Register

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

17 May 2018 16:25

movingtarget wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:What's the Yates' stance on riding against each other?
In other words; could the team lose one, but not the other?

I think there is an argument for saying that the Schleck brothers derailed their careers by riding together. Of course they would never admit that but their tactics were all over the place often affected by being unwilling to ride away from each other. If there were tandem races well it might have worked. There used to be tandem races on the track years ago which were pretty weird to watch !

I think there is a difference between riding against each other (on different teams) and one riding for the other (on the same team)
The Schleck brothers' main issue seemed to be that they were more concerned about getting on the podium together, than letting one sacrifice himself in order to help the other win.

Yes the sacrifice part was a tough one for them..........

Yeah but Andy was still young. His career ended just about the time he was going to enter his peak with that crash. We’ll never know what would’ve happened had he not been injured.
User avatar perico

17 May 2018 16:52

perico wrote:[quote="

Yeah but Andy was still young. His career ended just about the time he was going to enter his peak with that crash. We’ll never know what would’ve happened had he not been injured.

Museeuw recovered from a much serious injury and came back winning Roubaix. Armstrong recovered from cancer, etc
Andy took a credible excuse to quit pro cycling, nothing bad if you ask me
EroicaStradeBianche

10 Jun 2018 03:38

Trentin will return from his broken vertebra at Adriatica Ionica.
He will likely miss national championship and the Tour but if he has recovered well he could be in good shape for Poland and Eneco or, at least, for the Vuelta.
Nirvana

Re:

10 Jun 2018 06:38

Nirvana wrote:Trentin will return from his broken vertebra at Adriatica Ionica.
He will likely miss national championship and the Tour but if he has recovered well he could be in good shape for Poland and Eneco or, at least, for the Vuelta.

Trentin is definitely riding the Vuelta - He could snag a one or two stages.
yaco

10 Jun 2018 07:04

He said that he still doesn't know where he'll ride after Adriatica Ionica because the injury messed up his program and he needs to find out at what point is his form and how he feels in race condition.
Nirvana

10 Jun 2018 11:33

Nice start from Lucas Hamilton at the Dauphine, he's been one of the better non-sky climbing domestiques so far.
Pirazziattacks

Re:

10 Jun 2018 13:37

Nirvana wrote:He said that he still doesn't know where he'll ride after Adriatica Ionica because the injury messed up his program and he needs to find out at what point is his form and how he feels in race condition.

Absolutely correct - But the aim is for him to ride the Vuelta - I'm assuming he must be riding the Adriatico Ionica for an Italian team which is a good starting point.
yaco

Re:

10 Jun 2018 13:39

Pirazziattacks wrote:Nice start from Lucas Hamilton at the Dauphine, he's been one of the better non-sky climbing domestiques so far.

Hamilton has done real well and has been around the final in three of the four mountain stages - It's likely he may usurp Power as the leader in the Tour of Utah.
yaco

12 Jun 2018 06:12

Does anyone know the composition of the 2018 tour squad for MS? I gather that A. Yates is in for sure with Ewan, Mezgec and Kluge. Not sure who is going to give mountain support to Yates, maybe Howson, Verona, Power or Hamilton. Impey seems like a starter and is in good form. Durbridge and Meyer seem to be underdone but they would be great for the TTT. Edmondson or Hepburn could be the power riders. Have a feel that they aren't going to take either of the oldies in Albasini or Hayman. If Hayman doesn 't go, who would they make the Captain on the road?
Wilba60

12 Jun 2018 07:28

Think i posted a possible TDF Squad a few months ago. Certainties are Yates, Howson, Ewan, Mezgec, Impey and Bauer. The remaining riders from Hepburn, Kluge, Hepburn and Hayman. They will have a good squad for the sprints and the TTT.
yaco

Re:

22 Jun 2018 05:23

yaco wrote:Think i posted a possible TDF Squad a few months ago. Certainties are Yates, Howson, Ewan, Mezgec, Impey and Bauer. The remaining riders from Hepburn, Kluge, Hepburn and Hayman. They will have a good squad for the sprints and the TTT.

Or not.

There's a suggestion on the Ewan thread that they still have a sprint train, despite not actually having the sprinter they were hired to lead out any more. Any ideas who might replace him?
Leinster

22 Jun 2018 10:02

Leinster wrote:
yaco wrote:Think i posted a possible TDF Squad a few months ago. Certainties are Yates, Howson, Ewan, Mezgec, Impey and Bauer. The remaining riders from Hepburn, Kluge, Hepburn and Hayman. They will have a good squad for the sprints and the TTT.

Or not.

There's a suggestion on the Ewan thread that they still have a sprint train, despite not actually having the sprinter they were hired to lead out any more. Any ideas who might replace him?

Maybe they upsize to a Gorilla?
User avatar swuzzlebubble

22 Jun 2018 11:10

Leinster wrote:

Or not.

Reckon my post was on the money - It was a last minute change of direction.
yaco

24 Jun 2018 10:05

So Mitchelton Scott sign a deal for Pirelli to be their tyre sponsor - Have to expect with Pirelli's expertise they will provide an effective working product - Thought the most interesting thing was S.Yates at the launch which suggests he will renew his contract
yaco

24 Jun 2018 13:26

Well if Inter Milan is anything to go by that sponsorship will last them a while
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do"
User avatar bob.a.feet

24 Jun 2018 22:46

yaco wrote:

I’d like to see Ewan, Trentin and Verona or Kreuziger as the main riders for La Vuelta. Ewan could clean up, Trentin has had good form but an unlucky year and Kreuziger has worked selflessly since moving and is still riding well.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

25 Jun 2018 04:23

42x16ss wrote:
yaco wrote:

I’d like to see Ewan, Trentin and Verona or Kreuziger as the main riders for La Vuelta. Ewan could clean up, Trentin has had good form but an unlucky year and Kreuziger has worked selflessly since moving and is still riding well.

Ewan is no chance of riding the Vuelta - Trentin will ride if fit, while Verona is a near certainty - Unsure about Kreuziger but it will be a GC focused team. Anyway it's great to see Hepburn rewarded for his consistency by getting a ride in the TDF.
yaco

26 Jul 2018 12:06

Power and Simon Yates 1-2 at Prueba Villafranca-Ordiziako Klasika

First pro win
del1962
Veteran

26 Jul 2018 16:22

Well Ewan and Mezgec have been entered for the Vuelta and Ewan is desperate to get a GT into his legs - Notice that Ewan is a late withdrawal from Ride London on Sunday.
yaco

Re:

26 Jul 2018 16:26

yaco wrote:Well Ewan and Mezgec have been entered for the Vuelta and Ewan is desperate to get a GT into his legs - Notice that Ewan is a late withdrawal from Ride London on Sunday.

I assume because Chaves wont ride? I think I read somewhere that there still is something wrong. That pretty lucke for Ewan if thats the case.

Si is obviously gonna ride, but is Adam? Guy has failed 3 straight GTs in a row. At least Simon Yates won 3 stages in the process of bonking - overall, a much more likeable rider as well.
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing