Register

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick

03 Jun 2014 15:45

Anyone has an idea how to fix this? When I'm trying to convert the 2014 DB on my PCM12, there's an error which says this:

Flamin wrote:"the column IDcountry has to be unique. the value 99 is already present."
User avatar Flamin

03 Jun 2014 21:31

Flamin wrote:Anyone has an idea how to fix this? When I'm trying to convert the 2014 DB on my PCM12, there's an error which says this:

Shot in the dark: You're might be using the Nation ID 99 on two different rows (two different countries). Each number can only be associated with one country and cannot be repeated on different rows. Try checking that, it's what first comes to mind.

If not, then I'm clueless.
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

04 Jun 2014 17:46

BigMac wrote:Shot in the dark: You're might be using the Nation ID 99 on two different rows (two different countries). Each number can only be associated with one country and cannot be repeated on different rows. Try checking that, it's what first comes to mind.

If not, then I'm clueless.

I kind of fixed it (still can't edit stats though but that's not such a big deal), but now every rider has the same jersey :s i guess i should just wait til PCM 14 comes out.

Thanks anyway :)
User avatar Flamin

10 Jun 2014 21:53

Guys i won all 3 GT's with Contador in 1 year. Won the Giro with 1min 30 gap to Nibali, won the TDF with a 5 second gap to Froome(basically beacuse of a Ventoux Mountain ITT took 2 minutes on that stage lol). Contador was really weak in the Vuelta but Purito had done the TDF so he faded aswell.

This was Contador's season:

Paris Nice 1st(1 stage win)
Vuelta Castilla Leon 3rd - overlapped with Amstel Gold Race and i wanted some good rythm for Fleche Wallone.

F-W 2nd
LBL 4th
Giro 1st(5 stage wins)
Tour de France 1st(4 stage wins)
La Vuelta 1st(1 stage win)
Il Lombardia(9th)

Contador had more than 1,000 WT points.

I no it is quite unrealistic but i want to beat the records in the archives so i want to get 12 GT's. This year i will try TDF/Vuelta combo as the TDF was really tough vs Froome and Quintana, and that way i can peak for the Worlds to try and be WC with Contador.

My signings for 2015

Sagan lol
D.Navarro(Contador's friend)
Wiggins(He is real low in mounatains but i need him for 67 kms of TTT at the TDF)

I let go of Roche, Rogers, Breschel, Bennatti so i feel it is fair. I also will keep it more realistic so i will not go for Fleche or LBL with Sagan and just ride the cobble's and AGR, and ride for Green in the Tour.

Sorry for the long post, i will update people if they want to about how i get on during the year, do anyone hear use PCM Dailly?. What a great site that is.
Froome is the man get prepared for this in the next few years he is the best GT rider for long time.
User avatar TANK91

10 Jun 2014 22:37

yeah i am on daily as well as ruben_

im now in an career with belkin on extreme. Hard as **** that level. Normally I play on hard because normal is way too easy and extreme is just unfair. But i was winning too much on hard so I went to extreme anyway. I need every trick in the book to keep my chances real. But I had some nice performances so far, 2nd and 4th in the Giro with Mollema/Kelderman.. 5th in Ten Dam in Suisse (after quintana, uran, valverde and nibali!) and 4th in dauphine with Gesink (after Contador, Froome and Horner).
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

10 Jun 2014 22:55

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:yeah i am on daily as well as ruben_

im now in an career with belkin on extreme. Hard as **** that level. Normally I play on hard because normal is way too easy and extreme is just unfair. But i was winning too much on hard so I went to extreme anyway. I need every trick in the book to keep my chances real. But I had some nice performances so far, 2nd and 4th in the Giro with Mollema/Kelderman.. 5th in Ten Dam in Suisse (after quintana, uran, valverde and nibali!) and 4th in dauphine with Gesink (after Contador, Froome and Horner).

