Register

Wiggins Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

04 Jun 2013 19:02

Jelantik wrote:Radioshack? hmm ..maybe. He and andy can go to wet descent summer camp together, holding hand, and chanting...kumbaaaayaaaaa my loooorddd.. kumbaaayaaaaa...:D

very funny!!!! :D:D:D
User avatar ThirdWorld

04 Jun 2013 22:33

maxmartin wrote:but psychologically JV might still feel hurt, plus they are quite stingy on the money

Well JV is willing to take him back on one condition

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 19s

@martinpmcevoy Sure! But I'd need to be allowed to beat him, KGB style, a bit, first. Just a bit.
Cyivel

04 Jun 2013 22:52

ThirdWorld wrote:very funny!!!! :D:D:D

Boonen
O' Grady
The Schlecks
Wiggo

Sponsor: Heineken.

Cippolini New DS

New team. New sponsors. New gains !
User avatar Pulpstar

04 Jun 2013 23:35

Pulpstar wrote:Boonen
O' Grady
The Schlecks
Wiggo

Cippolini New DS

I'll back this team. Should we create an hype thread for it?
Who else deserves a place on this team?
Johnnie Walker for obvious reasons.
User avatar trevim

04 Jun 2013 23:59

Depending on how much money Belkin bring to the table what about Blanco?
Mollema and/or Gesink would be good additions for a train
richard_91

05 Jun 2013 02:49

Pulpstar wrote:Boonen
O' Grady
The Schlecks
Wiggo

Cippolini New DS

Laughing like mad right now.

Cippo as DS ... love it!

On another note - Wiggo is the gift that keeps giving (gas that is)
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper

05 Jun 2013 04:02

Ripper wrote:Cippo as DS ... love it!

"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

05 Jun 2013 05:08

BroDeal wrote:Image

Priceless!

Could you imagine Cippo yelling at Wiggo to attack with panache?

Then there's the offseason photos ... Cippo would be wondering what the F Wiggs is wearing.
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper

12 Jun 2013 02:35

haha that bit about cippo cracked me up. the bike hanging out of the mini is ridiculous. I think it all depends on froome in the tour. wiggins deserves to stay with sky but froome is top dog atm and knows it so is using it to his advantage. I think if froome wins, then wiggins may sign with cannondale. Cannondale have no gc contednders and are still developing their future gc riders, so wiggins would fit in alright until the young Italians are ready in a few years time, and wiggins will too old then anyway. frankly sky are stupid to discard a tour winner like wiggins. In a year or too when porte is developed he could face the same problem wiggins is facing with froome
nick101

16 Jun 2013 02:34

A sad day when articles like this are PUBLISHED -
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-wiggins-marginalised-as-froome-goes-from-strength-to-strength

SBW deserves better
Mr. McQ

16 Jun 2013 02:40

Meh, he brought this on himself.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

16 Jun 2013 03:13

wouldn't leaving sky to join another team and ride against Froome next year provide him all the motivation he needs?
_nm___

16 Jun 2013 03:14

i still think that given 1 flat time trial he can beat Froome in a grand tour
_nm___

16 Jun 2013 03:23

Mr. McQ wrote:A sad day when articles like this are PUBLISHED -
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-wiggins-marginalised-as-froome-goes-from-strength-to-strength

SBW deserves better

This is exactly what the sport needs. The old guys need to go away so the sport can move on.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

16 Jun 2013 04:16

_nm___ wrote:i still think that given 1 flat time trial he can beat Froome in a grand tour

In the 53km flat TT at the end of last years Tour Wiggins only gained 1 min 16 over Froome. During the course of a 3 week race with at least 4 tough mountain stages I would back Froome to take a lot more than 1 min 16 over Wiggins in the mountains.

In the 40km TT during stage 9 he only gained 35 seconds on Froome.
User avatar Pricey_sky

16 Jun 2013 05:20

so in a tour wiggins would gain 2 minutes on froome in the tts but froome would gain a minute per mtf, so given there are usually 3 mtf's in a tour, froome would beat wiggins by 1 minute overall. the climbs at the tour really suit wiggins because they're not too steep and constant so he can just set a high tempo which minimises time losses really well. he actually climbs better than what people think, froome wouldn't gain more than a minute on him unless it was something like ventoux or alpe d'huez. so im being optimistic imo by saying froome will gain a minute per mtf on wiggins. but even then wiggins lost barely any time to contador and schleck on ventoux with multiple attacks coming from both. he's only just come into his good years since 2012 so clearly has a few left.

wiggins relies on a strong team to weaken the other riders so he is open to attacks as easily. so it'd be difficult to find another team as strong as sky if he were to move

but with sky's treatment of wiggins i'm disappointed. I don't like wiggins as a rider but I do respect him as a person. he imo, has several good years left and could win at least one or more gts so why suddenly kick him out? porte still has room to develop and wiggins is a safer bet than porte for a 3 week gt.
nick101

16 Jun 2013 06:01

Wiggins needs to forget about Grand Tours. He has always stated he does not enjoy them. He should change his focus on to stage races with 5 to 8 stages including a TT, Suisse, Basque Country, Algarve and perhaps even targetting the Tour of Beijing.

Then having complete the circular remorph by getting selected for the individual pursuit at the 2016 Olympics.
User avatar wirral

16 Jun 2013 06:23

Jelantik wrote:I also don't think that wiggins will dare to leave sky. Sky put him in a cycling history.

Where's he's going? Garmin? He'd better bend backward kiss JV's *** to get JV to take him back. Astana? another froome dejavu all over. And not to mention squeaky wheel birdsong will squeak until his wheel falls of. That's a lot harder to deal with than Froome. :D BMC? Didn't see evans rubbing elbow with him and with TVG on the raise, he's going to be a nasty thorns on wiggins's *blip blip*. QSPS? Uran will show him how to climb mountain like a columbian goat. Orica? Might as well learn how to be a lead out man for Gossy. Saxo? forget about it. Radioshack? hmm ..maybe. He and andy can go to wet descent summer camp together, holding hand, and chanting...kumbaaaayaaaaa my loooorddd.. kumbaaayaaaaa...:D

Maybe all this sooking and fussing is his take on a rock star image... we know what he really wants and that's to make a record with Paul Weller.. :p
Well, I haven't seen a decent film clip since Lionel Ritchie's "Hello" which was the battleship Potemkin of rock video clips....

Humphrey B. Flaubert of TISM
User avatar S2Sturges

16 Jun 2013 07:59

If he's leaving SKY at the end of the year, he should return to the Track, the place he belongs.
User avatar the asian

16 Jun 2013 08:04

That won't happen.

Nor is it for anyone else to say where he belongs. The guy has won the biggest prize in road cycling and is reigning Olympic road TT champion. What more could you want in the way of validation?
DirtyDennis

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing