Register

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

03 Apr 2018 20:28

Wow, two weeks in a row that I don't have to pull up the list to see how poorly or how well I've done and on the podium this week. This month have really relied on Quickstep (with Terpstra and Stybar) and of course Valverde to get there. Maybe should frame this update as well.
User avatar Koronin

03 Apr 2018 20:35

First time I have ever featured on any kind of top ten in this. I'm full of admiration for my fellow Valverde-ite Koronin for picking Terpstra. I don't expect a whole lot this week, with the calamitous Gaviria still sitting things out (though Alaphilippe and Mas are helping) ... but I'm very hopeful that the Ardennes week will give me a major boost, with Vala, Ala, Mas, Jungels and a few others.
User avatar armchairclimber

Re:

03 Apr 2018 22:11

armchairclimber wrote:First time I have ever featured on any kind of top ten in this. I'm full of admiration for my fellow Valverde-ite Koronin for picking Terpstra. I don't expect a whole lot this week, with the calamitous Gaviria still sitting things out (though Alaphilippe and Mas are helping) ... but I'm very hopeful that the Ardennes week will give me a major boost, with Vala, Ala, Mas, Jungels and a few others.

Thanks. I think next year Terpstra is going to cost too many points to pick. Figured this year being my first playing the game I'd start with some of my favorites who didn't cost a ton of points (well aside from Valverde, who's obviously my favorite) and go from there. Thus ended up with a team including Valverde, Soler, Terpstra, Stybar, Amador and Roson. Of course put some guys on my team like Hodeg and Madoas who didn't cost many points and I actually wasn't sure who they were either. Got lucky with them.
User avatar Koronin

04 Apr 2018 07:58

Lost 7 places, everyone above me has Terpstra. :(

I expected a lot from Lutsenko but he just had too much bad luck. Caught in the last kilometer in Omloop, held up behind a crash in Sanremo, crash in E3, bike change in Dwars door Vlaanderen and crash + DNF in the Ronde. At least Stybar did well.
User avatar Popchu

06 Apr 2018 00:23

My riders for the two races this weekend (Unless something changes between now and then with the start list)

Paris-Roubaix

Amador
Soler
Sutterlin
Terpstra
Stybar
Doull

Klasika Primavera

Valverde
Castrillo
Fernandez
Sevilla
User avatar Koronin

Re: The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

06 Apr 2018 12:41

Thanks for doing the updates EITB! Not the greatest week for my team but at least Valv got a bunch of unexpected points. Roubaix doesn't look too great for me either as I've got Roelandts as my only rider who smart money would be on scoring any points, unless Doull and Ivan Garcia can pull a surprise. Oh well, I'll be cheering them on in person - currently taking a train across France to get there, can't wait!! This will be my first time seeing my CQ riders live since 2012, I hope my presence at some races inspires a similar team performance this year.
skidmark

06 Apr 2018 13:44

skidmark wrote:Oh well, I'll be cheering them on in person - currently taking a train across France to get there, can't wait!!

Have fun! No cheering for Mr. Terpstra, i suspect. :p
User avatar fauniera

07 Apr 2018 01:12

skidmark wrote:Thanks for doing the updates EITB! Not the greatest week for my team but at least Valv got a bunch of unexpected points. Roubaix doesn't look too great for me either as I've got Roelandts as my only rider who smart money would be on scoring any points, unless Doull and Ivan Garcia can pull a surprise. Oh well, I'll be cheering them on in person - currently taking a train across France to get there, can't wait!! This will be my first time seeing my CQ riders live since 2012, I hope my presence at some races inspires a similar team performance this year.

Have a great time. I hope to someday get to watch Paris-Roubaix in person.

I won't be shocked if this is the last race I can hope that Terpstra and Stybar can bring in some good points for me. As for Klasica Premavira I have no idea how many points if any a rider even gets for that one.
User avatar Koronin

07 Apr 2018 05:08

Kinda dissappointed that Venturini despite his consistent performance in Sarthe, a race almost tailor made to his skill set, only gets 21 point in return. I guess he's not the winning type, I thought he was when picking him instead of Laporte...
User avatar Kazistuta

07 Apr 2018 16:40

Anyone regretting picking Alaphilippe now? I certainly do.
User avatar fauniera

07 Apr 2018 17:10

fauniera wrote:Anyone regretting picking Alaphilippe now? I certainly do.

Not yet. Alaphilippe could have 800 points after LBL. That said, I'm of course not exactly happy with his performance so far. Fortunately Mas stepped up though.
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

07 Apr 2018 17:20

He would have needed some gc points to be a good pick, i think. Can't do it on one day races alone. Except he wins in Innsbruck of course.
User avatar fauniera

08 Apr 2018 16:48

A decent week for me with Amador, Stybar, Phinney and Debuschere all doing well.

Hope i'll climb a few places.
User avatar the asian

08 Apr 2018 17:07

Well, Soler may not have scored points today, but by heck he is giving me some fun. Ditto for Mas. Very happy with those two. I wasn't expecting much this week, but I have passed the 50% mark and I now have a really good crop of riders already in profit: Soler, Phinney, Kanter, Hodeg, Craddock, Guarnieri, Fenn, Basso, Moreira, Castrillo and Dlamini. And the Ardennes classics are looming ... I expect big points there. Really enjoying the game this year.
User avatar armchairclimber

08 Apr 2018 17:31

Now I think is safe to say: Thank God the cobbles are over
drebelo

Re:

08 Apr 2018 18:25

drebelo wrote:Now I think is safe to say: Thank God the cobbles are over

No, no. I want more cobbles because that means more points from Terpstra and Stybar. Although the Ardennes are coming and I should get some really good points from Valverde.
User avatar Koronin

08 Apr 2018 18:41

Jakobsen, Terpstra and Mas are my scorers I think for this week... 400 points give or take
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

08 Apr 2018 19:27

Finally some decent points from the rainbow jersey, plus Pollitt and Phinney did ok
del1962
Veteran

09 Apr 2018 10:35

Probably first time in my life that I'm kinda happy the cobble season is over. None of my guys delivered what I expected, for whatever reason.
Still not worried about Alaphilippe, but surely Moscon won't score much more than last year.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

Re:

09 Apr 2018 11:23

SafeBet wrote:Probably first time in my life that I'm kinda happy the cobble season is over. None of my guys delivered what I expected, for whatever reason.
Still not worried about Alaphilippe, but surely Moscon won't score much more than last year.

Moscon is well ahead of his 2017 score so far, and has the Ardennes and all of May/June to get even further ahead. But yeah, he's looking less like the game-changer he could have been.

Right now I'm glad I picked Thomas ahead of him at the last minute, but that could still turn out to be the wrong decision.
User avatar Squire

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling