Register

Peter Sagan discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

13 Mar 2017 22:31

MSR Team announced : Peter Sagan, Juraj Sagan, Burghardt, Bodnar, Bennett, Mühlberger, Benedetti, Saramotins.

With Bennett behind, Peter can go full gas this time on the Pogio. Juraj will join him for the 7h trip to San Remo so they can chat in slovak.
“Race is race. Was like was.”
User avatar sQiD

14 Mar 2017 05:07

Juraj then goes to Dwars Door Vlaanderen. Then both together again for next part of Peter's season E3, and joined from then by Kolar for G- W, Flanders ( can't wait to see what happens here) P- R.Think Kolar was his boyhood friend ? He seems very loyal to his inner circle of friends and says in interviews that having them around him helps him relax and perform better. First noticed his soigneur at the end of the Mount Baldy stage when Peter collapsed​ off bike. Anyone know how many teams he's been with him on, I always wonder when I see him, now his role seems to be chief Gummy Bear carrier ;-)
sprints n stones

Re:

14 Mar 2017 07:43

sprints n stones wrote:Juraj then goes to Dwars Door Vlaanderen. Then both together again for next part of Peter's season E3, and joined from then by Kolar for G- W, Flanders ( can't wait to see what happens here) P- R.Think Kolar was his boyhood friend ? He seems very loyal to his inner circle of friends and says in interviews that having them around him helps him relax and perform better. First noticed his soigneur at the end of the Mount Baldy stage when Peter collapsed​ off bike. Anyone know how many teams he's been with him on, I always wonder when I see him, now his role seems to be chief Gummy Bear carrier ;-)

Maros Hlad is with him since Liquigas. When he had enough results to name is personal maseur, he hired Maros, because he was satisfied with his work before.
User avatar tomorrow

14 Mar 2017 21:04

Paxti Vila talking team strenght, playing Playstation with Peter and MSR tactics :
http://www.velonews.com/2017/03/news/bora-director-canny-tactics-could-expose-sagans-weaknesses_432799
User avatar sQiD

Re: Re:

15 Mar 2017 08:38

tomorrow wrote:
sprints n stones wrote:Juraj then goes to Dwars Door Vlaanderen. Then both together again for next part of Peter's season E3, and joined from then by Kolar for G- W, Flanders ( can't wait to see what happens here) P- R.Think Kolar was his boyhood friend ? He seems very loyal to his inner circle of friends and says in interviews that having them around him helps him relax and perform better. First noticed his soigneur at the end of the Mount Baldy stage when Peter collapsed​ off bike. Anyone know how many teams he's been with him on, I always wonder when I see him, now his role seems to be chief Gummy Bear carrier ;-)

Maros Hlad is with him since Liquigas. When he had enough results to name is personal maseur, he hired Maros, because he was satisfied with his work before.

Thanks very much for your answer. Lots of hits come up on Google for him which I'll work my way through with Translate. Possibly interesting fact I've learnt so far is Peter doesn't like any race talk during massage.
sprints n stones

16 Mar 2017 12:42

User avatar sQiD

Re: Peter Sagan discussion thread.

16 Mar 2017 12:55

“In truth, it depends on the wind on the Poggio,” Sagan said of a Poggio attack. “For many years now, there’s been a head-wind and so it’s difficult to get away and make the difference.

“However, cycling keeps evolving and so if a rider feels good, then for sure they can get away. They need a good day.”

What did I just read? Sagan discussing tactics before a race (publicly)? Now I've seen everything.

It looks like it could be a tailwind for the main part of the Poggio this year. Interesting.
User avatar tobydawq

16 Mar 2017 13:28

“However, cycling keeps evolving and so if a rider feels good, then for sure they can get away. They need a good day.”

Explanation : i had a very good preparation so my level this year is higher. If i have a good feeling on the Poggio for sure i'm gonna go for it !
User avatar sQiD

16 Mar 2017 13:38

He is definitely going to go for it on the Poggio this year. I feel certain of that. I just hope that BMC will ride hard on the Cipressa, then it will be easier to go on the Poggio. And with an acceleration like in Richmond, he may just be able to get away alone (although that will be difficult as it is not very steep). And if he gets away alone, I don't see anybody bringing him back. There should be tailwind on the run-in this year making it easier to ride alone on the final flat part.
User avatar tobydawq

16 Mar 2017 14:35

“It’s also nice that if I don’t win, I can somehow decide who wins,” Of course I can’t do everything, but I can play with the others a bit.”

Who will takes the Sag's Train ?... i bet on Kwito
User avatar sQiD

16 Mar 2017 19:00

Cavendish revealed that he talked to Peter Sagan about Milan-San Remo during a quiet moment in the peloton at Tirreno-Adriatico. He tried to convince the world champion to a personal bet on who they think would win. However, Sagan was not keen to bet against himself.

"Sagan was telling me that he's not a fan of Milan-San Remo because you just never know how the race will be decided. But that's the very thing that I like about it," Cavendish revealed.

"We agreed that we couldn't choose each other but in the end, he wouldn't do it. He seemed scared.

It seems that Sagan is betting on himself winning on Saturday.
User avatar sQiD

16 Mar 2017 20:46

Sagan talking (and laughing) about the woman with a dog crossing the road just in front of him during the ITT: "Well, I was riding on the wrong side of the road and she was crossing on a pedestrian crossing, so I guess she was right"
huge

18 Mar 2017 16:30

Dammit. So close
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

18 Mar 2017 16:58

Given how extremely close it was, I think he did the right thing today. Maybe he could do the last 500m a bit better, but no matter what he would've done, it'd be very close.

If he was all alone over the top of Poggio, would he have been strong enough to last to the line? It's not a given that the teams behind would work well together to bring him back.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!

Amsterhammer wrote:A glorious day, enjoy the fires of hell, Maggie!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

18 Mar 2017 17:00

Netserk wrote:Given how extremely close it was, I think he did the right thing today. Maybe he could do the last 500m a bit better, but no matter what he would've done, it'd be very close.

If he was all alone over the top of Poggio, would he have been strong enough to last to the line? It's not a given that the teams behind would work well together to bring him back.

Oh yes he would. No question at all.
"This is the Tour that will determine whether I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

18 Mar 2017 17:01

Well done Peter, what a bold move on the Poggio !... next year nobody will stay behind you.

RDV in Flanders
User avatar sQiD

Re:

18 Mar 2017 17:03

sQiD wrote:Well done Peter, what a bold move on the Poggio !... next year nobody will stay behind you.

RDV in Flanders

Don't you mean they'll all stay behind him. :p
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

18 Mar 2017 17:04

Netserk wrote:If he was all alone over the top of Poggio, would he have been strong enough to last to the line? It's not a given that the teams behind would work well together to bring him back.

No question about that.

He basically rode all the way in front. It's not like he had any advantage from being three riders.

And Kwiato must say thank you to Alaphilippe, without whom he would have never caught up Sagan on the Poggio.
Last edited by huge on 18 Mar 2017 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
huge

18 Mar 2017 17:06

Aye, but Sky and QS working behind would have been a factor.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!

Amsterhammer wrote:A glorious day, enjoy the fires of hell, Maggie!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

18 Mar 2017 17:08

Netserk wrote:Aye, but Sky and QS working behind would have been a factor.

Very true, but I don't think they would have made such a difference with what we saw today.

15 sec with 2km to go are more than enough for Sagan to win it.
huge

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing