Register

Emerging Riders CQ Game

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

07 Jan 2016 22:41

Brullnux wrote:Simon is literally 4 names down from Adam.

LOL my bad.
User avatar rote_laterne

Re: Emerging Riders CQ Game

13 Jan 2016 15:33

Okay, time to remind myself of my team entering this final year. I've gotta get some luck to turn my way to catch Ludwigzgz...

ALAPHILIPPE Julian
EWAN Caleb
FORMOLO Davide
HANSEN Lasse Norman
HENAO MARIN Sebastian
HEPBURN Michael
HERKLOTZ Silvio
HOWSON Damien
KUDUS GHEBREMEDHIN Merhawi
LAMPAERT Yves
MOHORIC Matej
OLIVIER Daan
SENECHAL Florian
SEPULVEDA Eduardo
STUYVEN Jasper
YATES Adam
YATES Simon
ZABEL Rick

Well, only one of them has retired so far, so I guess that is a good thing. I also remember when I was picking I wasn't sure between two Danes, Valgren and Hansen; the tie breaker was 'I don't really know about either of these guys, I'll just pick the one going to the smaller team that will probably get more chances'. Oops. I guess he'll have even more chances this year.

Other than that, it's interesting to look at how many riders haven't panned out. Just goes to show how hard it is to predict these things. Here's how I think of the team:

Huge success already:

Caleb Ewan (though not until 2nd year)
Julian Alaphilippe
David Formolo
Yves Lampaert (my most rare pick)
Eduardo Sepulveda
Adam Yates
Simon Yates

So that's 7 out of 18 - not incredible, really.

Keeping their heads above water (ie. getting points but not really many, although some signs of improvement):

Sebastien Henao
Merhawi Kudus
Florian Senechal
Jasper Stuyven (he would be in the third category if not for the Vuelta win showing so much promise)

That's four more. And then another 7 in this category:

Disappointments, unless year 3 is magical

Lasse Norman Hansen
Michael Hepburn
Silvio Herklotz
Damien Howson
Matej Mohoric
Daan Oliver (will definitely remain in this category)
Rick Zabel

If you were to ask me who I thought would be most likely successes at the start of this, I would have taken Formolo, Alaphilippe and Lampaert and put them at the middle to bottom of the probability chart, and put Herklotz, Howson and Zabel up higher. All this said, if my team is in 2nd place, it just goes to show that prediction is a hard game! I was so excited when I sleuthed out that Hepburn qualified for the game, and I thought I was being clever by including him, but he's made no difference at all. On the other hand, finding someone like Lampaert, who I logically figured would get two years of lots of points at TSV and then get a pro contract when he could do bigger races in the third year, well that worked but in accelerated fashion. I definitely did not expect his Roubaix performance this year. There's no formula that 'works' for predicting, you've just gotta try to make your best guess and you'll probably be surprised in either direction by most of your choices.

edit to add copy of Ludwigzgz's team so I can remind myself of who we each have and keep track:

ALAPHILIPPE Julian
BARBERO CUESTA Carlos
BOSWELL Ian
EWAN Caleb
FORMOLO Davide

GOUGEARD Alexis
HAUGAARD JENSEN Kristian
HEPBURN Michael
HOWSON Damien
MOHORIC Matej
SENECHAL Florian
STUYVEN Jasper

VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael
VUILLERMOZ Alexis
YATES Adam
YATES Simon
ZABEL Rick
Last edited by skidmark on 21 Jan 2016 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
skidmark

13 Jan 2016 19:06

skidmark wrote:Okay, time to remind myself of my team entering this final year. I've gotta get some luck to turn my way to catch Ludwigzgz...

ALAPHILIPPE Julian
EWAN Caleb
FORMOLO Davide
HANSEN Lasse Norman
HENAO MARIN Sebastian
HEPBURN Michael
HERKLOTZ Silvio
HOWSON Damien
LAMPAERT Yves
MOHORIC Matej
OLIVIER Daan
SENECHAL Florian
SEPULVEDA Eduardo
STUYVEN Jasper
YATES Adam
YATES Simon
ZABEL Rick

Lasse Norman Hansen
Michael Hepburn
Silvio Herklotz
Damien Howson
Matej Mohoric
Rick Zabel

I do not know if you can call Herklotz a disappointment. Although last season was mediocre, he is still only 21 years old and has time to develop.
User avatar GP Blanco

14 Jan 2016 16:31

GP Blanco wrote:
skidmark wrote:Okay, time to remind myself of my team entering this final year. I've gotta get some luck to turn my way to catch Ludwigzgz...

ALAPHILIPPE Julian
EWAN Caleb
FORMOLO Davide
HANSEN Lasse Norman
HENAO MARIN Sebastian
HEPBURN Michael
HERKLOTZ Silvio
HOWSON Damien
LAMPAERT Yves
MOHORIC Matej
OLIVIER Daan
SENECHAL Florian
SEPULVEDA Eduardo
STUYVEN Jasper
YATES Adam
YATES Simon
ZABEL Rick

Lasse Norman Hansen
Michael Hepburn
Silvio Herklotz
Damien Howson
Matej Mohoric
Rick Zabel

I do not know if you can call Herklotz a disappointment. Although last season was mediocre, he is still only 21 years old and has time to develop.

Oh I don't mean as a talent (for any of these guys, save Daan Oliver), I just mean as a CQ points return. I thought Herklotz was such a talent that he was bound for the pros in year 2, and not only did he not go pro, he kind of stagnated a bit in U23. Long-term, I think he's great (he's on my CQ team this year), I just mean I expected more points from him when I picked him 2 years ago.
skidmark

16 Jan 2016 22:56

[quote="skidmark
Keeping their heads above water (ie. getting points but not really many, although some signs of improvement):

Sebastien Henao
Merhawi Kudus
Florian Senechal
Jasper Stuyven (he would be in the third category if not for the Vuelta win showing so much promise)

That's four more. And then another 7 in this category:

Lasse Norman Hansen
Michael Hepburn
Silvio Herklotz
Damien Howson
Matej Mohoric
Rick Zabel

I expect Senechal and Stuyven to show something this year, but over the 3 years they probably were not the best picks. Kudus could also show something again this year but I fear his focus on the TdF won't result in many points. Henao is talented but I'm not sure he'll get his chances at Sky.
Changing teams and going PC is probably a good move for Lasse Norman Hansen, Herklotz will have a better season than the last two years I guess and Mohoric can't get worse.

But as you are still on 2nd place shows that your picks are quite great.

And now to the first races for my riders:
Tour de San Luis (2.1)
HANSEN Jesper
MOHORIC Matej

Santos Tour Down Under (2.UWT)
EWAN Caleb

It's up to Ewan to score.
User avatar rote_laterne

26 Jan 2016 11:36

[/u]

Haugaard and Olivier, they neutralize each other
Lampaert and Gougeard, I think they may be close, but no problem, point for you.
Sepulveda can make more points than Barbero. Point for you
I think Valgren is better than Hansen. Point for me
Probably Herklotz will be more profitable than Boswell this year. Point for you
But... finally you have Sebas Henao and me Vuillermoz.

You do not have any rider like Vuillermoz. So I think "Pikachu" will be decisive
Ludwigzgz

26 Jan 2016 22:06

Ludwigzgz wrote:

[/u]

Lampaert and Gougeard, I think they may be close, but no problem, point for you.

You do not have any rider like Vuillermoz. So I think "Pikachu" will be decisive

So can you remember what drew you to Vuillermoz, the most valuable unique pick and a large part of your advantage over everyone else? Was he one of the first names on your list, or a team filler?

I have no recollection of remotely considering him; anyone remember shortlisting him, then deciding that someone else was a better bet, and care to share their reasoning?
User avatar Armchair cyclist

26 Jan 2016 22:25

I remember I considered Vuillermoz heavily in that edition, however sadly I didn't end up giving him a chance within my squad. Shame on me. Funny enough he is now one of my absolute favorite riders in the peloton and I still think he has a large amount of improvement in front of him having switched to the road relatively late in his career.

I remember clearly his first TdF with Sojasun. He was very, very strong on the Alpe Dhuez stage. He climbed with the favorites on the first time up Huez, only to crash pretty hard on the decent before the second time up... He still finished 41th on the stage, though, very respectable. Anyway, a few days later he again climbed very well and finished 20th on the stage to Semnoz.

Had I only giving him a chance.....
Jakob747

26 Jan 2016 23:51

Armchair cyclist wrote:So can you remember what drew you to Vuillermoz, the most valuable unique pick and a large part of your advantage over everyone else? Was he one of the first names on your list, or a team filler?

"Pikachu" was a recommendation from a friend on the spanish forum Parlamento Ciclista.
Then I looked for information about him on the web, I liked his story and sign for my team. I thought Vuillermoz could make a good record on the road.
I want to have on my team 2 or 3 runners unfamiliar that make a difference with other teams ... if the move goes well
Ludwigzgz

27 Jan 2016 07:09

Ludwigzgz wrote:
Armchair cyclist wrote:So can you remember what drew you to Vuillermoz, the most valuable unique pick and a large part of your advantage over everyone else? Was he one of the first names on your list, or a team filler?

"Pikachu" was a recommendation from a friend on the spanish forum Parlamento Ciclista.
Then I looked for information about him on the web, I liked his story and sign for my team. I thought Vuillermoz could make a good record on the road.
I want to have on my team 2 or 3 runners unfamiliar that make a difference with other teams ... if the move goes well

You only have one unique pick on your 2016-18 squad: I'll be watching for whether he is another Alexis.

