Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

21 Dec 2017 14:55

Red Rick wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:On the 25th, there'll be a docu about Berto on Spanish television.

https://as.com/ciclismo/2017/12/20/portada/1513805094_618565.html

Berto has built a "museum" in his home :eek:

Those 3 Giro and Tour trophies on the background.

There are 3 tour and 3 Giro trophies in the background :lol:
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

21 Dec 2017 15:01

Gigs_98 wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:On the 25th, there'll be a docu about Berto on Spanish television.

3 trophies of both Giro and Tour :eek:
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

22 Dec 2017 12:29

I already miss the great one, he isn't the best in terms of palmares but in panache, charisma, heart, show, magic, killer accelerations, NO ONE has ever come close, not even the mythical (but overrated) Pantani
portugal11

22 Dec 2017 14:30

Netserk wrote:
Gigs_98 wrote:
Red Rick wrote:

3 trophies of both Giro and Tour :eek:

Wasn't he obliged to return 2 of them?
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

22 Dec 2017 14:58

Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:Wasn't he obliged to return 2 of them?

No ?
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

22 Dec 2017 15:23

Wow, yes. My fault. He was not.
Schleck and Scarponi received 3-D copy of them and selfie with Alberto.
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

Re:

22 Dec 2017 15:32

Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:Wow, yes. My fault. He was not.

They just made a new trophy for them. Do you think Andy and Scarpa would have been happy with a trophy with Alberto's name on it?
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Re:

22 Dec 2017 15:48

LaFlorecita wrote:
Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:Wow, yes. My fault. He was not.

They just made a new trophy for them. Do you think Andy and Scarpa would have been happy with a trophy with Alberto's name on it?

Well, they should be happy with selfies. Trophies with his name would be additional awards (yes, maybe not enough deserved).
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

Re:

23 Dec 2017 01:58

portugal11 wrote:I already miss the great one, he isn't the best in terms of palmares but in panache, charisma, heart, show, magic, killer accelerations, NO ONE has ever come close, not even the mythical (but overrated) Pantani

I would love to have his palmares.
User avatar SHAD0W93

23 Dec 2017 09:20

SHAD0W93 wrote:
portugal11 wrote:I already miss the great one, he isn't the best in terms of palmares but in panache, charisma, heart, show, magic, killer accelerations, NO ONE has ever come close, not even the mythical (but overrated) Pantani

Every fan in the world would love his palmares, but I do think it's kinda true that he underperformed outside the GTs that he won.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

23 Dec 2017 15:27

Red Rick wrote:
SHAD0W93 wrote:

Every fan in the world would love his palmares, but I do think it's kinda true that he underperformed outside the GTs that he won.

He’s still won some great races outside the GT’s and was close so many other times. He’s got as many week long stage race overall GC wins as Froome and 2 less than Valverde. This was looking at just “top” stage races on procycylingstats. There’s more results than just these of course.

I think he’s done just fine outside of GT’s. He seems to be right up there with the other current GT riders. I guess, of course, anyone could wish for more.....
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

23 Dec 2017 15:49

Jspear wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
SHAD0W93 wrote:

He’s still won some great races outside the GT’s and was close so many other times. He’s got as many week long stage race overall GC wins as Froome and 2 less than Valverde. This was looking at just “top” stage races on procycylingstats. There’s more results than just these of course.

I think he’s done just fine outside of GT’s. He seems to be right up there with the other current GT riders. I guess, of course, anyone could wish for more.....

:confused:

Contador has 8 victories between P-N, T-A, VaC, VaPV, TdR, CdD & TdS.
Both Valverde and Froome have 6.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

23 Dec 2017 22:08

Netserk wrote:
Jspear wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
SHAD0W93 wrote:

Yeah I knew those numbers weren’t perfect. That was just a quick look up at what procyclingstats shows on their overview page for each rider profile.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

23 Dec 2017 23:00

It was pouring all day and I spent a few hours wrapping presents and watching the panache, heart, magic and charisma of the Great One. He is missed but at least I was lucky enough to be a fan during the era of Contador!

He is second in my heart, only to Il Pirata. You had to see that one when it was happening to understand his impact; he was truly Magical!
Alberto Contador=Legend!

Nibali becomes only the 6th winner of all 3 GTS (2014)!
Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

24 Dec 2017 00:10

If he had won another GT each and a couple stages that would top the cherry on it. The ban unfortunaly doesn't help or him focusing on the Tour.
User avatar SHAD0W93

24 Dec 2017 15:00

Netserk wrote:
Jspear wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
SHAD0W93 wrote:

And those numbers don’t include the ones he was stripped of, which would include another PN and a Catalonia, which he never won again. Plus he has a few wins in a few discontinued stage races.
User avatar perico

24 Dec 2017 16:05

Which PN win was he stripped of?
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

25 Dec 2017 11:09

perico wrote:
Netserk wrote:
Jspear wrote:He’s still won some great races outside the GT’s and was close so many other times. He’s got as many week long stage race overall GC wins as Froome and 2 less than Valverde. This was looking at just “top” stage races on procycylingstats. There’s more results than just these of course.

And those numbers don’t include the ones he was stripped of, which would include another PN and a Catalonia, which he never won again. Plus he has a few wins in a few discontinued stage races.

Those numbers do include Contador's Catalunya and Valverde's Romandie.

Setmana Catalana didn't belong in the same category as the other races.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

26 Dec 2017 02:16

Link to the Berto docu:
http://www.rtve.es/m/alacarta/videos/programa/alberto-contador-vida-cuesta-arriba/4388815/?media=tve
Not tried yet but guessing you need to use a VPN like with all tve programs if you are not in Spain
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

26 Dec 2017 02:34

No VPN needed.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing