Register

Simulated Tri-bars

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Should simulated tri-bar position be banned

Poll ended at 22 Apr 2012 06:57

ban the simulated tri-bar position
10%
allow short tri-bars in road events
15%
allow the simulated tri-bar position
74%

Total votes : 39

19 Apr 2012 16:34

Panda Claws wrote:I spotted a lot of this in FW.

It was even used by a guy sitting in second position once :eek:

Hesjedal rode it a lot, when in that break-away
Fetisoff

19 Apr 2012 17:20

Fetisoff wrote:Hesjedal rode it a lot, when in that break-away

Cancellara "started" it all. And everybody equates Cancellara with fast and with that particular position.
But only Cancellara can combine raw power with elegance when he leans on his forearms on the handlebar.

Therefore the position should only be allowed for riders with multiple TT world championships. Those who are not a cycling god would have to go deep in the drops like everybody else, for aesthetic reasons.
Giro-director Acquarone: "But I do have a favourite: Thomas Löfkvist. Because the first year I was the director RCS Sport, 2009, my first race was the Strade Bianche. There was this tall, handsome Swedish kid, who attacked 10 kilometres from the finish, then the fool went the wrong way, was caught, went backwards, then came through them all at the finish and won the race."
User avatar meandmygitane

19 Apr 2012 23:12

oaklegs wrote:OK boys and girls I think that maybe it is time to put this one to bed, just in case you have just entered the arena the original two option poll was as follows:
1. ban the simulated tri-bar position or
2. allow short round tri-bars in road events as was the case a few years ago.
I think that the situation may be like wearing a helmet or not (I always do) if the only person you are going bring down and injure is yourself then I condone it, BUT if you cause me or some other innocent guy or girl to come off then is that really fair. I wonder if a survey was to be done among the pro riders just how many actually use the position or condemn the guys who do. Absolutely no one likes to fall off and the older one gets the harder we hit the ground. It really is just common sense IMHO.

It just will not go away so once again I can only repeat: I wonder if a survey was to be done among the pro riders just how many actually use the position or condemn the guys who do. Absolutely no one likes to fall off and the older one gets the harder we hit the ground. It really is just common sense IMHO.
oaklegs

20 Apr 2012 00:02

simo1733 wrote:Is it true that you can play a tune on those.

Heck, I had a bike who's steer tube cap would whistle under the right conditions, freaked me out the first time. Afterwards, there would always be a dare/guess/request from the fellow riders to make it whistle.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

20 Apr 2012 00:06

oaklegs wrote:It just will not go away so once again I can only repeat: I wonder if a survey was to be done among the pro riders just how many actually use the position or condemn the guys who do. Absolutely no one likes to fall off and the older one gets the harder we hit the ground. It really is just common sense IMHO.

Does one really fall harder when aging or does it just hurt more? Hmm. Maybe that is for another thread.:rolleyes:
User avatar veganrob

Previous

Return to Professional road racing