Log in:  

Register

The Cycling Betting Thread

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

09 Jun 2010 21:26

Sasquatch wrote:No offence mate but I'm taking everything you say like a grain of salt. You're not credible. You come on here and say you have been making easy money, but you don't post your plays before hand. You just come on here and claim you won so and so much etc.

Either post your bets, or don't make comments like that.

There's nothing worse than a Gambler who says he was on so and so without providing proof by typing your bets.


I can't post my games before hand because I only do live betting. It is not a lot of easy money out there, but sometimes especially on Betfair, where you play against normal people and not experts from a betting firm, it happens more often that you can find good bets. And even more so on live betting because it happens so fast, and people make mistakes.

You can see my stat from Betfair from Dauphine.
Image
San Carlo
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 12:51

10 Jun 2010 02:14

San Carlo wrote:I can't post my games before hand because I only do live betting. It is not a lot of easy money out there, but sometimes especially on Betfair, where you play against normal people and not experts from a betting firm, it happens more often that you can find good bets. And even more so on live betting because it happens so fast, and people make mistakes.

You can see my stat from Betfair from Dauphine.
Image


Yeah. The worst thing about it is ringing up and trying to put everything on.

Bet365 doesn't allow you to lay riders, but it's good for in-play because you don't need to ring up and mistakes happen.

Qatar, there was a head to head involving Farrar. Lots of crosswinds, he had a puncture in the last 18km, was never going to contest the sprint. Bet the other guy, easy winner.

Also in Qatar, a break away of 2, 9 minutes ahead of the peloton, 40km to go with the peloton splitting in major winds. The peloton were in three splits. Were never going to be caught and both were $6 or $7 to win the stage. Back both and you can sit back and laugh your way to the end.
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

10 Jun 2010 06:31

$50 Szymd over Cataldo @ $1.85 - You gotto wonder how Cataldo is feeling after yesterday's crash. He'll be sore.

$30 Le Mevel over Taaramae @ $1.60

$30 Van Garderen over Peraud x Van den Broeck over Millar @ $2.25
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

10 Jun 2010 15:35

Sasquatch wrote:$50 Szymd over Cataldo @ $1.85 - You gotto wonder how Cataldo is feeling after yesterday's crash. He'll be sore.

$30 Le Mevel over Taaramae @ $1.60

$30 Van Garderen over Peraud x Van den Broeck over Millar @ $2.25


+$50 on the stage
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

11 Jun 2010 03:05

Sasquatch, did you use bet365 for those awesome bets you were talking about, like the 9 minute break with 40km to go, and Farrar with a puncture at Tour of Qatar, etc. You can bet that late into the race?? sounds like a recipe for making a fortune! lol.
santacruz
Member
 
Posts: 343
Joined: 27 Apr 2010 18:35

11 Jun 2010 05:22

santacruz wrote:Sasquatch, did you use bet365 for those awesome bets you were talking about, like the 9 minute break with 40km to go, and Farrar with a puncture at Tour of Qatar, etc. You can bet that late into the race?? sounds like a recipe for making a fortune! lol.


Yes.

You just have to pay close attention to the race, the conditions etc and get lucky with odds. Opportunities like that come across sometimes. You gotto be lucky to get the right time. Yes and in most instances you can bet to the last 15km.

I think it was in the Vuelta last year. There was a sprint stage and the peloton were split. Farrar or Greipel were in the front group, but bet365 didn't know. They were paying $20 for the win. (i forget which one it was). And it got up.
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

11 Jun 2010 05:41

$25 Van Garderen over Coppel @ $2.10
$45 Sanchez over Moreau @ $1.75
$40 Le Mevel over Millar @ $1.50
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

12 Jun 2010 07:23

$40 Taaramae over Van den Broeck @ $2.25
$40 Sivtsov over Millar @ $1.85 - If Millar beats Sivtsov on a stage which features two outside category climbs then Sivtsov won't get a place in the Tour de France team. He wants a place in July, he needs to do something and be there for Van Garderen! Millar should be nowhere to be seen.
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

12 Jun 2010 09:59

Sasquatch wrote:$40 Taaramae over Van den Broeck @ $2.25
$40 Sivtsov over Millar @ $1.85 - If Millar beats Sivtsov on a stage which features two outside category climbs then Sivtsov won't get a place in the Tour de France team. He wants a place in July, he needs to do something and be there for Van Garderen! Millar should be nowhere to be seen.


Where are you getting those odds sasquatch?Having a look at bet365 and can't see that matchup. Millar beat Sivtsov by a few seconds on stage four but don't think he (millar) is as good a climber as some think.
larryduff
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 19:00

12 Jun 2010 10:20

Sportingbet

Millar only did that yesterday because the peloton went slow up the climb. I would expect him tonight to drop off the back as soon as they start the Alpe!
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

12 Jun 2010 10:40

Sasquatch wrote:Sportingbet

Millar only did that yesterday because the peloton went slow up the climb. I would expect him tonight to drop off the back as soon as they start the Alpe!


Right thanks.Considering opening an account. Live in Ireland and sometimes can be quite awkward to withdraw from some of bookies but certainly they have wider range of odds than other firms.
larryduff
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 19:00

12 Jun 2010 10:53

Sportingbet Australia just get the odds from Sportingbet England.

Both use moneybookers, so it's easy for withdrawing.
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

12 Jun 2010 11:11

Tour of Switzerland

Prologue:

$30 Sagan over Kreuziger @ $2.20

Overall

$25 Rogers @ $6

$50 Kreuziger over Kloden @ $1.85
$50 Armstrong over Spilak @ $1.85
$50 Rogers over Kreuziger @ $2.20
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

12 Jun 2010 11:24

$5 JVdB @ $32
Ferminal
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,994
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

13 Jun 2010 20:58

Anyone any thoughts on Krueziger to win GC at 7/2?
larryduff
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 19:00

14 Jun 2010 09:54

No idea

$50 Gilbert over Rodriguez @ $1.62 - Stage 3
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

14 Jun 2010 20:00

Cavendish is 6/1 to win tomorrow which looks decent value.
larryduff
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 19:00

15 Jun 2010 08:24

$80 Cav @ $3.50 (Unibet)
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

15 Jun 2010 19:19

Expensive crash :eek:

No Tour de Suisse on tv here in Belgium, stupid crisis :mad:.
Badeend
Junior Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 06 Jun 2010 12:42

20 Jun 2010 07:26

$160 Cancellara to win @ $1.60
$40 Monfort over Devolder @ $2.15
Sasquatch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,102
Joined: 16 Sep 2009 09:59

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Back to top