I am atlanta(the guy who starts story's and never finshes lol) on pcm daily. I upped Klederman and gave him more potential as it is silly he only gets 78 max in mountains i have gave him a limit of 80/78(mnt/hill) and a 80 ITT limit, what would you say to that?. His stats at the start are 77/76 with 76 ITT.

That is some real good results their they are a very good team to play with not the best but they are a team where you have to earn his results. I did a Belkin carear and Gesink reached 78/79 so he was a podium contender all save long in the 2nd season, man i miss Gesink being good in mountains on PCM don't you? How was you're results with Vanmarcke?.

Kreuziger's season in 2014
6th TDU(1 stage)
3rd Tirreno
4th Pais Vasco(2 stages)
2nd AGR
5th F-W(worked for Alberto)
9th LBL(worked for Alberto)

then he rested untill Suisse

1st Tour De Suisse(3 stage's, easy competition only Valverde)
7th TDF(worked and attacked loads to get others to chase)

Tour of Poland 2nd(1 stage)
Usa Pro challenge 1st(2 stages)
G.P Quebec 3rd
G.P Montreal 2nd
Il Lombardia 4th

Also just so you no Mollema had a good year 3rd in the Giro behind Contador and Nibali and he won Volta Cataluna. Costa was WC again.

It was such a good year i play on hard i find extreme too tough though, Froome and Quintana have improved so it will be even more challenging this year. I have one of the early 2000 routes by Biggassi but i thinking of changing it as it only has 1 hilly stage and has like a 67km TTT, and 52km ITT with like 3 MTF, i think it will be a waste of time sending Contador their, no? I no TTT are hard but isn't it easier when their long to gain big time?. I nevr play them usually but i might if it is easier.
Froome is the man get prepared for this in the next few years he is the best GT rider for long time.
User avatar TANK91

11 Jun 2014 11:47

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:yeah i am on daily as well as ruben_

You need a unbelivable team on extreme to make a differnce.

My Astana team for 2017 has Aru with mountain 84 and I got guys like Pinot, Arredondo, Landa, Polanc (he allways gets 80 + in mountains for some reason) and more to drill every multi mountain stage. You get down to like 25 guys and you sprint for victory :o
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone
Veteran

17 Jun 2014 15:02

TANK91 wrote:Guys i won all 3 GT's with Contador in 1 year. Won the Giro with 1min 30 gap to Nibali, won the TDF with a 5 second gap to Froome(basically beacuse of a Ventoux Mountain ITT took 2 minutes on that stage lol). Contador was really weak in the Vuelta but Purito had done the TDF so he faded aswell.

This was Contador's season:

Paris Nice 1st(1 stage win)
Vuelta Castilla Leon 3rd - overlapped with Amstel Gold Race and i wanted some good rythm for Fleche Wallone.

F-W 2nd
LBL 4th
Giro 1st(5 stage wins)
Tour de France 1st(4 stage wins)
La Vuelta 1st(1 stage win)
Il Lombardia(9th)

Contador had more than 1,000 WT points.

I no it is quite unrealistic but i want to beat the records in the archives so i want to get 12 GT's. This year i will try TDF/Vuelta combo as the TDF was really tough vs Froome and Quintana, and that way i can peak for the Worlds to try and be WC with Contador.

My signings for 2015

Sagan lol
D.Navarro(Contador's friend)
Wiggins(He is real low in mounatains but i need him for 67 kms of TTT at the TDF)

I let go of Roche, Rogers, Breschel, Bennatti so i feel it is fair. I also will keep it more realistic so i will not go for Fleche or LBL with Sagan and just ride the cobble's and AGR, and ride for Green in the Tour.

Sorry for the long post, i will update people if they want to about how i get on during the year, do anyone hear use PCM Dailly?. What a great site that is.

Great results mate :)

I played the 2008 version a lot and is thinking about puchasing the new one since a have 7 weeks af vacation this summer (haven't had more than 2-3 weeks for 15 years..)

As I remember it was a real time-killer to play so my question is
do you (and others) use the simulation feature to fasten up gameplay, or do you control each stage yourselves?

