Register

Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

18 Apr 2018 19:18

Superb ride today. Love when he goes for it and want to win with panache. On the other hand, I am afraid that if the situation is the same during the Giro, he will be satisfied with a podium place...

http://www.equipecycliste-groupama-fdj.fr/fr/actualites/thibaut-pinot-il-me-tarde-d-etre-au-giro/

A little interview on the official FDJ website. I'm not going to translate the whole thing ( sorry :o) but we can learn that he said that he beats some records during the prep stage before the Tour of the Alps.

Giro will be interesting !
User avatar Chrispol

18 Apr 2018 23:08

Chrispol wrote:Superb ride today. Love when he goes for it and want to win with panache. On the other hand, I am afraid that if the situation is the same during the Giro, he will be satisfied with a podium place...

http://www.equipecycliste-groupama-fdj.fr/fr/actualites/thibaut-pinot-il-me-tarde-d-etre-au-giro/

A little interview on the official FDJ website. I'm not going to translate the whole thing ( sorry :o) but we can learn that he said that he beats some records during the prep stage before the Tour of the Alps.

Giro will be interesting !

Some interesting stuff in this interview, but I missed the Strava ride on Etna obviously. I can't find it. Last year, I had the same conflicts: reports of a Tibopino ride, no Strava. Keeping it close to the vest, it seems :cool: .

In this interview, he's happy for O'Connor who raced smart, aggressive, and contributed to the breakaway. Class act. Thibaut sees Friday as a tough day, where things will be decided. For what it's worth, he comes across as confident, not cocky, definitely he is more mature than he was a couple of years ago. Really more confident.

Reviewing the tape, the descending was sketchy at best, he's still inconsistent there. His detractors were quick to pounce on him :D . My, my, my: if a miracle happens in May, I will rub it in their face so much. It would be so sweet ;) .

Anyway, he's a god guy and he looks really good at the moment. What a breath of fresh air. Whatever happens, after his '17 comeback in GT discussions, I feel that the '18 campaign will be really good. Tibopino is now entering his prime...
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

20 Apr 2018 13:16

6th on the day, what an embarrassment. :o

Jokes aside, this win is huge. Physically and mentally, he showed true personality and sangue freddo.
Very happy for him.

Which wine will you drink, Tonton? ;)
User avatar Alexandre B.

20 Apr 2018 13:39

Grande Pinotta! He's doing very well in Italy, Giro "it's just a shot away".
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

20 Apr 2018 13:42

Well done, rode like a boss.
Great hope for his Giro!
User avatar Climbing

20 Apr 2018 13:52

Great win! Chapeau Tibo!
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

20 Apr 2018 14:06

Alexandre B. wrote:6th on the day, what an embarrassment. :o

Jokes aside, this win is huge. Physically and mentally, he showed true personality and sangue freddo.
Very happy for him.

Which wine will you drink, Tonton? ;)

Champagne :) !

Solo la vittoria è bella...
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

20 Apr 2018 15:15

You should get some Prosecco, mate.
I'm confident for the Giro.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

20 Apr 2018 16:24

Congrats to Pinot. Pretty entertaining race.
movingtarget
Veteran

20 Apr 2018 16:26

Great win!!...Tonton must be very happy, i bet more than Tibo himself. :D
I was him
User avatar Zama_Olyas

20 Apr 2018 16:27

Hehe, Tonton. Enjoy as long as it lasts and remember Moreau in 2007 :D Astana was only in preparation mode so far :cool:
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

20 Apr 2018 16:47

Yes, great win! He may be at Giro podium.
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

20 Apr 2018 22:56

Pinot's problem is the team, if he was at Astana he would be the number one favorite for the Giro.
EroicaStradeBianche

20 Apr 2018 23:19

I could see Froome cracking in the mountains because Sky just doesn’t do very good in the Giro, Dumoulin having stomach problems, and Pinot winning.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Re:

21 Apr 2018 04:31

EroicaStradeBianche wrote:Pinot's problem is the team, if he was at Astana he would be the number one favorite for the Giro.

His main man Reichenbach is sidelined due to Moscon apparently. Otherwise there would not be a problem after his support at the Giro last year
IndianCyclist

Re:

21 Apr 2018 06:01

EroicaStradeBianche wrote:Pinot's problem is the team, if he was at Astana he would be the number one favorite for the Giro.

Chapeau Pinot! FDJ need to follow AG2R's tactics at TdF last year and be super aggressive at the Giro when it gets lumpy. He won't win sitting with the Sky train.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re: Re:

21 Apr 2018 11:52

Robert5091 wrote:

Chapeau Pinot! FDJ need to follow AG2R's tactics at TdF last year and be super aggressive at the Giro when it gets lumpy. He won't win sitting with the Sky train.

I felt that Sky Train is weaker than before.
toolittle

Re: Re:

21 Apr 2018 17:40

toolittle wrote:
Robert5091 wrote:

I felt that Sky Train is weaker than before.

Come Il Giro i think they will be monstrous as they usually are.
I was him
User avatar Zama_Olyas

03 May 2018 22:59

The legions of Pinot fans around the World have been waiting for this day. Il Giro 2018 is about to begin.

Before it even starts, here's my chart for my post in three and a half weeks: in the "Rate the 2018 Giro" thread:

1 Point: Pinot>Aru. It's been out there for a long time. Now is the time to settle the issue.
1 Point: Tibopino wears the pink jersey. I need a temporary change of avatar ;) .
1 Point: Thibaut wins a stage.
1 Point: Il Grandissimo wins more than one stage.
1 Point: Thinard Pinault triumphs atop Zoncolan.
1 Point: Froome doesn't win Il Giro.
5 Points: TP is on the final podium.
10 Points: Thibaut Pinot gagne le Tour d'Italie! Victory! Prosecco time :D !!! I will over-indulge, I swear...

Just because Netserk will read it and the 8 rule (although it has exceptions) remains the rule, podium, Froome doesn't win, and Pinot>Aru would make a great 8. Add a stage, please...OK, I'm starting t be greedy :cool: .

As the official Tibopino fanboy in the forum, no doubt that if things don't go well, I will be devastated. But I trust Thibaut to perform well on a course that suits him, with the post-Alps confidence that he must feel, against a very strong field. As long as he has no bad luck, Il Grandissimo Tibopino will be a factor, he will give Froome and Dumoulin a run for their money and hopefully more.
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

03 May 2018 23:16

Hope you don't mind if I jump on the Pinot bandwagon for the Giro. :) Of the GC guys here he's definitely my favorite.
User avatar Koronin

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing