing the excuses now as you will need them in a few weeks.

Want to do an avatar bet? I say AC finishes top 3 within 10 minutes of the winner. It seems you're saying at best he'll be 5th outside 10 minutes of the winner. Sound good? Please take me up on this avatar bet!

Also you say he's a third tier rider. Let's assume Froome and Quintana are the top tier. Can you name me all the 2nd tier riders who are better than him?

I would be happy to make you an avatar bet that Contador does not finish in the top 3. He stands little to no chance.

In regards to 2nd tier riders there are Porte, Landa, Bardet, Valverde and if in form Nibali. Pinot, Van Garden, Aru, and Gesink would be stronger if in better form. Usually, there are a number of domestiques much stronger than Contador like in 2013 when Kreuziger and Porte were quite evidently stronger and Geraint Thomas in 2015. Then there are all the third tier riders about the same strength as Contador such as Martin, Barguil, Meintes, Fugslang, Van Den Broeck, Mollema, Mientes, Majka, Dupont who like Contador can contend for a top 10 spot if they raced and prepared.

Alright so the bet needs one more dimension. You said AC will be 5-10. Can that be added? I'm saying a top 3, you're saying no more than top 5. Sound right?

The loser has a avatar of the winners choosing till the Vuelta.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

24 Jun 2016 02:32

Wow,the bet itself is definitely reasonable,since Contador is likely to bust his a** off trying to win and not caring for a podium.

The arguments for old&slow, though, is hilarious to say the least,bordering trolling.

Dupont,VDB and Fuglsang same level as Contador? (Just pointing out the most obvious errors) LOLROFLMAO
User avatar Kazistuta

29 Oct 2016 09:14

Someone needs to make an avatar bet with Libertine with this as the prize :D

Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Previous

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling