Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

26 Dec 2017 04:07

Crap. I wish I understood Spanish! I'd really like to see this....
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Re:

26 Dec 2017 05:47

Netserk wrote:No VPN needed.

Cool :) want to watch but am on holiday :(
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

26 Dec 2017 19:10

User avatar Jungle Cycle

27 Dec 2017 08:07

Fantastic stuff, unfortunately the medical part was a bit of a bridge too far for my basic Spanish. Also I would have liked it to be more chronological, but that's personal of course.

Interesting thing that his mother said she'd absolutely refuse to do it all over again.
Pennino

Re:

27 Dec 2017 13:11

Pennino wrote:Fantastic stuff, unfortunately the medical part was a bit of a bridge too far for my basic Spanish. Also I would have liked it to be more chronological, but that's personal of course.

Interesting thing that his mother said she'd absolutely refuse to do it all over again.

Do what? Have children?
Alberto Contador=Legend!

Nibali becomes only the 6th winner of all 3 GTS (2014)!
Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re: Re:

27 Dec 2017 16:26

Carols wrote:
Pennino wrote:Fantastic stuff, unfortunately the medical part was a bit of a bridge too far for my basic Spanish. Also I would have liked it to be more chronological, but that's personal of course.

Do what? Have children?

"No Alberto, I refuse to go through all this cycling crap again. You're just gonna play football, just like all other Spanish kids."
"But mom, in football you need a good team to attack well"
"Oh mierda"

No idea honestly
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

27 Dec 2017 20:33

Red Rick wrote:
Carols wrote:

Do what? Have children?

"No Alberto, I refuse to go through all this cycling crap again. You're just gonna play football, just like all other Spanish kids."
"Oh mierda"

No idea honestly

LMAO you had me for a second :)
Alberto Contador=Legend!

Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

28 Dec 2017 07:13

Carols wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
Carols wrote:

Do what? Have children?

"Oh mierda"

No idea honestly

:lol: She said it wasn't worth it for her, all the stress and pain.
Pennino

28 Dec 2017 13:48

Pennino wrote:
Carols wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
Carols wrote:

Do what? Have children?

"Oh mierda"

No idea honestly

:lol: She said it wasn't worth it for her, all the stress and pain.

Thanks. Watching your son have a stroke on the road and worrying every time he crashes could be stressful I'm sure!
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

08 Jan 2018 10:55

Polartec-Kometa has received an invitation to the Vuelta a la Comunitat Valenciana - alongside 11 WT teams :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

08 Jan 2018 12:12

LaFlorecita wrote:Polartec-Kometa has received an invitation to the Vuelta a la Comunitat Valenciana - alongside 11 WT teams :)

Nice...difficult for the young guys :)

Maybe you should start a thread reg. Polartec-Kometa,Flo? I got a feeling you're gonna follow them closely ;)

There's some interesting names in there, I have hopes for a.o. Gazzoli and Wilson Estiben (my unique pick in the zero points CQ game). Wonder how many invitations they'll receive for bigger races, but the Spanish 2.1 races should be almost a given...
User avatar Kazistuta

08 Jan 2018 17:23

Kazistuta wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Polartec-Kometa has received an invitation to the Vuelta a la Comunitat Valenciana - alongside 11 WT teams :)

Nice...difficult for the young guys :)

Maybe you should start a thread reg. Polartec-Kometa,Flo? I got a feeling you're gonna follow them closely ;)

There's some interesting names in there, I have hopes for a.o. Gazzoli and Wilson Estiben (my unique pick in the zero points CQ game). Wonder how many invitations they'll receive for bigger races, but the Spanish 2.1 races should be almost a given...

.HC is the highest possible for a conti team, I guess they'll mostly ride .2 and a few .1 races. That should be tough enough for a U23 team :) Gazzoli imo is the biggest prospect on the team but there are several others, Wilson Estiben Peña will be interesting to follow as we have no idea how he'll do on the road

I thought about starting a thread but not sure how many others would contribute. Otoh maybe it would be better for this thread to remain about news and views of Berto :) like when he went for a ride with the Garzelli family this weekend
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

11 Jan 2018 13:40

Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

11 Jan 2018 13:42

Plz don't tell me he's getting Flecha's segment

"How's that climb Alberto?
I just did my best numbers ever"
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

11 Jan 2018 14:01

That is GREAT news :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

11 Jan 2018 14:04

Very cool news, now let's see them sign up another fluent English speaker to take over from Kirby! Can you imagine Contador doing even a 10min stint alongside Kirby! :D :D :D :D
dusty red roads

Re:

11 Jan 2018 14:53

Red Rick wrote:Plz tell me he's getting Flecha's segment

"How's that climb Alberto?
I just did my best numbers ever"

Fixed that for you
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran

11 Jan 2018 15:25

I think he's a little commentary before during GTs he wasn't riding or something?
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

11 Jan 2018 16:08

yes, he's silent and very boring to be honest at that, i would go to sleep in seconds. really not made for this job. but if sean kelly made it so far lol....

oscar pereiro on cocaine is my jam though.
User avatar jens_attacks
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing