Register

The 2017 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

25 Feb 2017 07:28

Contreras (cost 5) earning 42 in ITT Colombia, into profit with that second place. Great!
Kjellus

25 Feb 2017 08:53

Must be a nice, satisfying feeling having Catteno for five years, being loyal and keeping your faith in him even though he disappoints year after year, and now he finally starts scoring points. I had him myself for a year or two but quickly lost faith.
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran

Re:

25 Feb 2017 09:36

Hugo Koblet wrote:Must be a nice, satisfying feeling having Catteno for five years, being loyal and keeping your faith in him even though he disappoints year after year, and now he finally starts scoring points. I had him myself for a year or two but quickly lost faith.

It's mixed with the undeniable truth that I've been wrong every previous year (and also never in contention in this game). "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day"
User avatar Eyeballs Out

Re: Re:

25 Feb 2017 10:09

Eyeballs Out wrote:
Hugo Koblet wrote:Must be a nice, satisfying feeling having Catteno for five years, being loyal and keeping your faith in him even though he disappoints year after year, and now he finally starts scoring points. I had him myself for a year or two but quickly lost faith.

It's mixed with the undeniable truth that I've been wrong every previous year (and also never in contention in this game). "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day"

I had him last year, along with Restrepo and Contreras. They were so lacklustre and disappointing until late in the season that I gave up on them for this year. My team from last year...which finished in the bottom 5 would be doing really well this year, with those three, Herrada, Ewan etc all racking up the points. I'm going to put a positive spin on it and claim to be avant garde. :razz:
User avatar armchairclimber

Re: Re:

25 Feb 2017 15:48

Eyeballs Out wrote:

Haha I can understand. But now there's 48 points more for you ;)
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran

25 Feb 2017 16:22

More points for Cattaneo! I'm jealous ;)

Hmm.. I thought this week would be good for me, but Abu Dhabi has been a bit disappointing for my team, no points from the French races, Omloop looked good for a while with Gougeard with the Sagan group and Theuns, Küng and Breschel in the chasing group but they all disappeared. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: The 2017 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

25 Feb 2017 16:42

I'm really happy that I picked Felline. He looks incredible even getting a lot of points in races where I didn't expect it at all. He already has 226 points.
Besides that I'll hopefully get a few points from Aru (who was a ver popular pick though) and Pozzovivo (who was a rather rare pick) from the Abu Dhabi gc. It's not exactly looking like a great week for me but I actually even expected worse.
User avatar Gigs_98

25 Feb 2017 18:00

I really wish I had picked Felline. I like him as an all-rounder (and the impressive manner in which he won the points jersey at the Vuelta), but was worried that he would keep amassing 10th-20th place finishes in all kinds of stages and races rather than pick up enough points. Great ride from him today.

On a more positive note for my team, my unique pick Gibbons is already in profit and Debesay (picked by only one other team) got the stage win in Langkawi today.
shalgo

25 Feb 2017 18:54

Other than Aru which lots have only my sprinters have done ok in Abu Dhabi, my Lotto duo really disappointing in Omloop and a a scattering of 5 pointers, only good news is Eddie Dunbar got some points today and looks well placed for top 10 in Volta ao Alentejo.
del1962
Veteran

25 Feb 2017 18:59

Egan Bernal really dissappointing today at Langkawi.
Only Aru and Hivert scored major points this week.
Not much to be exppected from KBK either.
Major slide this week.
User avatar the asian

25 Feb 2017 23:07

Bernal, Adrien Costa and JJ van R have disappointed me this week. I thought they'd all go well.
barmaher

26 Feb 2017 09:08

That climb in Langkawi was just too easy for Bernal, the result says enough.
User avatar Popchu

Re:

26 Feb 2017 10:34

Popchu wrote:That climb in Langkawi was just too easy for Bernal, the result says enough.

Yes,but Miguel Angel Lopez won same stage last year and finished 3rd Overall .

Removing Genting Highlands has made the race a sprinter friendly one, but on the only day where the climbers had a chance, I certainly expected more.
User avatar the asian

26 Feb 2017 19:44

Hmm.. not sure how to feel about this week
It's a shame KBK is only 1.HC, Dillier and Küng were top 20 but only scored a combined 21 points.
I had hoped Cimolai would score some points this weekend in France but seems the races were too tough

My results this week:
Aru 66
Ewan 53
Contador 27
Küng 16
Breschel 12
Theuns 10
Dillier 10
Consonni 7
Gougeard 5
Page 5

Contador is now at 180 points compared to 86 last year before Paris-Nice, a great start, but for the next period it'll be tough to match his results of last season, let alone improve on them. He was 2nd at Paris-Nice, 2nd at Catalunya and 1st at Pais Vasco, and this year there are less points available at Pais Vasco.
On the other hand, in the 2nd half of the season there is a lot of room for improvement so I am optimistic :)
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

26 Feb 2017 20:00

as of Friday evening it was a dire week but respectable points this weekend from Aru, Benoot, Tratnik and Latour makes it look better.

next week I have Bernal finishing Langwaki and surprisingly 3 riders in Africa for the Amissa Bongo. and I have not checked who is riding next weekend in Italy...
escartin

27 Feb 2017 09:28

I had an okay week. Contreras with 42 points and Stuyven with around 50 points were the highlights. I got bits and pieces elsewhere to get 200 or so on the week I think.

Not a bad week in terms of points, but considering how many riders I had riding that had potential to score points, I am disappointed.
barmaher

Re:

27 Feb 2017 09:49

barmaher wrote:I had an okay week. Contreras with 42 points and Stuyven with around 50 points were the highlights. I got bits and pieces elsewhere to get 200 or so on the week I think.

Not a bad week in terms of points, but considering how many riders I had riding that had potential to score points, I am disappointed.

Well Stuyven scored 130 points last week and not "around 50" so you probably shouldn't be that disappointed ;)
I had hoped for Boom or Oss to do something in Belgium this weekend, but not a single point between them. So I'm disappointed even though I also have Stuyven :sad:
User avatar vladimir

27 Feb 2017 10:08

Ha thanks, still not the best week, but okay. :)
barmaher

27 Feb 2017 10:57

Lots of scorers (18) but 10 of them 5 pointers.

Ewan, Aru and Benoot decent if not spectacular returms for popular riders.

Bonfazio, Kung and Pelucci moderate contributions.

Best for points return and relatively low popularity was Eddie Dunbar

Some points from Bernal to come hopefully.
del1962
Veteran

27 Feb 2017 12:31

I am happy with the two stages Molano took at Alentejo. Further on I had Benoot, Felline, Sepulveda and Aru scoring points plus some minor points by other riders.
User avatar GP Blanco

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling