Register

He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

Storm
19%
Snow Storm
18%
Desert Storm
17%
Tornado
20%
Nuclear Holocoust
25%

Total votes : 942

Re: Re:

11 Feb 2018 05:13

joe_papp wrote:
Koronin wrote:
joe_papp wrote:
Koronin wrote:...

This is in Spanish, but he says that he was caught by surprise when Sanchez attacked and that he did not let him win.
https://demarrajeweb.com/2018/02/10/valverde-sobre-luisleme-sorprendio/

I agree that it is silly to even suggest that Valverde would've let LLS win. He is our Spanish Cannibal. Speaking of Spanish, though, did anyone actually watch the race, or even the last 15-20km that was available as a clip via steephill? I thought the Spanish commentators were insufferable - terrible! They didn't try to build emotion or excitement...just a bunch of chatty kathys blabbering on. Very disappointed. They should've had some Colombians commentating - that would've been epic.

Well it was local TV only, so local announcers, not the normal announcers. Otherwise, the only video I've seen is video that was taken on the side of the road by fans, along with the finish line clips. Only around the last 10 or KMs was even broadcast locally so not much of the race is even aired. Most of people I know who live in Murcia were out on the side of the road watching and cheering...

Ahh ok. Didn't realize this about the coverage. Thanks for the insight.

You're welcome.
User avatar Koronin

Re: He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

11 Feb 2018 10:16

Great race today on a super tough course in very windy conditions. There were a lot of people out on the course, particularly in Cieza Rojas' home town. A much better first part of the route than in last couple of years in my opinion. A shame really that the TV coverage wasn't on that part as the scenery is amazing. I haven't watched any TV coverage yet as Kronin said most of us in Murcia were watching on the road. The local tv station 7RM have a 15 min highlight program on at 13.15 on Monday (local time ). It is Carnaval time at the moment so a lot of coverage given to that. No doubt there will be something on YouTube or the race site eventually. Kudos to all the riders who made it to the end.

I have some photos but no time at the moment to upload to the site recommended by Joe Papp.
User avatar mariposa

Re: He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

11 Feb 2018 17:46

mariposa wrote:...I have some photos but no time at the moment to upload to the site recommended by Joe Papp.
Oh you are such a tease! lol

Google Photos is also very, very easy to use. Easier than Imgur (assuming you have a Gmail acct.). That's actually the service I use to share albums of photos w/ friends and family. Hope you will eventually have time to post some images...always so nice to see unique pics from an event. cheers!
joepa

"All is ephemeral - fame and the famous as well."
* read my Twitter
User avatar joe_papp

13 Feb 2018 11:08

He isn't planned on riding Strade?

It's always nice to see him there.
User avatar Arredondo
Veteran

Re:

13 Feb 2018 21:52

Arredondo wrote:He isn't planned on riding Strade?

It's always nice to see him there.

I think it's tentatively on his calendar. He's basically only done a tentative calendar this year due to not knowing how the knee was going to react to racing. Although he has said a couple of times that his plan is to go back to a more classics heavy calendar this year compared to what he raced last year. It would make sense that Strade Bianche is on it although who knows if Milan/San Remo or Flanders is or isn't (he said Flanders is tentatively on it).
User avatar Koronin

Previous

Return to Professional road racing