Register

Eurosport commentary

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

13 Oct 2011 17:23

Parrulo wrote:oh my now thats pathetic. . . .

i doubt he knows a word of english so i think we are safe here :p

i must be honest tho i do like luis piçarra

I do like Luis Piçarra too. He's an intelligent, thoughtful person, and he's clearly learned a lot about cycling through the years.

Sometimes I feel for him, having to put up with Martins' crap. Especially with Martins refusing to ever admit to being wrong no matter how obviously he's been found out.
issoisso

Location: Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!.......or something...

13 Oct 2011 17:40

sublimit wrote:I love the Dutch commentators - even though I have no idea what they are talking about most of the time..but it just sounds right.

The commentary on Cav winning M-S-R I could understand the names of Haussler and Cav and the Oooohh photo finish, photo finish! Top quality stuff.
:cool:

Belgian who keep repeating "status quo" during the tdf is my fav.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran

15 Oct 2011 19:33

So what did we all think of David ' i,ll speak for 95% of the time Magnus because I know more than you ' Harmon today on Tour of Lombardy ??

and did we all enjoy his laughter and mockery of Oliver Zaugg ?

If only it was possible to mute him and not Magnus Backstedt.
User avatar Cycle Chic

15 Oct 2011 19:35

Harmon is a bit of a tool but at least he can identify the riders on the screen. I watched Paris Tours on Versus and it wasn't until the last 5k that Sherwen and Roll realised it was GVA in the break ffs.
User avatar bicycle_rack

15 Oct 2011 19:36

Cycle Chic wrote:So what did we all think of David ' i,ll speak for 95% of the time Magnus because I know more than you ' Harmon today on Tour of Lombardy ??

and did we all enjoy his laughter and mockery of Oliver Zaugg ?

If only it was possible to mute him and not Magnus Backstedt.

what are you talking about :S he was not mocking zaugg in anyway :S well i think you cant be serious so carry on..... But it is obvious why every sport has a professional comemntator next to a pro sportsmen... talking for the whole event is a lot different from performing the event so you need a pro talker next to an expert. which is what every sport I have ever heard does because it makes the most sense and it is the best way to do it.
semi literate sausige
User avatar palmerq

15 Oct 2011 21:25

issoisso wrote:I do like Luis Piçarra too. He's an intelligent, thoughtful person, and he's clearly learned a lot about cycling through the years.

Sometimes I feel for him, having to put up with Martins' crap. Especially with Martins refusing to ever admit to being wrong no matter how obviously he's been found out.

Not to mention Martins' outright awful grammatical skills when he's caught red handed (and even when he isn't!). At least he isn't salivating after Cunego nowadays.
Fundertaker

Track Commentary

08 Apr 2012 09:33

So we,ve had to 'suffer suffer suffer David Harmon's repetitions repetitions repetitions which have now infected Tony Gibb Gibb Gibb.....and now we have Carlton Kirby shouting the Grand National Horseracing commentary on every race in the World Track Champs.

I,ve restrained myself up til now as Harmon does seem to have improved in the Road Racing commentary.
User avatar Cycle Chic

08 Apr 2012 09:46

It is annoying when people keep repeating themselves.
hatcher

08 Apr 2012 10:55

hatcher wrote:It is annoying when people keep repeating themselves.

The computer is smarter than me Bjarne, I no need to understand computer it need understand me - Carlos Sastre in Overcoming
RIP - Swordsman
RIP - Craig1985

Wallace wrote:In Lance's prime, you could take all the drugs you wanted, whenever you wanted. Ah, those were the days... If you put Contador on the program Lance was on in his prime, it would be like watching a bicycle duct-taped to the space shuttle go up the alps. You have to factor all that in when figuring out which one is the most talented
User avatar El Imbatido

New commentator

08 May 2012 20:29

WOW !! cant let this one go - a different commentator for Eurosport for Quatre Jours de Dunkerque.....with Brian Smith. Didnt see who he is though.

How nice to hear someone who can speak french and who pronounces riders names correctly. Anyone / thing is better than dingbat Carlton Kirby. Well done Eurosport !
User avatar Cycle Chic

08 May 2012 20:42

Cycle Chic wrote:WOW !! cant let this one go - a different commentator for Eurosport for Quatre Jours de Dunkerque.....with Brian Smith. Didnt see who he is though.

How nice to hear someone who can speak french and who pronounces riders names correctly. Anyone / thing is better than dingbat Carlton Kirby. Well done Eurosport !

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
User avatar Richeypen

08 May 2012 20:55

Cycle Chic wrote: How nice to hear someone who can speak french and who pronounces riders names correctly. Anyone / thing is better than dingbat Carlton Kirby. Well done Eurosport !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ru3vGR8nck
DominicDecoco

08 May 2012 20:58

you are obviously really happy with crap commentators or you dont cycle.
User avatar Cycle Chic

08 May 2012 21:02

Cycle Chic wrote:you are obviously really happy with crap commentators or you dont cycle.

DominicDecoco

08 May 2012 21:03

Cycle Chic wrote:you are obviously really happy with crap commentators or you dont cycle.

DominicDecoco

08 May 2012 21:19

Cycle Chic wrote:WOW !! cant let this one go - a different commentator for Eurosport for Quatre Jours de Dunkerque.....with Brian Smith. Didnt see who he is though.

Anthony McCrossan started the 4 Days... off then was replaced by some guy who I hadn't seen before for the Sun-Tues stages, the surname was hyphenated I thought (something Bass?) and his first name was John or Jonathan. But I've deleted the programme and google is being unhelpful, probably because the name is wrong! :D
argyllflyer

08 May 2012 21:48

argyllflyer wrote:Anthony McCrossan started the 4 Days... off then was replaced by some guy who I hadn't seen before for the Sun-Tues stages, the surname was hyphenated I thought (something Bass?) and his first name was John or Jonathan. But I've deleted the programme and google is being unhelpful, probably because the name is wrong! :D

it was Jon Harris-Bass
Boardslide

09 May 2012 07:18

Johnathon Harris-Bass
The computer is smarter than me Bjarne, I no need to understand computer it need understand me - Carlos Sastre in Overcoming
RIP - Swordsman
RIP - Craig1985

Wallace wrote:In Lance's prime, you could take all the drugs you wanted, whenever you wanted. Ah, those were the days... If you put Contador on the program Lance was on in his prime, it would be like watching a bicycle duct-taped to the space shuttle go up the alps. You have to factor all that in when figuring out which one is the most talented
User avatar El Imbatido

09 May 2012 08:15

The Hitch wrote:Harmonn switched at the Zubeldia question saying " Because hes done absolutely nothing, like 150 other riders" and then for the next 5 minutes recited from memory presumably, riders at the Tour whom he also hasnt mentioned

" I havent for example mentioned David Moncoutie, Or Jermome Coppell or Dmitri Fofonov. I havent mentioned Amael Moinard or..." going through at least a dozen riders.

poor woman, just wanted to ask a question, but it was still quite funny.

Sorry for responding so late to the OP but wouldn't Moinard have done something by that stage which makes his point wrong???
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge
Veteran

09 May 2012 10:38

Fingers crossed that Carlton is back for California next week.
User avatar Bernie's eyesore

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing