Register

Enric Mas Rising Star

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

17 Jun 2018 14:22

Only 8 seconds from the podium in the end. Pretty good TT!
A top-10 at the Vuelta seems likely at this point, and even top-5 is possible.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Enric Mas Rising Star

18 Jun 2018 01:02

He should ride for the win. He’s got the talent.
User avatar perico

18 Jun 2018 14:29

perico wrote:He should ride for the win. He’s got the talent.

But not the team. Qs cant defend a jersey in the mountains. Or do you expect Serry, Knox and Capecchi to suddenly control the peloton when the road goes up?
User avatar Akuryo

18 Jun 2018 20:11

Akuryo wrote:

But not the team. Qs cant defend a jersey in the mountains. Or do you expect Serry, Knox and Capecchi to suddenly control the peloton when the road goes up?

Alaphilippe, Vakoc, De Plus, Devenyns and Jungles are pretty good climbers, right?
Cinemaniak

19 Jun 2018 03:46

Cinemaniak wrote:
Akuryo wrote:

Alaphilippe, Vakoc, De Plus, Devenyns and Jungles are pretty good climbers, right?

Alaphilippe is a puncheur, not a climber, Vakoc, De Plus and Devenyns were all pretty much injured nonstop this year and Jungels is the captain for the Tour. :o
User avatar Akuryo

19 Jun 2018 17:38

Akuryo wrote:
Cinemaniak wrote:
Akuryo wrote:

Alaphilippe is a puncheur, not a climber, Vakoc, De Plus and Devenyns were all pretty much injured nonstop this year and Jungels is the captain for the Tour. :o

I don't see why Jungels couldn't also ride the Vuelta and help Mas.
User avatar cellardoor

19 Jun 2018 18:21

cellardoor wrote:
Akuryo wrote:
Cinemaniak wrote:
Akuryo wrote:

I don't see why Jungels couldn't also ride the Vuelta and help Mas.

Still, that is only one reliable helper. You may not need a strong team to finish top 5 but for a win/podium, a great team is almost always necessary. And as much as I like Quickstep, mountain support is not their strong suit.
User avatar Akuryo

20 Jun 2018 00:06

Hmmm... it’s possible. I guess I missed Jesus pacing the leaders up the steep climbs in 2014, and nobody else from Tinkoff-Saxo was anywhere near the front that year.
User avatar perico

27 Jun 2018 13:54

I feared that after the good June he had, QS might take him to the Tour. Glad it didn't happen, cause this way he can go full ham on the Vuelta! But what will the team look like besides Mas? I expect something like Hodeg, Jakobsen, Serry, Devenyns, Capecchi and maybe De Plus, if his recovery goes along as nicely as it did so far. Last spot could be Keisse as a road captain, since he will miss the Tour. That would be a fairly balanced team with 2 neo pro sprinters, but also lots of experience and decent support for Enric! I know, the Tour hasn't even started and here I am speculating about a Vuelta squad but I am really excited for Mas.
User avatar Akuryo

27 Jun 2018 16:35

Viviani will ride the Vuelta - QS may take a neo-pro to the Vuelta - They won't take two.
yaco

27 Jun 2018 17:10

In that case Sabatini is a lock, too.
User avatar Akuryo

17 Jul 2018 01:36

It had a reason why he moved from Mallorca to Andorra :)

"Entrenando en altura en Andorra / High-altitude training in Andorra"
User avatar Akuryo

17 Jul 2018 07:31

I expect something like Hodeg, Jakobsen, Serry, Devenyns, Capecchi and maybe De Plus,

Surely not both of them? It's a bit of competition between them I fear. Jakobsen being the bigger talent and (classic) pure, raw sprinting ability and Hodeg more of a 'Freire' perhaps.
Cinemaniak

Previous

Return to Professional road racing