Log in:  

Register

Philippe Gilbert Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

11 Jun 2017 19:44

Another race, another victory for Phil. This time casually winning a bunch sprint. :p
User avatar Akuryo
Member
 
Posts: 1,302
Joined: 19 Apr 2014 10:20
Location: OWL, Germany

12 Jan 2018 11:54

Schedule:

Murcia
Algarve
OHN
Strade
Tirreno
MSR
and then most likely the cobbled classics
Last edited by Breh on 12 Jan 2018 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
Breh
Member
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 24 Jun 2015 14:57

Re:

12 Jan 2018 13:37

Breh wrote:Schedule:

Murcia
Algarve
OHN
Tirreno
MSR
and then most likely the cobbled classics

And probably AGR. And L-B-L, I hope..
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 7,554
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

12 Jan 2018 14:36

Well he hasn't ruled them out completely...
Breh
Member
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 24 Jun 2015 14:57

Re:

12 Jan 2018 14:41

Breh wrote:Schedule:

Murcia
Algarve
OHN
Tirreno
MSR
and then most likely the cobbled classics

No strade bianche :(
User avatar Gigs_98
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,172
Joined: 18 Feb 2015 18:36
Location: Austria

Re: Re:

12 Jan 2018 14:58

Gigs_98 wrote:
Breh wrote:Schedule:

Murcia
Algarve
OHN
Tirreno
MSR
and then most likely the cobbled classics

No strade bianche :(

He’s scheduled to race it.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,840
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

12 Jan 2018 15:17

Oh yeah, I thought I mentioned it. Apologies.
Breh
Member
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 24 Jun 2015 14:57

13 Jan 2018 17:56

He is targeting Roubaix. Gonna be fun to see him on the uneven cobbles.
Velolover2
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,485
Joined: 12 Apr 2015 18:16

18 Jan 2018 15:14

He rode the final 170km of Paris Roubaix on Tuesday with Stybar and Lampaert. Styby and Lampaert left to do a reckon of the Omloop and E3 on Wednesday, Gilbert stayed and did the same 170km route again, on his own. He did the most important cobbled sectors multiple times until he was satisfied. He will be ready, no doubt
flashke
New Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 Aug 2016 19:25

18 Jan 2018 15:36

I'm rooting for him. Gilbert represents the romantic side of cycling, a pure belgian attacker , a true racer, one of the best classicomanos of all time. I truly love this man, let's hope he can win another monument this season.
portugal11
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: 05 Aug 2015 23:15

Re:

18 Jan 2018 16:04

flashke wrote:He rode the final 170km of Paris Roubaix on Tuesday with Stybar and Lampaert. Styby and Lampaert left to do a reckon of the Omloop and E3 on Wednesday, Gilbert stayed and did the same 170km route again, on his own. He did the most important cobbled sectors multiple times until he was satisfied. He will be ready, no doubt

Auch. Enough of those camps at Mallorca, Valencia, Australia, South Africa, this is real man's stuff. :cool:
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 7,554
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

18 Jan 2018 16:20

He is also targeting MSR. Will be interesting to see who QS will back between him, Alaphilippe and Viviani.
Riposa in pace Michele!
User avatar Laplaz
Member
 
Posts: 652
Joined: 06 Apr 2016 08:06

Re:

18 Jan 2018 16:45

Laplaz wrote:He is also targeting MSR. Will be interesting to see who QS will back between him, Alaphilippe and Viviani.

You forgot Gaviria.
Breh
Member
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 24 Jun 2015 14:57

Re: Re:

18 Jan 2018 16:51

Breh wrote:
Laplaz wrote:He is also targeting MSR. Will be interesting to see who QS will back between him, Alaphilippe and Viviani.

You forgot Gaviria.

Mentions 3 domestiques, forgets to mention the leader :lol:
User avatar Vroome.exe
Member
 
Posts: 368
Joined: 15 Jun 2015 15:23

18 Jan 2018 20:42

User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,687
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: Re:

18 Jan 2018 22:25

Vroome.exe wrote:
Breh wrote:
Laplaz wrote:He is also targeting MSR. Will be interesting to see who QS will back between him, Alaphilippe and Viviani.

You forgot Gaviria.

Mentions 3 domestiques, forgets to mention the leader :lol:

Well domestiques not, i would say co-leaders, but I definetly forgot him :D :D :D
Riposa in pace Michele!
User avatar Laplaz
Member
 
Posts: 652
Joined: 06 Apr 2016 08:06

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Breh, Hugo Koblet, Lupi33x, movingtarget, Singer01 and 23 guests

Back to top