Register

Race Design Challenge II

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick

02 Aug 2016 09:49

Ah thanks, somehow I missed that note in the OP. That will make things easier. :)

Not sure how much time I'll have for elaborate write ups of every stage. But heu! Maybe I will participate but not win due to constraints of time. :p
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

Re:

02 Aug 2016 10:32

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:Ah thanks, somehow I missed that note in the OP. That will make things easier. :)

Not sure how much time I'll have for elaborate write ups of every stage. But heu! Maybe I will participate but not win due to constraints of time. :p

Well write-ups can only give you a small bonus. The important part is the route :p Good luck
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

Re:

02 Aug 2016 10:44

barmaher wrote:I am definitely out, so my title is up for grabs.

Sorry.

I can judge if you need me to do so.

So whoever wins this is the Nibali of race designing. :(
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

Re: Re:

02 Aug 2016 10:56

Gigs_98 wrote:
barmaher wrote:I am definitely out, so my title is up for grabs.

Sorry.

I can judge if you need me to do so.

So whoever wins this is the Nibali of race designing. :(

We will put an asterisk on his title :D
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

Re: Race Design Challenge II

09 Aug 2016 00:28

Work is kicking my butt these days. B@lls to the wall until 8/17. I have hardly started designing anything. I hope that I won't have to drop out, because I really want to be part of it. I have a couple of stages and finishes that I think no one thought about. Darn. And I still need to figure Imgur out...

I looked at the original/first challenge: how much time is allowed between one posts and the following participant needs to post?
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

09 Aug 2016 11:34

Tonton wrote:I looked at the original/first challenge: how much time is allowed between one posts and the following participant needs to post?

there isn't any time to wait. Participants can post whenever they can on that day.

User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

09 Aug 2016 15:28

No limit on overall number of kilometres of transfers, right?
Brullnux
Veteran

Re:

09 Aug 2016 16:02

Brullnux wrote:No limit on overall number of kilometres of transfers, right?

correct

User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

09 Aug 2016 22:40

Eshnar wrote:
Tonton wrote:I looked at the original/first challenge: how much time is allowed between one posts and the following participant needs to post?

there isn't any time to wait. Participants can post whenever they can on that day.

So it's 32 days of competition, one stage posted each day, right?
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

09 Aug 2016 22:59

Tonton wrote:
Eshnar wrote:

So it's 32 days of competition, one stage posted each day, right?

Probably every 2nd day, like the last time. On the days on which we don't post we get our points. I think that system worked very well and also gave you the chance to make write ups even if you didn't have time on one day.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

11 Aug 2016 22:39

Lol
scurrrr

11 Aug 2016 22:40

Gigs_98 wrote:
Tonton wrote:So it's 32 days of competition, one stage posted each day, right?

Probably every 2nd day, like the last time. On the days on which we don't post we get our points. I think that system worked very well and also gave you the chance to make write ups even if you didn't have time on one day.

^^this

User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

14 Aug 2016 14:15

Less than a week to go :eek: Everybody ready?
During the week I will contact and appoint the judges... :cool:

User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

15 Aug 2016 20:23

I won't be able to participate, unfortunately. Too much work. Good luck to all the participants :) .
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

15 Aug 2016 20:46

Tonton wrote:I won't be able to participate, unfortunately. Too much work. Good luck to all the participants :) .

Man, chickening out is not cool :p :(

User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

17 Aug 2016 12:53

are we allowed to bring in several courses? I have designed some nice stages in different areas and I can't link them in a satisfactionary way. So I thought about having two races (who will have a very similar final)
rghysens

Re:

17 Aug 2016 13:13

rghysens wrote:are we allowed to bring in several courses? I have designed some nice stages in different areas and I can't link them in a satisfactionary way. So I thought about having two races (who will have a very similar final)

whoa you had the time to design TWO routes? :eek:
I'm afraid you'll have to pick one... or maybe hire secretly somebody else to present your second route (s/he'll get the glory tho...) :p
Decisions...!

User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

17 Aug 2016 15:25

Can we bring up our own points systems for mountain or sprint classification, or can we even invent new classifications? That might change the way how judges think about a stage, and therefore cause some small differences.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

17 Aug 2016 16:17

Gigs_98 wrote:Can we bring up our own points systems for mountain or sprint classification, or can we even invent new classifications? That might change the way how judges think about a stage, and therefore cause some small differences.

yes you can.

User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

Re: Re:

17 Aug 2016 17:34

Eshnar wrote:
rghysens wrote:are we allowed to bring in several courses? I have designed some nice stages in different areas and I can't link them in a satisfactionary way. So I thought about having two races (who will have a very similar final)

whoa you had the time to design TWO routes? :eek:
I'm afraid you'll have to pick one... or maybe hire secretly somebody else to present your second route (s/he'll get the glory tho...) :p
Decisions...!

I didn't design 2 routes, I designed an ensemble of 12 stages in a certain region and several of 5-8 stages in other regions, but I have difficulties to link them, or even to make a coherent GT out of the clusters I have. So, I basically still don't know if I will participate, even more so because I don't have the time for extensive write-ups.
rghysens

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling