Log in:  

Register

Eurosport commentary

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

06 Sep 2017 12:28

TMP402 wrote:Today Carlton made some random comment about Froome's "perfect teeth".

Well maybe they qualify as 'perfect teeth' by British standards..!

It's a joke, guys :idea:
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,137
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

06 Sep 2017 13:33

the delgados wrote:
TMP402 wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:I'm almost convinced the delgados actually is Kirby. He must be. If not, this mancrush on a middle-aged, balding cycling commentator is just plain creepy!


I think it's a really dedicated but low-quality attempt at satire.


Ouch! That was a real zinger.
At least my mom thinks I'm funny.


I figured you don't have much social interaction with women. :lol:
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 1,365
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

Re: Re:

06 Sep 2017 16:26

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
the delgados wrote:
TMP402 wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:I'm almost convinced the delgados actually is Kirby. He must be. If not, this mancrush on a middle-aged, balding cycling commentator is just plain creepy!


I think it's a really dedicated but low-quality attempt at satire.


Ouch! That was a real zinger.
At least my mom thinks I'm funny.


I figured you don't have much social interaction with women. :lol:


Ha!
Good one!
Much more interesting than the braying hounds who come here merely to repeat lines from Carlton Kirby that they don't like
That's about as stimulating as dry toast.
User avatar the delgados
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 02 May 2009 02:38
Location: Toronto

07 Sep 2017 15:25

Kirby: "Lutsenko looks like he has the power of donuts"
User avatar TMP402
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,244
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

Re:

07 Sep 2017 21:17

TMP402 wrote:Kirby: "Lutsenko looks like he has the power of donuts"


It was actually 'doughnuts' :cool:
User avatar London Hibs
Junior Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 06 Jun 2015 20:31

Re:

07 Sep 2017 21:32

TMP402 wrote:Kirby: "Lutsenko looks like he has the power of donuts"

This is the material I want in the commentatorballs thread
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,825
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Re: Re:

07 Sep 2017 21:53

Brullnux wrote:
TMP402 wrote:Kirby: "Lutsenko looks like he has the power of donuts"

This is the material I want in the commentatorballs thread


Really? I came away with the opinion that commentatorballs was supposed to be amusing mistakes or spoonerisms, etc, rather than merely "**** Carlton says".
User avatar TMP402
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,244
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

Re:

08 Sep 2017 03:13

TMP402 wrote:Kirby: "Lutsenko looks like he has the power of donuts"



Ladies and Gentlemen: Let's have a round of applause in appreciation of TMP90210, shall we? Bravo, TMP!
The amount of dedication T has put in to bringing Carlton Kirby's mishaps to light is truly astounding.
TMP has gone above and beyond the amount of work that anyone would be expected to highlight the massive injustices brought on by Carlton Kirby. Think of the amount of time he must have invested in listening to the guy.
TMP deserves a never-ending amount of gratitude from folks all around the world or shielding us from Carlton Kirby.
TMP90210 listens to CK so you don't have to.
Godspeed, TPM!
User avatar the delgados
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 02 May 2009 02:38
Location: Toronto

Re: Re:

08 Sep 2017 17:41

TMP402 wrote:
Brullnux wrote:
TMP402 wrote:Kirby: "Lutsenko looks like he has the power of donuts"

This is the material I want in the commentatorballs thread


Really? I came away with the opinion that commentatorballs was supposed to be amusing mistakes or spoonerisms, etc, rather than merely "**** Carlton says".

Yes but there is also the aspect of stupid comments. Like in Glenn Hoddle (I believe) who commented recently on someone who was "literally setting the game on fire"). I think saying someone has the power of doughnuts qualifies. The dumb **** Carlton says is normally just cycling related dumb, rather than purely dumb.
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,825
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Re: Re:

08 Sep 2017 17:46

the delgados wrote:
TMP402 wrote:Kirby: "Lutsenko looks like he has the power of donuts"



Ladies and Gentlemen: Let's have a round of applause in appreciation of TMP90210, shall we? Bravo, TMP!
The amount of dedication T has put in to bringing Carlton Kirby's mishaps to light is truly astounding.
TMP has gone above and beyond the amount of work that anyone would be expected to highlight the massive injustices brought on by Carlton Kirby. Think of the amount of time he must have invested in listening to the guy.
TMP deserves a never-ending amount of gratitude from folks all around the world or shielding us from Carlton Kirby.
TMP90210 listens to CK so you don't have to.
Godspeed, TPM!


The funniest thing is someone posted in the stage 18 thread ( not TMP ) that Kirby got it wrong when he went for Lutsenko in the final - What the poster didn't say was both Kirby and Kelly selected Lutsenko which was a glaring omission by the poster - And in fact during stage 19, Kelly was bemoaning that he wrongly selected Lutsenko for the final in stage 18.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,185
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

09 Sep 2017 15:17

It's just taken Kirby a solid 5 minutes to realise that Contador's trio was 40 seconds IN FRONT of Froome and not behind- despite the coverage clearly showing the time gaps. This man needs to go.
therealthing
Junior Member
 
Posts: 118
Joined: 27 Apr 2016 19:54

Re:

09 Sep 2017 15:59

therealthing wrote:It's just taken Kirby a solid 5 minutes to realise that Contador's trio was 40 seconds IN FRONT of Froome and not behind- despite the coverage clearly showing the time gaps. This man needs to go.


I think that was more Kelly's fault, actually
William H
Member
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 25 May 2009 12:36

09 Sep 2017 16:00

"Zakarin managed to secure a podium place by.. BELIEVING"
CyclingEnthusiast
Junior Member
 
Posts: 253
Joined: 17 Apr 2014 17:24

09 Sep 2017 16:08

Kirby voice wobbled at one point and had to stop commentating. Wiping away the tears. I like him now. Doesn't make up for all the nonsence he talks though.
Strawberry_Jams
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: 29 Apr 2017 20:16
Location: Northampton

Re:

09 Sep 2017 16:13

Strawberry_Jams wrote:Kirby voice wobbled at one point and had to stop commentating. Wiping away the tears. I like him now. Doesn't make up for all the nonsence he talks though.


The wobble was about Froome winning though right?
User avatar StephenC2020
Junior Member
 
Posts: 261
Joined: 31 Dec 2015 14:20

Re: Re:

09 Sep 2017 17:47

StephenC2020 wrote:
Strawberry_Jams wrote:Kirby voice wobbled at one point and had to stop commentating. Wiping away the tears. I like him now. Doesn't make up for all the nonsence he talks though.


The wobble was about Froome winning though right?


That's my memory, yes.
User avatar TMP402
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,244
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

11 Sep 2017 05:58

edited
Last edited by argyllflyer on 18 Sep 2017 07:01, edited 5 times in total.
argyllflyer
Member
 
Posts: 1,395
Joined: 06 Apr 2012 20:55

11 Sep 2017 06:02

Yesterday Stephens was constantly mistaking Sergio Henao for his cousin.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,720
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 07:22

StephenC2020 wrote:
Strawberry_Jams wrote:Kirby voice wobbled at one point and had to stop commentating. Wiping away the tears. I like him now. Doesn't make up for all the nonsence he talks though.


The wobble was about Froome winning though right?


It was a wobble as he had run out of Kleenex for his Dawg party.
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,220
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re:

11 Sep 2017 09:28

Alexandre B. wrote:Yesterday Stephens was constantly mistaking Sergio Henao for his cousin.


How is that even possible? Sergio is wearing Colombian national jersey, Sebastian isn't.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,173
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Back to top