And what are your experiences with the simulation, does it have advantages or disadvantages regarding results? (given that you do the line-up before simulating the stage(s)... )
As i remember in the 2008 version it was a bad idea to let the comp pick your team?

It's not that i dont want to do the full gameplay, it is simply a matter of finding time to complete a season in a month or so, chosing which stages I myself want to have hands-on...

Cheers
User avatar mrhender

19 Jun 2014 14:11

Anyone had their hands yet on PCM 2014? I'm expecting it to be delivered today.
User avatar Flamin

19 Jun 2014 15:22

won't bother buying the game until mid/late July. Patches takes ages in this game

Vino attacks everyone
Veteran

19 Jun 2014 15:30

Vino attacks everyone wrote:won't bother buying the game until mid/late July. Patches takes ages in this game

Really? :o damn, I didn't know it takes so long. I only played PCM 2012 but bought it at the beginning of 2013, so everything was available for 2013 already.
User avatar Flamin

19 Jun 2014 15:32

Flamin wrote:Really? :o damn, I didn't know it takes so long. I only played PCM 2012 but bought it at the beginning of 2013, so everything was available for 2013 already.

yea, it is allways a bummer, when **** doesnt work, and PCM never works haha

Vino attacks everyone
Veteran

19 Jun 2014 15:51

Vino attacks everyone wrote:yea, it is allways a bummer, when **** doesnt work, and PCM never works haha

havent been past the main menu, keeps crashing when i want to play..

and here i thought they couldnt begin to make it worse then the previous version, i was wrong :(
Task_Force

19 Jun 2014 16:47

I skipped 2013 so in theory I should get 2014, but I'm so going to wait for the assessment of the die-hard fans.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

19 Jun 2014 18:00

mrhender wrote:And what are your experiences with the simulation, does it have advantages or disadvantages regarding results? (given that you do the line-up before simulating the stage(s)... )
As i remember in the 2008 version it was a bad idea to let the comp pick your team?

Cheers

I hear you. Generally I'll have a small squad and do the bare minimum races, except a few 1.1 and HC classics that I like.

Simulation is generally ok, I'm pretty sure it doesn't take fitness into account as much as playing the stages though. For example if you have a decent sprinter who is out of shape you stand a better chance using simulation.
Typically I focus on climbing teams, so tend to sim a lot of flatish days in the relatively minor stage races, and TTs.
Sometimes you'll get silly gaps on slightly hilly stages where you're GC man would no way lose 2 minutes, but it's quite rare.
Also, you get injuries sometimes which never happens in 3D races.
It's a decent option if, like me, you want to progress a bit faster through seasons.
alspacka

19 Jun 2014 20:45

hrotha wrote:I skipped 2013 so in theory I should get 2014, but I'm so going to wait for the assessment of the die-hard fans.

I like to think of myself as a diehard fan, but D_T will probably give us a nice summary sometime soon :p

Vino attacks everyone
Veteran

20 Jun 2014 10:18

Got the game yesterday and yes, the patch did cost some time. And I wasn't able to "really" play. Just started my career with OPQS. Kwiatkowski with 80 on climbs and 83 on hills is just incredible. :D
[SIZE="2"]"Life should be a little nuts, otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together!"[/SIZE]
User avatar Akuryo

20 Jun 2014 12:04

No point starting career mate ( if you tried it out for few races okay, but not long term ) The patches coming up will not be compatible with the started careers.

Anyhow, the stats are awful. You should download a DB from something like PCM DAily.
Gloin22

20 Jun 2014 15:37

I don't understand how people that makes a cycling game know so little about cyclists, and their abilities. :o

Vino attacks everyone
Veteran

21 Jun 2014 06:19

Vino attacks everyone wrote:I don't understand how people that makes a cycling game know so little about cyclists, and their abilities. :o

Well, since I am a big fan of the polish champion, I am very happy that they think he can climb as well as Aru :D
[SIZE="2"]"Life should be a little nuts, otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together!"[/SIZE]
User avatar Akuryo

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling