Register

TV coverage in the US

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

01 Jul 2012 11:20

ShawnB wrote:Why would anyone want to watch Bob Roll, live or taped?

I just want to know, since NBC's site and partners are entirely unclear about it, whether for $30 one can watch a replay of the entire stage or, failing that, a replay of the normal 2-hour TV presentation, during non-live hours?

Not a highlight reel. Not a capsule report. A couple hours of commentated (or not) coverage, on demand not live, for one's $30. Anyone actually know?

I've searched this site and many others, and nobody has a clear answer past 2011 (when the companies/services were in different hands) that I can find. The lack of straightforward info is just bizarre..

Yes, and commercial-free.
SetonHallPirate

01 Jul 2012 21:47

Thank you SetonHallPirate.

To those of you in civilized countries, my apologies for our Roll in sub-par TdF commentating.
ShawnB

Just look up Eurosport UK...

02 Jul 2012 11:24

I don't have to worry about Roll or The Mouth (Robbie Ventura) ... just go to steephill.tv and find a live Eurosport UK feed.

Or, watch the feed with mute on and listen to another audio version...
Mongolian Torque

02 Jul 2012 12:35

Mongolian Torque wrote:I don't have to worry about Roll or The Mouth (Robbie Ventura) ... just go to steephill.tv and find a live Eurosport UK feed.

Or, watch the feed with mute on and listen to another audio version...

For many in the USA live feeds occur during the workday...an iffy proposition at best watching at work :(
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

02 Jul 2012 15:06

Carols wrote:For many in the USA live feeds occur during the workday...an iffy proposition at best watching at work :(

If you want to watch after work,

http://www.cyclingtorrent.nl

sign up as a member, and you get to torrent cycling races. It is one of the few "legal" torrent sites as it just takes things off the TV, which is not as bad.

You can always find the stage by versus, eurosport, & sbs so pick your commentator!
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic

02 Jul 2012 23:33

gustienordic wrote:If you want to watch after work,

http://www.cyclingtorrent.nl

sign up as a member, and you get to torrent cycling races. It is one of the few "legal" torrent sites as it just takes things off the TV, which is not as bad.

You can always find the stage by versus, eurosport, & sbs so pick your commentator!

Thanks but I get:

Server not found error...is it spelled correctly?
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

25 Jul 2012 02:05

It goes from bad to worse :(

Got this from Universal Sports:
Effective Friday, all online live events and replays on demand will be available exclusively to DIRECTV, DISH and cable customers who have Universal Sports as part of their television package. Individual long-form events and sport packages will no longer be offered for sale online, but will be free to users who verify their subscriptions on our website. There is no additional charge for this service and a customer’s subscription will not be affected. As always, anyone who visits our website can enjoy video highlights, photos and breaking news for free without authentication.

So I have to figure out How I will get to see the Vuelta...and will no longer have access to the Giro replays. Meanwhile they credited my CC for $2.40 of the $42.50 I paid them.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

25 Jul 2012 02:13

Carols wrote:It goes from bad to worse :(

Effective Friday, all online live events and replays on demand will be available exclusively to DIRECTV, DISH and cable customers who have Universal Sports as part of their television package. Individual long-form events and sport packages will no longer be offered for sale online, but will be free to users who verify their subscriptions on our website. There is no additional charge for this service and a customer’s subscription will not be affected. As always, anyone who visits our website can enjoy video highlights, photos and breaking news for free without authentication.

So I have to figure out How I will get to see the Vuelta...and will no longer have access to the Giro replays. Meanwhile they credited my CC for $2.40 of the $42.50 I paid them.

I just can't believe this is happening.
Was thinking about the Vuelta and getting excited to plunk down $ for the great coverage....:mad:

Now what....they never responded to my request for a spring refund and now this...it was the best giro coverage too....:(
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

25 Jul 2012 04:45

mewmewmew13 wrote:I just can't believe this is happening.
Was thinking about the Vuelta and getting excited to plunk down $ for the great coverage....:mad:

Now what....they never responded to my request for a spring refund and now this...it was the best giro coverage too....:(

Well I've spent the last 2 hours figuring out how to get Dish Network here....only $100 per month to get both NBCSports (in package) and Universal (al a carte) but at least I can save it on the dvr for replays. :eek:
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

25 Jul 2012 04:50

The Universal Sports decision has me furious...and I am a customer of their parent company!
SetonHallPirate

25 Jul 2012 05:01

Carols wrote:It goes from bad to worse :(

Well that sucks. Yeah I hope I can find an alternative.
Swede1

25 Jul 2012 12:39

This is such a nightmare. Why would they want to turn away paying customers?

Now I have to scramble - I don't know anyone who subscribes to DISH, etc. How on earth to get access???
User avatar CatsNK

25 Jul 2012 13:00

No vuelta for me then.

:(
User avatar Catwhoorg

25 Jul 2012 14:39

CatsNK wrote:This is such a nightmare. Why would they want to turn away paying customers?

Now I have to scramble - I don't know anyone who subscribes to DISH, etc. How on earth to get access???

Perhaps your local sports bar?????????????
avanti

25 Jul 2012 14:48

avanti wrote:Perhaps your local sports bar?????????????

Sure if I can go to a sports bar during work hours...
User avatar CatsNK

25 Jul 2012 15:26

At least for the Olympics full coverage is planned to be available on-line providing you go though the web site of your cable or dish provider. Here is what is planned by Comcast:
xfinity.com/nbcolympics
and
http://www.nbcolympics.com/cycling/results-schedules/index.html
avanti

25 Jul 2012 16:18

CatsNK wrote:Sure if I can go to a sports bar during work hours...

"Hey Mac, can you switch that Packers game over to some cycling?":rolleyes:
[SIZE="2"]"Whoever still can't put one and one together about what happened in cycling is beyond my help."
Jan Ullrich[/SIZE]
User avatar MacRoadie

25 Jul 2012 16:23

MacRoadie wrote:"Hey Mac, can you switch that Packers game over to some cycling?":rolleyes:

Good point.

I'm going to be reduce to trying to sneak a peak of streaming while at work. Pretty difficult.
User avatar CatsNK

25 Jul 2012 16:49

MacRoadie wrote:"Hey Mac, can you switch that Packers game over to some cycling?":rolleyes:

Fortunately the olympic cycling events (and the Vuelta) are all early morning - so need to find a sports bar that serves breakfast.

But I agree that the business aspects of Universal Sports is very hard to fathom. I suspect that they are getting ready to completly change their programming (24-hour reality show anyone?).
avanti

25 Jul 2012 20:01

Well I have Dish Network and the Hopper being installed on 8/8, gives 10 days to get the kinks worked out LOL!
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing