Register

Simulated Tri-bars

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Should simulated tri-bar position be banned

Poll ended at 22 Apr 2012 06:57

ban the simulated tri-bar position
10%
allow short tri-bars in road events
15%
allow the simulated tri-bar position
74%

Total votes : 39

14 Apr 2012 17:09

Caruut wrote:If I made a thread saying "Did Hitler ever ride professionally?", it would get hits, but I'd still be a moron.

What's that internet law that no matter what the subect is `Hitler' will at some point be mentioned in a forum thread?
Hawkwood

14 Apr 2012 18:56

Godwin's Law
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1
andrew_s

14 Apr 2012 19:37

Shady87 wrote:'The importance of crank lenghth to the cyclist' has over 61,000 views, 1200 replies, doesn't make it a good thread.

40,000 of those views are by the spammer Frank Day trying to sell his Power Crank snake oil and 20,000 are by his nemesis, Coach Fergie, leaving about 1000 legitimate views.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

14 Apr 2012 19:41

So what happens down in aussie-land when someone at the back of a group sits up no-handed to stretch for a second? Do you just shoot him right there and throw his corpse to the side of the road for the all the feral cats to feed on or does he get the dignity of a trial first?
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

14 Apr 2012 19:59

andrew_s wrote:Godwin's Law

That pic is pretty funny though :D
burning

14 Apr 2012 22:28

BroDeal wrote:So what happens down in aussie-land when someone at the back of a group sits up no-handed to stretch for a second? Do you just shoot him right there and throw his corpse to the side of the road for the all the feral cats to feed on or does he get the dignity of a trial first?

Actually that is usually when a Kangaroo will leap across the road and bring him down. But seriously when that does happen (sitting up) I become extra cautious and move away from him. One can't be too careful when riding with people who have no regard for their mates. I have had many crashes in my 75 years and lost too much skin through the faults of others.
I can honestly say that I always have at least one hand on my bars because I think about my mates behind me.
oaklegs

14 Apr 2012 22:29

burning wrote:That pic is pretty funny though :D

Don't mention the war.
oaklegs

14 Apr 2012 22:33

Fetisoff wrote::D:D:D

Finally, your first good post in this whole thread.

That is fortunately only your opinion and I really do not think that much importance is being paid to that. OMG I do love winding you up, must be like a very taught spring right now.
Anyway do have a safe day on the road.
oaklegs

14 Apr 2012 22:41

oaklegs wrote:That is fortunately only your opinion and I really do not think that much importance is being paid to that.

Well, as people have previously mentioned, the amount of votes/posts (views) tells a completely different story
Fetisoff

14 Apr 2012 22:47

oaklegs wrote: I have had many crashes in my 75 years and lost too much skin through the faults of others.

Oh wow, you know I tore a knee ligament at 12 years old playing recreational football when a guy slid into me, so I think that tackling should be banned in competition football altogether now
Fetisoff

15 Apr 2012 00:07

Fetisoff wrote:Oh wow, you know I tore a knee ligament at 12 years old playing recreational football when a guy slid into me, so I think that tackling should be banned in competition football altogether now

And now a year later you have recovered and we are all very pleased for you, now football other than soccer (which is game of skill) is another subject completely. Happy 13th birthday by the way.
oaklegs

15 Apr 2012 01:08

oaklegs wrote:And now a year later you have recovered and we are all very pleased for you, now football other than soccer (which is game of skill) is another subject completely. Happy 13th birthday by the way.

User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

15 Apr 2012 03:18

oaklegs wrote:Actually that is usually when a Kangaroo will leap across the road and bring him down. But seriously when that does happen (sitting up) I become extra cautious and move away from him. One can't be too careful when riding with people who have no regard for their mates. I have had many crashes in my 75 years and lost too much skin through the faults of others.
I can honestly say that I always have at least one hand on my bars because I think about my mates behind me.

I was out for a ride with my wife this morning and she is 74 so we actually total 149 years together. Now after I mentioned this thread to her she kept on taking her hands off the bars and waving them around and she even scratched my back a few times and then got my phone out of my back pocket to answer a call.
All very risky you may say but really not a problem as she was riding stoker on our tandem.
I know that it is a totally different kettle of fish but it does maybe lighten the mood a little bit. So much pent up rage out there I am sorry to say.
oaklegs

15 Apr 2012 06:08

oaklegs wrote:I
I know that it is a totally different kettle of fish but it does maybe lighten the mood a little bit. So much pent up rage out there I am sorry to say.

Which you are not doing much to help. Cool it with the insults or face the consequences.

Susan
I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

15 Apr 2012 11:23

Susan Westemeyer wrote:Which you are not doing much to help. Cool it with the insults or face the consequences.

Susan

Oh dear I am so sorry Susan because I thought that I was the one being insulted just for simply asking two very simple questions. That just goes to show how wrong one can be.
oaklegs

15 Apr 2012 11:59

oaklegs wrote:Oh dear I am so sorry Susan because I thought that I was the one being insulted just for simply asking two very simple questions. That just goes to show how wrong one can be.

You're very wrong, mate....
LugHugger

16 Apr 2012 10:38

LugHugger wrote:[/B]

You're very wrong, mate....

OK just show me where I insulted someone. Mind you I am very tempted at the moment.
oaklegs

16 Apr 2012 14:08

oaklegs wrote:And now a year later you have recovered and we are all very pleased for you, now football other than soccer (which is game of skill) is another subject completely. Happy 13th birthday by the way.

Thank you very much for the birthday wishes. Few months too early, but thank you nonetheless. What's this "soccer" thing you are talking about anyway?
Fetisoff

16 Apr 2012 17:33

oaklegs wrote:OK just show me where I insulted someone. Mind you I am very tempted at the moment.

Seriously?

Oh please don't participate if you can't think of something sensible to say, it just takes up space like yourself.

Rather rude Panda thingy, but as you are probably only about 12 years old and I am 75 I shall accept your silly remark anyway. Maybe when you have lost some skin due to another persons stupidity you will grow up a bit.

I agree if you are riding on your own, no worries and you probably don't wear a helmet either. However, if you are at the front of a bunch and you bring them down by riding in that position resulting in smashed equipment and bodies I think you are an idiot.

And now a year later you have recovered and we are all very pleased for you, now football other than soccer (which is game of skill) is another subject completely. Happy 13th birthday by the way

Pretty mild insults, but the mods see them as such.
amp300

16 Apr 2012 22:28

amp300 wrote:Seriously?

Pretty mild insults, but the mods see them as such.

OK Amp300 I take your point, it was just a touch of humour from an old cyclist who is surround by a pack of angry beginners. I shall just back off now and leave it to 'the experts' Not happy today as a good mate who is a past champion had a heart attack on Sunday whilst riding and is now in a coma for two days. Live every day as though it might be your last as sometimes it is.
oaklegs

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing