Log in:  

Register

Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

02 Mar 2013 20:09

RedheadDane wrote:On a female team?


ahahah, no, they would build again the male team. I asked him if Footon-Servetto would just be the new sponsor of the Leopard team. He said no, Gianetti and co. want their own team

anyway: are we sure Fabian and Schlecks contracts end in 2013?
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,324
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

02 Mar 2013 20:54

gruppeto993 wrote:them three i guess. them both i meant cancellara and the schlecks (they make one person)


Yeah... that seems to be the case in most people's minds! :p

pastronef wrote:ahahah, no, they would build again the male team. I asked him if Footon-Servetto would just be the new sponsor of the Leopard team. He said no, Gianetti and co. want their own team

anyway: are we sure Fabian and Schlecks contracts end in 2013?


Oh... just thought it sounded funny!

And I'm not sure of anything!
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,575
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

04 Mar 2013 18:16

Matej Mohorič to Cannondale before the next season.
User avatar MajorTom
Junior Member
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 29 Oct 2009 11:23

04 Mar 2013 20:14

MajorTom wrote:Matej Mohorič to Cannondale before the next season.


This is only his first year in the U 23s. I thought he would ride at least two seasons in the U 23s.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,547
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

04 Mar 2013 20:24

MajorTom wrote:Matej Mohorič to Cannondale before the next season.


So he signed a pro deal even before he even rode his first U23 race, thats pretty sick!
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,559
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

04 Mar 2013 20:41

Ruudz0r wrote:So he signed a pro deal even before he even rode his first U23 race, thats pretty sick!


Yeah they must be expecting him to be the new Sagan/Moser, why else would a team take such risks? He's got a lot of talent, but you never know how Eastern Europeans develop...
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,284
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

08 Mar 2013 15:59

Yesterday on Rai's Radiocorsa they said that Petacchi would have an offer to continue next year with Argos as leadout man for the team's sprinters.
Not so sure he does fit the role.
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,376
Joined: 26 Mar 2009 12:49
Location: Ferrara

08 Mar 2013 16:00

lol, that sounds like a retirement package, take the contract and don't work at all. Would Ale Jet really motivate himself if he were a permanent leadout man.
Ferminal
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,999
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

08 Mar 2013 16:04

Pentacycle wrote:Yeah they must be expecting him to be the new Sagan/Moser, why else would a team take such risks? He's got a lot of talent, but you never know how Eastern Europeans develop...


He won Juniors Worlds. He has plenty of talent as you say, not that big of a risk though for this team.
Gloin22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,362
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 11:45

08 Mar 2013 16:58

Ferminal wrote:lol, that sounds like a retirement package, take the contract and don't work at all. Would Ale Jet really motivate himself if he were a permanent leadout man.


alejet said he wants to do at least three more years lol:D
i need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what i need ......................

if he snatches one win a year i'm happy
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,778
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

08 Mar 2013 17:32

Gloin22 wrote:He won Juniors Worlds. He has plenty of talent as you say, not that big of a risk though for this team.


You could have either the new Sagan or the new Novikov on your team, for a few years.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,284
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

08 Mar 2013 17:40

Michele wrote:Yesterday on Rai's Radiocorsa they said that Petacchi would have an offer to continue next year with Argos as leadout man for the team's sprinters.
Not so sure he does fit the role.


That'd be a pretty good move IMO, he's too old to win sprints anymore, so becoming a leadout man is the next best thing. Helping someone else to win would be much better than trying to do it yourself but not being able to.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,595
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

12 Mar 2013 10:28

Michele wrote:There's a rumor going around about Di Luca and Vini Fantini not being able to find a deal.
Can't find anything online to confirm or deny it.


Is there already more info on this?
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,559
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

12 Mar 2013 15:59

Not from my side but all this silence seems to confirm that there's some problems.
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,376
Joined: 26 Mar 2009 12:49
Location: Ferrara

14 Mar 2013 22:03

According to Beppe Conti Astana is said to be chasing Talansky as a gregario for Nibali for the Tour 2014.

Rabottini seems to have impressed Team Sky who are in talks with the italian guy.

There's rumors that Saxo management is suggesting Contador to ride Giro as well for improve his condition toward the Tour.
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,376
Joined: 26 Mar 2009 12:49
Location: Ferrara

14 Mar 2013 22:11

no news about di luca?
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,778
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

14 Mar 2013 22:33

Michele wrote:According to Beppe Conti Astana is said to be chasing Talansky as a gregario for Nibali for the Tour 2014.


Please no

Rabottini seems to have impressed Team Sky who are in talks with the italian guy.


Please no

There's rumors that Saxo management is suggesting Contador to ride Giro as well for improve his condition toward the Tour.


so even the team management is worried :o so much for that "improve a lot and beat everyone in July" story. To be honest I don't know if that would be a good idea. He will inevitably try to win thus ruining his chances for le tour completely
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,462
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

14 Mar 2013 23:10

Michele wrote:According to Beppe Conti Astana is said to be chasing Talansky as a gregario for Nibali for the Tour 2014.

Rabottini seems to have impressed Team Sky who are in talks with the italian guy.

There's rumors that Saxo management is suggesting Contador to ride Giro as well for improve his condition toward the Tour.


Oh my god, SKY! STOP TRYING TO TAKE ALL THE BEST RIDERS FOR YOUR MOUNTAIN TRAIN!!! :mad:

Can't see Talansky going to Astana to slave for Nibbles either, he's a young guy with a lot of potential and wants he own chances to lead. Garmin can give him plenty of that.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,595
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

15 Mar 2013 06:50

Michele wrote:According to Beppe Conti Astana is said to be chasing Talansky as a gregario for Nibali for the Tour 2014.



please no, Vaughters won't let him leave.
(anyway, that's a Beppe Conti firework :D )
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,324
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

15 Mar 2013 07:05

Afrank wrote:Oh my god, SKY! STOP TRYING TO TAKE ALL THE BEST RIDERS FOR YOUR MOUNTAIN TRAIN!!! :mad:

Can't see Talansky going to Astana to slave for Nibbles either, he's a young guy with a lot of potential and wants he own chances to lead. Garmin can give him plenty of that.


We still need guys to give us excitement :mad: seems sky are trying to take away every exciting rider :eek:
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,462
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rollthedice, stetre76, The Hegelian and 23 guests

Back to top