Register

Peter Sagan discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

27 Jan 2018 21:18

Kokoso wrote:
Netserk wrote:I'd rather see him pinch a podium girl again. At least that would be more authentic.

How do you know that would be more authentic?

P.S. I would like to see the podium girl slap his face hard in that case. That would be really great and fully deserved. Shame the first did not do so.

That girl kissed him first so I would say it was adequate reaction

28 Jan 2018 10:57

ihosama wrote:
Kokoso wrote:
Netserk wrote:I'd rather see him pinch a podium girl again. At least that would be more authentic.

P.S. I would like to see the podium girl slap his face hard in that case. That would be really great and fully deserved. Shame the first did not do so.
Because in Slovakia pinching a nice gal is seen as a compliment (as long as it stays with that and is not followed-up). Not much political corectness over here still, thankfully.
BTW, a slap back is also seen as an absolutely appropriate reaction. Much more so than any ex-post #metoo moanings... ;)

:razz: funny to hear you consider Slovakia country of primitives. But no, you are talking nonsense. Pinching girl's buttocks is not seen as compliment in Slovakia.

Btw. do you have two accounts, the other one as a Netserk?

P.S. pinching a buttocks of ugly girl is seen as what, if not a compliment? :D
Kokoso

28 Jan 2018 18:19

Kokoso wrote:[quote="[url=http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2220553#p2220553] :razz: funny to hear you consider Slovakia country of primitives. But no, you are talking nonsense. Pinching girl's buttocks is not seen as compliment in Slovakia.
Btw. do you have two accounts, the other one as a Netserk?
P.S. pinching a buttocks of ugly girl is seen as what, if not a compliment? :D

Context. There are many aspects of a culture. Some value pretense above all, some still do value sincerety. Context is the most important thing in life, my friend. And no, one account.

If something disgusts me, for example, it is the hypocrisy of parading nice girls as a decoration on the podiums. Yet pretending they are hired just as "a coincidence". Not for the pleasure of men like some piece of meat - which is the sad truth.

And regards your "primitive" comment. Please be aware that historically it was customary in SK just a couple decades ago that the victors were greeted by kids from local sports clubs, not by grown-up women. Sagan had grown up in such a culture.
Today, unfortunately, it is the same as in all capitalist economies - everything is for sale. So nice gals are hired too here - they sell better ... ;/
ihosama

29 Jan 2018 10:32

ihosama wrote:Because in Slovakia pinching a nice gal is seen as a compliment
No, it is not.
User avatar wayahead

29 Jan 2018 16:21

Kokoso wrote:
ihosama wrote:
Kokoso wrote:

Because in Slovakia pinching a nice gal is seen as a compliment (as long as it stays with that and is not followed-up). Not much political corectness over here still, thankfully.
BTW, a slap back is also seen as an absolutely appropriate reaction. Much more so than any ex-post #metoo moanings... ;)

:razz: funny to hear you consider Slovakia country of primitives. But no, you are talking nonsense. Pinching girl's buttocks is not seen as compliment in Slovakia.

I don't think the things are that different between Slovakia and Czech republic.

Pinching girl's buttocks can be seen (depending on context) as a crude form of compliment (most commonly used by early teenagers; no self-respecting sophisticated man will lower himself to that). The main difference vs the west is that it will most likely be laughed off, instead of making a big public halo out of it.
DonEsteban

29 Jan 2018 17:12

Mod hat on:

I think this has gone far enough off-topic folks and is very possibly insulting to any Slovak or Czech readers who may happen across it. Lets leave it there.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

14 Feb 2018 12:30

A biography about Sagan will be released this autumn. It even seems to be an autobiography. That is going to be an interesting read if the latter is the case.

Probably the last rider I expected to write a book.
User avatar tobydawq

Re:

14 Feb 2018 12:47

And what if the women doesn’t want her bum touched by any man?

What a stupid thing to say
rick james

14 Feb 2018 13:50

Does anyone know why is Peto not competing at both Omloop/KBK? Did I miss something? Is that something to do with his participation at Amstel? I guess the reason is a lighter approach of the "real" classics season.

T-A, Strade, MSR, RRV, Roubaix, AGR if I'm right.
Krokro

14 Feb 2018 13:55

E3, GW.
User avatar tobydawq

14 Feb 2018 14:01

Forgot those two as well, thanks again. Anyway, still a lighter schedule before MSR.
Krokro

Re:

14 Feb 2018 15:16

Krokro wrote:Does anyone know why is Peto not competing at both Omloop/KBK? Did I miss something? Is that something to do with his participation at Amstel? I guess the reason is a lighter approach of the "real" classics season.

I think he will do omloop
portugal11

Re:

14 Feb 2018 19:22

tobydawq wrote:A biography about Sagan will be released this autumn. It even seems to be an autobiography. That is going to be an interesting read if the latter is the case.

Well, if you watch his interviews he appears to be a guy with a good common sense.
The book might be interesting.
Jano

14 Feb 2018 20:37

portugal11 wrote:
Krokro wrote:Does anyone know why is Peto not competing at both Omloop/KBK? Did I miss something? Is that something to do with his participation at Amstel? I guess the reason is a lighter approach of the "real" classics season.

I think he will do omloop

He won't.
User avatar liamito

14 Feb 2018 22:56

Jano wrote:
tobydawq wrote:A biography about Sagan will be released this autumn. It even seems to be an autobiography. That is going to be an interesting read if the latter is the case.

Well, if you watch his interviews he appears to be a guy with a good common sense.
The book might be interesting.

I do and agree.
User avatar tobydawq

Re: Peter Sagan discussion thread.

15 Feb 2018 09:24

Watched 2017 MSR yesterday. Do you think he will wait for the sprint this year ? Going on the Poggio is always a risk that he will have to do the work and drag someone with him.
User avatar Serpentin

15 Feb 2018 09:38

Serpentin wrote:Watched 2017 MSR yesterday. Do you think he will wait for the sprint this year ? Going on the Poggio is always a risk that he will have to do the work and drag someone with him.

Easy:

Headwind on Poggio = wait for the sprint or movements on the flat.
Tailwind on Poggio = attack 50 to 100 metres later than last year so he can get away alone.
User avatar tobydawq

15 Feb 2018 11:49

tobydawq wrote:
Serpentin wrote:Watched 2017 MSR yesterday. Do you think he will wait for the sprint this year ? Going on the Poggio is always a risk that he will have to do the work and drag someone with him.

Easy:

Tailwind on Poggio = attack 50 to 100 metres later than last year so he can get away alone.

I hope that Sky and Bora will go crazy on Cipresa and from the bottom of Poggio.
I do not care if Kwiatko wins again I just do not want to see bunch of 50 people in the final sprint
User avatar SKSemtex

15 Feb 2018 12:08

tobydawq wrote:

Easy:

Imo Sagan doesn't stand a chance against Gaviria and it's a gamble vs Kristoff, Demare or even Matthews. He needs to unleash the beast on the Poggio and play it a bit smarter. Hard to say when the only ones who can break with him won't work a lot since they got a sprinter for victory. Alaphilippe, or GVA for instance, bar Kwiatkowski this year.
Krokro

15 Feb 2018 12:34

Gaviria after 300 kilometres is not the same sprinter as normally. Last year he was beaten by Kristoff in the sprint for fourth.

And who knows how QuickStep will play the finale anyway with Gilbert, Viviani and Alaphilippe.

And I think that Sagan should attack as well but if it is a headwind he will not do it.
Last edited by tobydawq on 15 Feb 2018 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar tobydawq

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing