Register

Tejay Van Garderen Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

30 Dec 2017 21:01

He can do well in the one week races, however, Movistar and their Spanish GC boys will have a major say on who wins the Spanish 1 week and shorter races. Swiss, California, maybe Poland are ones he could do very well at and possibly win.
User avatar Koronin

Re: Re:

31 Dec 2017 08:03

movingtarget wrote:
Urbi27 wrote:Come on, that was an example of how to say beautifully that you have stopped believing in someone. TJ will be no more GT leader and the whole season will be subordinated to Porte. Of course if Riche will have some problems in one week race and TJ will be able to gain a decent result no one will stop him. For sure he will have less freedom and less support in BMC as a leader.

Richie rarely has problems in one week races as his record shows but the GTs are where he needs TJVG to step up and give him some support. If Caruso gets dropped Porte has no one usually. Richie only has one race in his sights at the moment.

It's a bit of irony that all help the one inconsistent GT GC rider has is another inconsistent GT GC rider...
But my guts tell me that this will be the year for Porte to shine as Froome will be out. Another problem with Porte always was that he was so used to ride for Froome, that he continued to do so even after he left Sky. Now this problem could be solved.
repre

01 Jan 2018 05:17

repre wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
Urbi27 wrote:Come on, that was an example of how to say beautifully that you have stopped believing in someone. TJ will be no more GT leader and the whole season will be subordinated to Porte. Of course if Riche will have some problems in one week race and TJ will be able to gain a decent result no one will stop him. For sure he will have less freedom and less support in BMC as a leader.

Richie rarely has problems in one week races as his record shows but the GTs are where he needs TJVG to step up and give him some support. If Caruso gets dropped Porte has no one usually. Richie only has one race in his sights at the moment.

It's a bit of irony that all help the one inconsistent GT GC rider has is another inconsistent GT GC rider...
But my guts tell me that this will be the year for Porte to shine as Froome will be out. Another problem with Porte always was that he was so used to ride for Froome, that he continued to do so even after he left Sky. Now this problem could be solved.

The way Froome was attacking Porte in the Dauphine I think the whole best friend business is mostly BS. If Froome breaks away and Porte is the only one who can go with him, the chances are they are going to work together a certain amount if they want to keep the advantage. Sky and Porte critics see what they want to see.
movingtarget
Veteran

01 Jan 2018 10:25

movingtarget wrote:
repre wrote:
movingtarget wrote:

The way Froome was attacking Porte in the Dauphine I think the whole best friend business is mostly BS. If Froome breaks away and Porte is the only one who can go with him, the chances are they are going to work together a certain amount if they want to keep the advantage. Sky and Porte critics see what they want to see.

It is not like been before, but i think somewhere very deep inside Porte's head there is an instinct to work for somebody named Chriss.
repre

01 Jan 2018 11:00

movingtarget wrote:
repre wrote:
movingtarget wrote:

The way Froome was attacking Porte in the Dauphine I think the whole best friend business is mostly BS.

The way Porte reacted in interviews it was clear that the best friends thing was one sided from the beginning. I guess this relevation was no surprise for non-sky-fans.
User avatar rote_laterne

02 Jan 2018 00:02

movingtarget wrote:
repre wrote:
movingtarget wrote:

Sorry but why does froome wanting to win the Dauphine has to do anything with his relation to Porte?
drebelo

02 Jan 2018 04:07

drebelo wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
repre wrote:
movingtarget wrote:

Sorry but why does froome wanting to win the Dauphine has to do anything with his relation to Porte?

Some fans seem to think that Porte will always work for Froome implying that they don't mind helping each other. Usually it's been more to do with the circumstances of the race. Froome was not helping Porte at all in the Dauphine he contributed to Porte losing the race.
movingtarget
Veteran

10 Jan 2018 18:16

drebelo wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
repre wrote:
movingtarget wrote:

Sorry but what does this have to do with Tejay?
jmdirt

Previous

Return to Professional road racing