Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

18 Sep 2017 13:53

HelloDolly wrote:Fuente De was the best for me too but Mortirolo in 2015 Giro was amasing as well

That was an Awesome ride! :).
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

18 Sep 2017 14:19

kingjr wrote:Fuente De was great, but I prefer the stage to Alpe d'Huez in 2011. That was exactly what I hoped for and needed to see after the Galibier stage. Shame that Rolland got the win, but still, awesome stage.

The alpe d huez in 2011 was the best stage i ever saw. That moment i decided that Contader was a Champ. Never my favorite rider, but rated him highly tho
Frankschleck

18 Sep 2017 14:27

User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Re:

18 Sep 2017 15:13

Frankschleck wrote:
kingjr wrote:Fuente De was great, but I prefer the stage to Alpe d'Huez in 2011. That was exactly what I hoped for and needed to see after the Galibier stage. Shame that Rolland got the win, but still, awesome stage.

The alpe d huez in 2011 was the best stage i ever saw. That moment i decided that Contader was a Champ. Never my favorite rider, but rated him highly tho

The Heart of a Champion on full view!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

18 Sep 2017 17:09

LaFlorecita wrote:Dream Team :)

so far 8 riders confirmed for their Conti development team

From current Polartec-Fundacion Contador U23 team:
Diego Pablo Sevilla (ESP) - 3rd in Spanish U23 RR
Miguel Ángel Ballesteros (ESP)
Juan Camacho (ESP)
Isaac Cantón (ESP) - Spanish U23 champion

Others:
Matteo Mochetti (ITA) - Italian U23 champion
Michele Gazzoli (ITA) - European champion in junior category
Patrick Gamper (AUT) - whom I just saw in U23 worlds ITT :)
Michel Laurent Ries (LUX)

Jesusito will be Sports director :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

18 Sep 2017 17:10

theracingelf wrote:He posted this on his Instagram story, will most probably just have to do with his ambassador rol but still...un año mas

Yes he was invited to the presentation together with Ivan Basso :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

18 Sep 2017 17:24

God. Already a PHAT ***
TheYouyou7

18 Sep 2017 17:25

Fu## you lance was the best moment for me
portugal11

Re:

18 Sep 2017 17:33

TheYouyou7 wrote:God. Already a PHAT ***

How much weight can you realistically gain in a week? 1 kg, 2kg tops?
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

18 Sep 2017 17:34

All the above, but I'm rather partial to the Tirreno-Adriatico Stage too. Possibly coz I didn't have to endure ****** commentary, so could really enjoy the spectacle.
Electress

18 Sep 2017 17:35

LaFlorecita wrote:
TheYouyou7 wrote:God. Already a PHAT ***

How much weight can you realistically gain in a week? 1 kg, 2kg tops?

He could do with gaining a few kilos anyway. I think he's a long way to go before being a lard-arse.
Electress

Re:

18 Sep 2017 17:52

whats that blue and white jersey?
rick james

18 Sep 2017 18:09

rick james wrote:

It's the Israeli flag but I'm sure you knew that
I believe one of those men is the Jerusalem mayor and the other is the Jewish businessman that got the start to Jerusalem but I'm not sure who is who.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

18 Sep 2017 18:13

Favorite stage? With the passage of years, many have become images in my mind. I'll always remember the first stage in the mountains during the 2007 Tour. Rasmussen was way up the road en route to take the jersey that day. Contador followed the attacks from the favorites and was in the first group with Mayo, Valverde, Cuddles, and Christophe Moreau. The camera switched back to the Leipheimer group and suddenly a blue streak of a rider absolutely blew by the group at a speed that made me spit my drink out on an ascent. Apparently Contador had flatted and considering the class of riders in the first and second group, I was completely floored that he rode back up to the first group. I had known he was a future TdF winner since 2005, but I didn't know he was that much stronger at that age.

Another day from that Tour was the final TT. Many commentators were dubious about whether he could "hang on" to the jersey. They hadn't been watching him that closely obviously, because he was always more than capable of putting in a great TT ride.

My favorite post 2009 may actually be stages 16 and 20 of the 2014 Vuelta- listening to the commentators come to realize that post ban Contador could withstand some of Froome's crazy attacks and even drop him in the final K.
User avatar perico

18 Sep 2017 18:17

LaFlorecita wrote:
rick james wrote:

It's the Israeli flag but I'm sure you knew that
I believe one of those men is the Jerusalem mayor and the other is the Jewish businessman that got the start to Jerusalem but I'm not sure who is who.

that flag gets to you
rick james

18 Sep 2017 18:34

Carols wrote:
Puccini wrote: Standing!

"With the withdrawal of Contador goes the guardian of the show, the only single cyclist that exists"

En pie
Con la retirada de Contador se va el guardián del espectáculo, el único ciclista único que existe

https://elpais.com/deportes/2017/09/10/actualidad/1505074683_139442.html

Awesome article, she says without objectivity :). Bittersweet that we will never hear the words 'Contador Attacks' again, but happy that I was alive to see it happen again and again!

Those words gave me a Jolt every time I heard them! Riders like Alberto just don't come along very often.

"So the one who here exposes his opinion, disinterested but not at all dispassionate, allows himself to sentence that the guardian of the spectacle, the boy who only plays the highest card, who dreams of the impossible, the lone wolf, the one who sees mountains where there are only giants, the man who insists, not always successfully, to give heroics, the only single cyclist that exists, says goodbye. Stand, therefore, those who are not objective, those who are passionate, those who value vertigo, those who know how to distinguish between sport and a military parade. Get up, yes, to say goodbye to Alberto Contador."

I Stand Clapping for Alberto Contador!!!

:) :razz: its ok! :)
Puccini

18 Sep 2017 18:36

rick james wrote:that flag gets to you

In what way :confused:
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

18 Sep 2017 18:39

Electress wrote:All the above, but I'm rather partial to the Tirreno-Adriatico Stage too. Possibly coz I didn't have to endure ****** commentary, so could really enjoy the spectacle.

That would be 2014, Stage 5 when he went with 36km to go, hunted down the break almost single handedly and went blasting by on that Steep wall that they zigzagged up, to take the win and the race lead. I never tire of re-watching that one :).
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

18 Sep 2017 18:44

portugal11 wrote:Fu## you lance was the best moment for me

That Was a Good One :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re: Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

18 Sep 2017 18:46

perico wrote:Favorite stage? With the passage of years, many have become images in my mind. I'll always remember the first stage in the mountains during the 2007 Tour. Rasmussen was way up the road en route to take the jersey that day. Contador followed the attacks from the favorites and was in the first group with Mayo, Valverde, Cuddles, and Christophe Moreau. The camera switched back to the Leipheimer group and suddenly a blue streak of a rider absolutely blew by the group at a speed that made me spit my drink out on an ascent. Apparently Contador had flatted and considering the class of riders in the first and second group, I was completely floored that he rode back up to the first group. I had known he was a future TdF winner since 2005, but I didn't know he was that much stronger at that age.

Another day from that Tour was the final TT. Many commentators were dubious about whether he could "hang on" to the jersey. They hadn't been watching him that closely obviously, because he was always more than capable of putting in a great TT ride.

My favorite post 2009 may actually be stages 16 and 20 of the 2014 Vuelta- listening to the commentators come to realize that post ban Contador could withstand some of Froome's crazy attacks and even drop him in the final K.

We are blessed to have so many great performances to choose from :).
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing