Register

2016 Tour de France CQ Game

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: peloton, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

25 Jul 2016 06:40

Congratulations and thanks for organizing!
NairoQ

Re:

25 Jul 2016 09:55

Hakkie2 wrote:Congrats to Lightbing for his victory in the Green Jersey competition. The result in Montpellier blew it for me, unfortunately.

This would have been the perfect team for the Tour; 2400 points for a price of exactly 4000:

Froome
Cavendish
Pantano
Meintjes
Laporte
De Gendt
Clement
Durasek
Eisel/Wagner

Remarkable, in the Giro the ideal team consisted of 8 riders finsihing top-12 in GC + Foliforov. Here, only 2 GC-riders made it.

And this would have been the 'Most Popular Winning Team', the most popular selection of riders that would have beaten Lightbing:

Froome
Kiteel
Pantano
Meintjes
Ten Dam
Durasek
Soupe
Tiralongo
Huzarski

Together, these riders were selected 125 times. Froome+Kittel+Meintjes+Pantano+5 cheapies, why didn't anyone think of this?
People tend to go with more than just two GC riders (Froome and Meintjes) I suppose? Or maybe it's just me. The budget allows for it, though, and I wasn't convinced that Kittel was a great pick because I was under the impression that echelon stages were likely in the first week. I had Froome and Meintjes, but paired them up with Landa and Rolland, who I mistakenly thought could top-10 and top-5, respectively. Really bad picks in retrospect, Landa in particular.

Congrats to Lightbing on winning the GC.
18-Valve. (pithy)

25 Jul 2016 11:50

Thanks guys and thank you to Armchair Cyclist for organizing the game. I always wanted to win one of these competitions. Is this the first time we had an official Green Competition?

Hakkie2 wrote:Congrats to Lightbing for his victory in the Green Jersey competition. The result in Montpellier blew it for me, unfortunately.

This would have been the perfect team for the Tour; 2400 points for a price of exactly 4000:

Froome
Cavendish
Pantano
Meintjes
Laporte
De Gendt
Clement
Durasek
Eisel/Wagner

Remarkable, in the Giro the ideal team consisted of 8 riders finsihing top-12 in GC + Foliforov. Here, only 2 GC-riders made it.

And this would have been the 'Most Popular Winning Team', the most popular selection of riders that would have beaten Lightbing:

Froome
Kiteel
Pantano
Meintjes
Ten Dam
Durasek
Soupe
Tiralongo
Huzarski

Together, these riders were selected 125 times. Froome+Kittel+Meintjes+Pantano+5 cheapies, why didn't anyone think of this?

I actually thought of that team. Didn't follow through because I was really high on Tejay and thought Costa would be the GC leader at Lampre.
LightBing
Newly Registered Member

19 Aug 2016 14:01

came in 12th!!! no idea how that happened.

Thank you AC for running the game and congrats to LightBing.

(sorry for such a late post. was on a tour, followed by weeks spent on making up for the lost time:( )
User avatar murali

Previous

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling