Register

Jonathan Vaughters guest appearance

Questions and answers with special guests.

Moderator: Red Rick

23 Feb 2012 19:57

That draws our Q&A with Jonathan to a close.

Thanks to all those who took part in the event, submitting your questions and reading along. Sorry if your question wasn't posted, we had a lot submitted. A couple crossed over themes already covered.

Finally, a big thanks to JV who gave up his morning - way more time than we expected - to join us.

We hope to bring you more of these in the future.

Dan
Managing Editor Cyclingnews.com
User avatar Daniel Benson
Administrator

24 Feb 2012 01:26

Daniel Benson wrote:That draws our Q&A with Jonathan to a close.

Just a few comments and constructive criticism before I depart CN for good.

The "idea" behind this event was a good one (I'm pretty sure I suggested something exactly like this many months ago), and I understand that there will be wrinkles to work out from a maiden voyage but...

It left me thinking, Does anyone around here have any forum experience? :confused:

1. For the life of me, I can't imagine why JV wasn't directly quoting the questions he was responding to. It makes for quite the convoluted read when trying to find the source, thereby giving continuity to the "conversation."

2. Perhaps I'm not that bright (and there's a very good chance of that) but as I far as I could tell, JV's appearance was a good hour or two off from what was advertised.

3. I don't mind so much that my own question wasn't acknowledged, (OK, that's a lie) but when I see questions from a "member" with zero prior posting history, and who has therefore contributed zero to the forum in the past, I'm left somewhat perplexed by the decision making process (although that pretty much sums up my perspective on many things around here as of late.). :rolleyes:

Au revoir
User avatar Granville57

04 Sep 2012 20:25

Where it belongs:

JV1973 wrote:And quite frankly, if you think I have fear of being blackballed by the UCI, you need to think again. I could give a ****.

Go find the minutes from any UCI advisory board meeting. There's one ******* that raises his voice over and over again. That guy is definitely blackballed. That guy is me.

So why wait 10 or so years to say anything (although not much), what was the reason? Are those meetings about who is doping, or who is not being tested? Or why the hard facts about what was going on not being followed up on? (Manzano, Jascke, Floyd confessions).

I doubt it.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

01 Sep 2015 03:47

Interesting. That bike looks very "niner-like".
QuizzicalSwin

Previous

Return to Q&A