In the same spirit as Jakub's admission above, is anyone able to remember, and humble enough to confess, the thought pattern whereby we all missed the likes of Theuns, Benoot, Naesen, Roglic, Demoitie...

27 Jan 2016 13:41

Armchair cyclist wrote:
Ludwigzgz wrote:

You only have one unique pick on your 2016-18 squad: I'll be watching for whether he is another Alexis.

In the same spirit as Jakub's admission above, is anyone able to remember, and humble enough to confess, the thought pattern whereby we all missed the likes of Theuns, Benoot, Naesen, Roglic, Demoitie...

i think part of it is the way the game is designed, its difficult to take a cheaper rider over someone who is closer to the 200 career aggregate. Its much more of a gamble to take one when you're not trying to meet a budget (to the advantage of both games that its a different challenge) Roglic (Geraint Too Fast) and Demoite (Oliviera?) made it on to a solitary Youth game team, and maybe Theuns is the only one completely ignored.

Also to the credit of Lidwigzgz, that he got took that gamble...
mc_mountain

01 Feb 2016 22:37

The final circuit begins:
Year 3, month 1

Those who were beginning to emerge two years ago, or at least those who have done what was hoped of them, are becoming established contenders in many races: year three scores for many riders ought to be well over the total of years one and two: only the very best and very worst of those in the game don't have the potential to return such a score.
Scores like those for this month would have been thought significant in year 1 in any month: our riders are now at the stage when it is not much more than a warm up for the season.

Best scoring riders selected for the game this month
(Rider/points/teams)
QUINTANA ROJAS Dayer Uberney 126 12
SEPULVEDA Eduardo 112 5
EWAN Caleb 98 44
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben 98 7
BONIFAZIO Niccolo 72 4
KOSHEVOY Ilia 53 1
REGUIGUI Youcef 30 1
BARBERO CUESTA Carlos 28 2
KUDUS GHEBREMEDHIN Merhawi 28 18
THWAITES Scott 24 1
HOWSON DAMIEN 20 30
VUILLERMOZ Alexis 18 1
VERONA QUINTANILLA Carlos 14 5
VAKOC Petr 13 6

But we missed:
WOODS Michael 146
BEVIN Patrick 85
LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel 77
BENOOT Tiesj 76
OKUBAMARIAM ISSAK Tesfom 67
LANE Patrick 55
JARRIER Benoît 50
SMITH Dion 47
TORRES AGUDELO Rodolfo Andres 45
TORRES BARCELO Albert 44
GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando 41

Team points this month
1 MC_Mountain 360 (Quintana, Fernandez, Ewan and Kudus)
2 Karaev 323 (Quintana, Ewan, Kudus, Barbero)
3 Al_Pacino 312 (Quintana, Ewan, Bonfazio)
4 Hilltop_Finisher 302 (Quintana, Ewan, Koshevoy)
5 Skidmark 268
5 GPBlanco 268
7 Del1962 263
8 Manafana 258
9 Kazistuta 254
9 Afrank 254
9 Just_Some_Guy 254
12 Armchair_Cyclist 252
13 Mellow_Velo 249
13 Il_Pirata 249
15 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 248
16 Blackbandit222 244
17 Mutschi 237
17 NairoQ 237
19 Dazed_and_Confused 235
19 Ansimi 235
21 Ruudz0r 227
22 Jakob747 223
23 Josedin 215
24 Ludwigzgz 207
25 Oliveira 206
26 Fauniera 200
27 Fus87 176
28 GeraintTooFast 161
29 HugoKoblet 156
29 Leadbelly 156
31 18Valve 151
32 Rote_Laterne 146
32 Search 146
34 Comodoro 136
34 Froome19 136
36 ItalianGigolo 135
37 Cyivel 131
38 Ingsve 128
38 Tuart 128
38 Madrazo 128
41 Ray200 123
42 asdfgh101 121
43 Florecita 117
44 Bellsax 113
45 Vladimir 103
CollectiveWisdom 151

Rankings to end of January
1 Ludwigzgz 10512
2 Skidmark 9962
3 MC_Mountain 9008
4 HugoKoblet 8994
5 Rote_Laterne 8807
6 Blackbandit222 8616
7 GPBlanco 8407
8 ItalianGigolo 8356
9 Ingsve 8249
10 Mutschi 8219
11 Tuart 8187
12 Leadbelly 8157
13 Kazistuta 8136
14 Karaev 8095
15 Hilltop_Finisher 8004
16 Florecita 7966
17 Ruudz0r 7868
18 Del1962 7818
19 Fauniera 7817
20 Madrazo 7789
21 Dazed_and_Confused 7729
22 Jakob747 7724
23 Comodoro 7723
24 18Valve 7717
25 Froome19 7709
26 NairoQ 7680
27 asdfgh101 7490
28 Afrank 7444
29 Cyivel 7285
30 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 7107
31 Al_Pacino 7076
32 Armchair_Cyclist 6961
33 Bellsax 6863
34 Mellow_Velo 6846
35 Oliveira 6832
36 Search 6581
37 Ray200 6528
38 Fus87 6449
39 Ansimi 6041
40 Il_Pirata 5745
41 GeraintTooFast 5692
42 Manafana 5690
43 Just_Some_Guy 5408
44 Vladimir 4914
45 Josedin 4893
CollectiveWisdom 8160

If Skidmark continues to chip away at the lead by 60-odd every month, as he has in January, it will be very tight by the end of the year. Monthly top scorer MC Mountain moves back into the podium positions. The biggest riser of the month is Del1962, who rises 5 places despite being the only team to lack Caleb Ewan, with Sepulveda and Fernandez making up for that oversight.

02 Feb 2016 19:18

Ludwigzgz wrote:

[/u]

I agree with most of that, but I'm wondering why you are comparing Lampaert and Gougeard, and Seb Henao with Vuillermoz. Lampaert's total since this game started is 1071, and Vuillermoz's is 1074 (including what he got in San Luis). So I'd think they would be directly comparable. Unless you're saying Lampaert's 2015 was a fluke or something... I have to say he surprised me, for sure, and the cobbled classics aren't as 'sure' of a bet as someone who can climb. But I'd think they would be quite comparable, at least on a points basis.

Anyway, taking those two as similar, here's how I see the rest of our differences:

You're right about Haugaard and Olivier, except there is 0% chance I'm getting anything more from Olivier, whereas you might pick up a few.

Sepulveda has made 708 points so far (plus 112 this year). Gougeard has made 703 (plus 5 this year). I feel like Sepulveda maybe has the edge this year, although Gougeard is a great attacker who can get points all season.

Seb Henao has 345 since this started, Barbero has picked up 617. That's a clear advantage for you, and I think he'll beat Henao head to head in points, even if Henao improves (as I expect him to). I'd say Barbero could make 600 this year, Henao maybe 4-500 tops.

Hansen has made 233 points this year, Valgren has made 706. Ouch. However: Hansen made pretty much the same as Valgren last year, and this year he's moving to Stolting, where he will obviously get way more chances. I think Valgren is going to bounce back (I've got him on my main CQ team), but this might not be the blowout it could seem. However, Valgren is still going to get him in aggregate for sure.

That leaves Herklotz (259 so far) and Boswell (241). Herklotz has the obvious edge in ceiling potential, I think it's just a question of how much he can do this year, and how much of his seeming stagnation last year was just a blip and how much was real. Boswell looked good last year, though, at least it's the first time I've ever noticed him in races.

Anyway, to catch up this year, here's what I think I need:

- Lampaert to keep pace in points with Vuillermoz (possible; Lampaert can be a good foil for EQS in the classics, like a Vandenbergh that can sprint. But - Pikachu is the better solid bet for points, so I need lots of things to break my way).

- Haugaard continues to be irrelevant (very possible), Olivier decides to un-retire (impossible).

- Sepulveda needs to take a step up and start placing in big races (possible; he looked very good in San Luis) to get a couple of hundred points on Gougeard (who is also improving and very good).

- Seb Henao needs to take a step up (possible) to stay within 100 or so of Barbero (who will get lots of opportunities all year round).

- Hansen has to use his opportunities on a smaller team to score big and keep pace with Valgren (possible if Tinkoff use Valgren like they did last year, but I think not likely)

- Herklotz just really has to get it going. This is the biggest x factor. If Herklotz becomes a phenom and scores 600 points while Boswell is stuck at 250, I'm back in the game.

Looking at that realistically, I'm going to need a lot of things to break my way, so I think I probably have less than a 10% chance of that happening. But it'll be fun to follow along!
skidmark

07 Feb 2016 19:01

Thanks for the update. I hope I can hold onto my fifth place until the end of the year. Blackbandit and GPBlanco do have good teams though.

Points this week:
EWAN Caleb 30
DILLIER Silvan 94
FOMINYKH Daniil 5
HENAO GOMEZ Sebastian 4
HOWSON Damien 76

Baring injuries this can be a good year for Dillier. Also nice to see Howson scoring some points Down Under.

Tour of Qatar (2.HC)
MOHORIC Matej

La Méditerranéenne (2.1)
FOMINYKH Daniil

Not the guys that are known for scoring big ...

edit: SENECHAL Florian is also racing in France.
User avatar rote_laterne

04 Mar 2016 23:57

February Year 3(to 28th Feb)

Big results for two of our riders this month, but by now, the best of those who were emerging are beginning to hold their own among the big boys. At least, some of them are. Four of the five biggest scorers this month have matched, or at least got very close to, last year's total already (Avila has exceeded his previous game total across 2 years). Perhaps that gives hope to the teams who have riders that have not really shone yet.

VAKOC Petr 303pts 6 teams (5th in Haut Var, 2nd in La Provence, then wins in Drome and Sud Ardeche)
STUYVEN Jasper 175 36 (9thin Omloop, then that powerful KBK win)
AVILA VANEGAS Edwin Alcibiades 100 1 (Nat champ)
DILLIER Silvan 94 7 (4th in Dubai GC)
HOWSON DAMIEN 76 30 (3rd in Herald Sun Tour)
LATOUR Pierre 66 4 (7th in Bessege GC, 10th in Laigueglia)
BONIFAZIO Niccolo 58 4 (6th in Omloop, and stage points in Herald Sun Tour)
KUDUS GHEBREMEDHIN Merhawi 55 18 (9th in Oman GC)
GOUGEARD Alexis 54 7 (5th in Omloop)
YATES Adam 52 27 ( lower top ten in Drome and Sud Ardeche)
HAIG Jack 50 2 (5th in Herald Sun Tour)
Fedi (176 February points) and Calmejean (126) top the scores among those we could have chosen but didn't.

Points gained

1 HugoKoblet 714 (Vakoc, Stuven, Howson & Gougeard)
2 Cyivel 701 (Vakoc, Stuven, Howson & Yates)
3 Karaev 690 (Vakoc, Stuven, Howson & Karaev)
4 ItalianGigolo 650 (Vakoc, Stuven, Latour & Yates)
5 Del1962 593
6 asdfgh101 589
7 NairoQ 586
8 Rote_Laterne 543
9 Afrank 536
10 Ludwigzgz 508
11 Al_Pacino 500
12 Leadbelly 486
13 Skidmark 476
14 Blackbandit222 475
15 GPBlanco 470
16 Jakob747 467
17 Froome19 459
18 Fus87 436
19 18Valve 425
20 MC_Mountain 422
21 Just_Some_Guy 407
22 Fauniera 402
23 Ruudz0r 401
24 Madrazo 399
25 Kazistuta 391
26 Dazed_and_Confused 387
27 Hilltop_Finisher 385
27 Search 385
29 Ingsve 376
30 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 363
31 Comodoro 351
32 Ansimi 341
33 Mutschi 340
34 Ray200 316
35 Florecita 307
36 Mellow_Velo 302
37 Vladimir 253
38 Bellsax 251
39 GeraintTooFast 241
40 Tuart 215
41 Armchair_Cyclist 203
42 Josedin 200 (including 100 points for unique pick Avila)
43 Il_Pirata 186
44 Manafana 183
45 Oliveira 101
CollectiveWisdom 438

Standings
Mediocre performances for the top two (but they still got more than twice my score), but Hugo steps up to the podium, and Karaev has a 5 place improvement to get into the top ten.
1 Ludwigzgz 11020
2 Skidmark 10438
3 HugoKoblet 9708
4 MC_Mountain 9430
5 Rote_Laterne 9350
6 Blackbandit222 9091
7 ItalianGigolo 9006
8 GPBlanco 8877
9 Karaev 8785
10 Leadbelly 8643
11 Ingsve 8625
12 Mutschi 8559
13 Kazistuta 8527
14 Del1962 8411
15 Tuart 8402
16 Hilltop_Finisher 8389
17 Florecita 8273
18 Ruudz0r 8269
19 NairoQ 8266
20 Fauniera 8219
21 Jakob747 8191
22 Madrazo 8188
23 Froome19 8168
24 18Valve 8142
25 Dazed_and_Confused 8116
26 asdfgh101 8079
27 Comodoro 8074
28 Cyivel 7986
29 Afrank 7980
30 Al_Pacino 7576
31 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 7470
32 Armchair_Cyclist 7164
33 Mellow_Velo 7148
34 Bellsax 7114
35 Search 6966
36 Oliveira 6933
37 Fus87 6885
38 Ray200 6844
39 Ansimi 6382
40 GeraintTooFast 5933
41 Il_Pirata 5931
42 Manafana 5873
43 Just_Some_Guy 5815
44 Vladimir 5167
45 Josedin 5093
CollectiveWisdom 8598
CollectiveIgnorance 11255

06 Mar 2016 16:22

Well, with Lampaert out (maybe from the whole classics, but definitely from West Flanders where he picked up a bunch last year) and Sepulveda out for three months, that's pretty much it for me in this game. Not only were they my best riders I didn't share with Ludwigzgz, they were two of my best riders period. Ah well, it's been a fun game and I'll hope to hold on for a podium! Who knows, Sepulveda could come back and top 10 the Tour.
skidmark

07 Apr 2016 21:13

Year 3, Month 3 (to 3rd April)
No particularly stunning scores this month, but high scores for most teams, as there are many consistent point earners by this stage. The top 10 scorers this month are:

LATOUR Pierre 140pts 4 teams (2nd in Criterium Int)
THWAITES Scott 135 1 (2nd in Le Samyn, 8th in Dwars door Vlaanderen, and general consistency around the cobbles)
WACKERMANN Luca 129 5 (won no less than 3 2.2 tours in Algeria in the month)
DE BIE Sean 128 12 (won GC of the Dreidaagse van West-Vlaanderen)
JARAMILLO DIEZ Daniel Alexander 120 1 (2nd in Langkawi, so mainly earned in February)
YATES Simon 113 42 (7th in Paris-Nice GC)
SENECHAL Florian 111 23 (3rd in Le Samyn, top 10 in West Vlaanderen and Loire Atlantique)
PEDERSEN Mads 111 6 (won Gent-Wevelgem U23, and top ten in De Panne GC)
STUYVEN Jasper 107 36 (5th in the E3 Harelbeke)
ZABEL Rick 83 27 (4th in Limburg Classic)

Points earned
1 Cyivel 825 (Wackermann, De Bie, Yates, Senechal and Stuyven)
2 Search 779 (De Bie, Jaramillo, Yates, Pedersen and Stuyven)
3 MC_Mountain 742 (Latour, Yates, Senechal and Stuyven)
4 Mellow_Velo 731 (Latour, Wackermann and Yates)
5 ItalianGigolo 721 (Latour, Yates and Stuyven)
6 Ludwigzgz 710
7 Florecita 707
8 asdfgh101 690
9 Ingsve 689
10 HugoKoblet 681
11 Manafana 676
12 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 674
13 Madrazo 672
14 Ruudz0r 669
15 Ray200 649
16 Skidmark 640
17 Armchair_Cyclist 628
18 Kazistuta 626
18 NairoQ 626
20 18Valve 619
21 Jakob747 612
22 Bellsax 611
23 Rote_Laterne 606
24 Froome19 593
25 Fus87 587
26 Josedin 567
27 Afrank 551
28 Blackbandit222 538
29 Just_Some_Guy 520
30 Fauniera 517
30 Comodoro 517
32 Del1962 503
33 Tuart 499
34 Karaev 483
35 Hilltop_Finisher 480
36 Leadbelly 478
37 GPBlanco 420
37 Al_Pacino 420
39 GeraintTooFast 406
40 Dazed_and_Confused 405
41 Il_Pirata 373
42 Oliveira 357
43 Ansimi 347
44 Mutschi 317
45 Vladimir 245
CollectiveWisdom 633

Standings
6th this month, partly due to his very valuable unique pick of Vuillermoz, extends Ludwigzgz' lead even further, and MCMountain gets close to the podium. ItalianGigolo overtaking Black Bandit is the highest change in place, and Ingsve has a 3 place rise to get into the top ten at Leadbelly's expense. Top scorer Cyivel gets the biggest rise of the month (7 places) and Mutschi and Fauniera share the igmony of the biggest drops (6 spots).
1 Ludwigzgz 11730
2 Skidmark 11078
3 HugoKoblet 10389
4 MC_Mountain 10172
5 Rote_Laterne 9956
6 ItalianGigolo 9727
7 Blackbandit222 9629
8 Ingsve 9314
9 GPBlanco 9297
10 Karaev 9268
11 Kazistuta 9153
12 Leadbelly 9121
13 Florecita 8980
14 Ruudz0r 8938
15 Del1962 8914
16 Tuart 8901
17 NairoQ 8892
18 Mutschi 8876
19 Hilltop_Finisher 8869
20 Madrazo 8860
21 Cyivel 8811
22 Jakob747 8803
23 asdfgh101 8769
24 18Valve 8761
24 Froome19 8761
26 Fauniera 8736
27 Comodoro 8591
28 Afrank 8531
29 Dazed_and_Confused 8521
30 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 8144
31 Al_Pacino 7996
32 Mellow_Velo 7879
33 Armchair_Cyclist 7792
34 Search 7745
35 Bellsax 7725
36 Ray200 7493
37 Fus87 7472
38 Oliveira 7290
39 Ansimi 6729
40 Manafana 6549
41 GeraintTooFast 6339
42 Just_Some_Guy 6335
43 Il_Pirata 6304
44 Josedin 5660
45 Vladimir 5412
CollectiveWisdom 9231

07 May 2016 12:52

Year 3 Month 4 To 1st May

It could be said that when you do less well one year than the previous, that you are no longer emerging. It seems unlikely that this crop if riders is as good as it will ever be, but the points haul in the main classics month was less impressive than it was 12 months ago. The star of the month is the same as in April 2015, and because of the same races.

ALAPHILIPPE Julian 262points 35 teams (2nd in Fleche, 6th in Amstel Gold, 8th in Brabantse Pijl)
VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael 180 13 (2nd in Amstel Gold, 14th in Liege)
VAKOC Petr 150 6 (Win in Brabantse Pijl)
KONRAD Patrick 129 5 (GC 5th in Giro del Trentino, 15th in LBL)
LATOUR Pierre 104 4 (14th in Pais Vasco, 12th in Romandie)
HANSEN JESPER 93 2
BONIFAZIO Niccolo 90 4
YATES Adam 81 27
BARBERO CUESTA Carlos 55 2
LAMPAERT Yves 54 3

Points gained
1 ItalianGigolo 915 (Alaphilippe, Valgren, Vakoc and Latour)
2 Rote_Laterne 754 (Alaphilippe, Konrad, Hansen, Yates)
3 Karaev 747 (Alaphilippe, Valgren, Vakoc and Barbero)
4 Ludwigzgz 745 (Alaphilippe, Valgren, Yates and Barbero)
5 Ruudz0r 727 (Alaphilippe, Valgren, Bonifazio)
6 Hilltop_Finisher 685
7 HugoKoblet 676
8 Comodoro 665
9 MC_Mountain 643
10 Ingsve 630
11 Florecita 617
12 NairoQ 585
13 Fauniera 574
14 Cyivel 564
15 Oliveira 559
16 Ray200 552
17 Ansimi 537
18 Skidmark 533
19 Bellsax 530
20 Blackbandit222 496
21 Mutschi 489
21 Jakob747 489
23 asdfgh101 483
24 Afrank 473
25 Tuart 466
26 Armchair_Cyclist 463
27 18Valve 461
28 GPBlanco 456
29 Leadbelly 438
30 Kazistuta 434
31 Dazed_and_Confused 423
32 Search 418
33 Vladimir 402
34 GeraintTooFast 384
35 Il_Pirata 366
36 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 364
37 Madrazo 346
38 Del1962 324
39 Mellow_Velo 290
40 Josedin 249
41 Manafana 238
42 Froome19 210
43 Fus87 206
44 Al_Pacino 191
45 Just_Some_Guy 122
CollectiveWisdom 494

Standings

asdfgh101, down in 23rd, is the best placed rider without Alaphilippe in the squad, Karaev is the only riser in the top ten.
1 Ludwigzgz 12475
2 Skidmark 11611
3 HugoKoblet 11065
4 MC_Mountain 10815
5 Rote_Laterne 10710
6 ItalianGigolo 10642
7 Blackbandit222 10125
8 Karaev 10015
9 Ingsve 9944
10 GPBlanco 9753
11 Ruudz0r 9665
12 Florecita 9597
13 Kazistuta 9587
14 Leadbelly 9559
15 Hilltop_Finisher 9554
16 NairoQ 9477
17 Cyivel 9375
18 Tuart 9367
19 Mutschi 9365
20 Fauniera 9310
21 Jakob747 9292
22 Comodoro 9256
23 asdfgh101 9252
24 Del1962 9238
25 18Valve 9222
26 Madrazo 9206
27 Afrank 9004
28 Froome19 8971
29 Dazed_and_Confused 8944
30 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 8508
31 Bellsax 8255
31 Armchair_Cyclist 8255
33 Al_Pacino 8187
34 Mellow_Velo 8169
35 Search 8163
36 Ray200 8045
37 Oliveira 7849
38 Fus87 7678
39 Ansimi 7266
40 Manafana 6787
41 GeraintTooFast 6723
42 Il_Pirata 6670
43 Just_Some_Guy 6457
44 Josedin 5909
45 Vladimir 5814
CollectiveWisdom 9725

Ludwigzgz was 4th this month, his margin grows by another 222 points. Perhaps, if Sebastian Henao wins the Giro for Skidmark, the last few months will be competitive....

31 May 2016 10:31

Year 3 Month 5 to 29th May (a bit early, because I have more time this week than I will next)

ALAPHILIPPE Julian 225 35 (Tour of California win)
FOLIFOROV Alexander 108 1 (Stage win and other Giro points for Vladimir)
WACKERMANN Luca 103 5 (Stage win in Azerbaijan and GC 6th in Volta Cova da Beira)
PARRA BUSTAMENTE Heiner Rodrigo 99 8 (GC top 10s in Vuelta a Asturias and Volta Cova da Beira)
HENAO GOMEZ Sebastian 78 16 (GC 17th in Giro)
LAMPAERT Yves 64 3 (top ten in Tour of Belgium)
EWAN Caleb 62 44 (a 2nd, a 4th and two other top tens in the Giro)
ARSLANOV Ildar 50 1 (5th in Azerbaijan Caucasus Electrofolk Tour GC)

