Register

Carlton kirby - has to go !!

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

28 Aug 2017 04:26

Cycle Chic wrote:annother of Kirbys insulting attributes is the way he belittles the country's landmarks. Its pretty obvious that the country sends the tv broadcaster a sheet of the noted landmarks that the villages and towns want advertised. Kirby then belittles the landmark and makes insulting jokes about why they are being pointed out.

That is geniunly funny though.

A bit wierd that no one (Eurosport) do anything about it though. I think it's a cycling commentators job to tell you abit about these places. Sometimes he doesn't even know anything it seems. Wonder if he throw the papers away when he gets them. :D
User avatar Kafviar

Re: Carlton kirby - has to go !!

13 May 2018 12:32

oh God get Kirby off the tv - TERRY WOGAN, ALAN PARTRIDGE WANNABE
User avatar Cycle Chic

Re: Carlton kirby - has to go !!

13 May 2018 16:23

Cycle Chic wrote:oh God get Kirby off the tv - TERRY WOGAN, ALAN PARTRIDGE WANNABE

Dreadful today ......

His salavatign over Froome and how Froome was playing a blinder was dilusional at best ...downright insane at worst
HelloDolly

13 May 2018 19:50

I know Kirby is bad, but I keep the volume on because he's like an excited, drunk fan adding to the atmosphere. Today I had to mute it. Sat here in silence, listening to the hum of my refrigerator instead.
More Strides than Rides

13 May 2018 20:44

There is a formal petition to get Kirby out of Eurosport cycling commentary

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/get-rid-of-carlton-kirby

Thus far has been gaining about twenty signatures per day
Kirby is particularly a disgrace to Britain, and it's hard to imagine that there is a Kirby 'yobbo' fanbase so powerful that Eurosport can't afford to get rid of him.

I accidentally heard Kirby shrieking today when switching channels as the live-stream dropped during the final kilometers. "Is it a grimace...or a smile ... THIS MAN ! THE SMILING ASSASSIN ! aaaaAhhhghhffasgAaaa !"
ClassicomanoLuigi

13 May 2018 22:31

Nothing has made watching cycling more challenging than this childish, overly-excitable cretin. I live my life with the prospect of him either retiring or being fired in the near future- the mere thought of this provides me with motivation for my day. He is always awful, but this Giro he has been even more insufferable than usual.
therealthing

14 May 2018 10:47

Rob Hatch and Kelly was the perfect Giro combination, get that clown off the TV.
"I have seen many lean riders in the peloton, but very few Tour winners."
User avatar Pantani Attacks

16 May 2018 14:05

This thread is still active after 7 years and the original poster is still around and still advocating. Amazing. Has such a phenomenon ever occurred before on CN?
User avatar wirral

Re:

17 May 2018 23:20

wirral wrote:This thread is still active after 7 years and the original poster is still around and still advocating. Amazing. Has such a phenomenon ever occurred before on CN?

Eurosport still unconvinced.........it's a bit like the moon landing.
movingtarget
Veteran

Re:

17 May 2018 23:31

More Strides than Rides wrote:I know Kirby is bad, but I keep the volume on because he's like an excited, drunk fan adding to the atmosphere. Today I had to mute it. Sat here in silence, listening to the hum of my refrigerator instead.

I sooooo totally agree with your first sentence. And I miss him to an extend, as I rely on streams, I don't get him, and even watch Israeli TV when I have to. :o
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

18 May 2018 01:04

Some while ago, as the peloton was cruising sedately through a remote forest, Kirby's mind drifted (as it often does) to thoughts of restaurants, food, and the delights of wild boar casserole. Of course, being a 'game' meat, wild boar has to be 'hung' for a period of time and he conceded that the flavour could be rather too strong at times. He concluded that it probably all depended on how 'well hung' the boar had been . . . I shall miss this type of humour after the Eurosport directors receive the petition with it's dozens of signatures.

I was recently briefly watching a Eurosport motorcycling broadcast (or was it cars?) and you'll never guess who the excited commentator was! However, I then realised his main value to Eurosport . . he can effortlessly cover any sport . . just inert a new battery, then press the button and off he goes.
Vince
Newly Registered Member

06 Jul 2018 05:46

Kirby has completely lost it. Look at his tweets since Froome was cleared. He's not even trying to hide his bias anymore, he's gone full fanboy.

"I guess it’s time to get on with being The Greatest !"
https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1013718632101220353

"Why not celebrate the great news that @chrisfroome ‘s @giroditalia win is just fine and dandy by treating yourself to a record of the great race. Just 150 signed and numbered Kirby Codecs for Giro101 available @Ride_Velo ...shame not to!"
https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1013758331759091712

"Zoom in on stage 19. What a day that was! ....all fair and square too don’t forget. “Rare and wondrous” ...miss spelled in the excitement!"
https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1014044409116184576

"It is indeed remarkable how quiet so many @chrisfroome accusers have become. They should at least have the guts to apologise if only for the safety and well-being of any @LeTour riders about to suffer insults and worse from those who have been, and remain, ill informed"
https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1014913883323105281

And these gems:
".mmmm. Some people accuse me of being a SKY hater... could you all get together and sort it out?"
https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1013756859625467904

"You’re aptly named Dick"
https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1014974459214794755

Feel sorry for those who will have to endure his nonsense for the next 3 weeks.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

06 Jul 2018 06:08

He's hilarious. Don't forget that he gets all emotional about great efforts from other teams/nations/riders than SKY and Froome. He's flippin useless with calling things at the sharp end of a race ... but his real value comes on those long tedious sprint stages where nothing happens and he can regale us with tales of travelling Europe in his camper van or whatever. I like him BECAUSE he is Partridge.... i just turn the sound down if he gets annoying.
User avatar armchairclimber

Previous

Return to Professional road racing