1 Armchair_Cyclist 700 (Alaphilippe, Wackerman, Parra, Henao, Ewan)
2 18Valve 625 (Alaphilippe, Parra, Ewan)
3 Skidmark 624 (Alaphilippe, Henao, Lampaert, Ewan)
4 Jakob747 577
5 MC_Mountain 560
6 Blackbandit222 558
7 Fauniera 549
8 Afrank 536
8 Vladimir 536
10 Ruudz0r 533
11 Cyivel 522
12 Search 520
13 Bellsax 511
14 Ludwigzgz 507
15 NairoQ 506
16 Ray200 505
17 Hilltop_Finisher 503
18 Tuart 495
19 Il_Pirata 487
20 Madrazo 480
21 Leadbelly 476
22 ItalianGigolo 473
23 HugoKoblet 471
24 GPBlanco 466
25 Oliveira 465
26 Mellow_Velo 462
27 Rote_Laterne 460
28 Karaev 452
29 Kazistuta 447
30 Ansimi 446
31 Florecita 442
32 Ingsve 430
33 Mutschi 426
34 Comodoro 419
35 Dazed_and_Confused 413
36 GeraintTooFast 403
37 Manafana 369
38 Al_Pacino 328
39 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 314
40 Josedin 310
41 Just_Some_Guy 300
42 Froome19 267
43 Fus87 245
44 asdfgh101 240
45 Del1962 162
CollectiveWisdom 562

I won something!!!

1 Ludwigzgz 12982
2 Skidmark 12235
3 HugoKoblet 11536
4 MC_Mountain 11375
5 Rote_Laterne 11170
6 ItalianGigolo 11115
7 Blackbandit222 10683
8 Karaev 10467
9 Ingsve 10374
10 GPBlanco 10219
11 Ruudz0r 10198
12 Hilltop_Finisher 10057
13 Florecita 10039
14 Leadbelly 10035
15 Kazistuta 10034
16 NairoQ 9983
17 Cyivel 9897
18 Jakob747 9869
19 Tuart 9862
20 Fauniera 9859
21 18Valve 9847
22 Mutschi 9791
23 Madrazo 9686
24 Comodoro 9675
25 Afrank 9540
26 asdfgh101 9492
27 Del1962 9400
28 Dazed_and_Confused 9357
29 Froome19 9238
30 Armchair_Cyclist 8955
31 The_Fool_on_the_Hill 8822
32 Bellsax 8766
33 Search 8683
34 Mellow_Velo 8631
35 Ray200 8550
36 Al_Pacino 8515
37 Oliveira 8314
38 Fus87 7923
39 Ansimi 7712
40 Il_Pirata 7157
41 Manafana 7156
42 GeraintTooFast 7126
43 Just_Some_Guy 6757
44 Vladimir 6350
45 Josedin 6219
CollectiveWisdom 10287
18Valve celebrates his Giro win with being top riser here, up 4 places, but with no positional change at all in the top ten, Ludwigzgz's lead looks as solid as ever.

The Collective Ignorance team now consists of:
THEUNS Edward 1618
BENOOT Tiesj 1385
ROGLIC Primoz 900 (incl 125 this month)
NAESEN Oliver 748
FEDI Andrea 715
TORRES AGUDELO Rodolfo Andres 641
DEMOITIE Antoine 638 RIP
CARTHY Hugh 637 (incl 145 this month)
MARECZKO Jakub 632
LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel 629
BARBIER Rudy 624
GROSU Eduard-Michael 598
CLAEYS Dimitri 584
MCLAY Daniel 580 (170 this month)
BUSATO Matteo 570
PARDINI Olivier 557
WOODS Michael 553
BEVIN Patrick 542, for a total of 13151

and the best possible selection is
ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1671 35 teams
THEUNS Edward 1618 0 team
YATES Adam 1433 27 teams
BENOOT Tiesj 1385 0 team
BONIFAZIO Niccolo 1331 4 teams
VUILLERMOZ Alexis 1266 1 team
LAMPAERT Yves 1206 3 teams
VAKOC Petr 1146 6 teams
EWAN Caleb 1070 44 teams
FORMOLO Davide 1056 18 teams
JANS Roy 991 1 team
ROGLIC Primoz 900 0 team
DILLIER Silvan 988 7 teams
VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael 896 13 teams
YATES Simon 868 42 teams
SEPULVEDA Eduardo 858 5 teams
LATOUR Pierre 834 4 teams
GOUGEARD Alexis 762 7 teams

10 Jun 2016 20:04

Catching Hugo top make the podium seems like it could be possible if Adam Yates can out perform Vakoc and Formolo for the rest of the season. But perhaps I should be looking over my shoulder at those behind too.
mc_mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling