Register

Hot racing coming up in Australia

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

14 Jan 2018 10:04

dusty red roads wrote:Boo, hiss! VPN working fine on 9now stream and 2 laps to go and they decided to cut it off to show the bloody cricket :mad: :mad:

Better than that, it was to tell us we can’t stream the cricket :mad:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Re: Re:

14 Jan 2018 10:07

42x16ss wrote:
dusty red roads wrote:Boo, hiss! VPN working fine on 9now stream and 2 laps to go and they decided to cut it off to show the bloody cricket :mad: :mad:

Better than that, it was to tell us we can’t stream the cricket :mad:

:mad:
dusty red roads

Re:

14 Jan 2018 10:12

Velolover2 wrote:The last 100 metres were uphill? It looked somewhat steep which is in Sagan's favor.

And who was the guy who crashed?

That was Sky's Kristoffer Halvorsen. According to Twitter he is okay.
Max Rockatansky

14 Jan 2018 10:16

Sagan only went with 100m to go, thanks to the lead-out of Greipel ;) I'm not sure what the distance was for Ewan, but I think it was around 200m to go.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

14 Jan 2018 10:17

Ewan went to early which is surprising considering his experience at the circuit. He does need Mezgec in the TDF.
yaco

14 Jan 2018 11:57

Max Rockatansky wrote:
Velolover2 wrote:The last 100 metres were uphill? It looked somewhat steep which is in Sagan's favor.

Kristoffer Halvorsen crashed as the sprint unfolded and X-rays have confirmed that he has fractured a bone in his right hand, ruling him out of the Tour Down Under.
Tim Booth

Re: Hot racing coming up in Australia

14 Jan 2018 12:01

Sagan definitely does not look like he is going to become mountain goat. :D

Is it only me who thinks he is even bulkier than last year.

However. News, that he is going to ride Amstel might indicate that he will give it a try
in Innsbruck.
User avatar SKSemtex

14 Jan 2018 12:02

Tim Booth wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:

Kristoffer Halvorsen crashed as the sprint unfolded and X-rays have confirmed that he has fractured a bone in his right hand, ruling him out of the Tour Down Under.

Thats some pretty ****** news..
"Es el mejor con y sin"
WORLD CHAMPION
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

14 Jan 2018 13:50

I will take Viviani for stage one - He was a million miles back with a 100 metres to go, so it was a phenomenal effort to finish 4th.
yaco

15 Jan 2018 03:10

Tim Booth wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:

Poor guy. That sucks big time. I can't imagine anything worse than getting injured in some f..king mandatory, pointless crit race that does not count for anything.

Seriously, its time to cancel this mandatory $H!T show, ... at least this pointless criterium ... nobody cares, it's not even on TV, just cancel it once and for good.
User avatar Jancouver

15 Jan 2018 03:39

Jancouver wrote:
Tim Booth wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:

Poor guy. That sucks big time. I can't imagine anything worse than getting injured in some f..king mandatory, pointless crit race that does not count for anything.

Seriously, its time to cancel this mandatory $H!T show, ... at least this pointless criterium ... nobody cares, it's not even on TV, just cancel it once and for good.

I don't know how these crits work. Is it mandatory if you wanna ride the TdU? Or mandatory cause his team says "you must ride this crit?"
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

15 Jan 2018 04:21

Jspear wrote:
Jancouver wrote:
Tim Booth wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:

I don't know how these crits work. Is it mandatory if you wanna ride the TdU? Or mandatory cause his team says "you must ride this crit?"

Mandatory for the team to participate
User avatar swuzzlebubble

15 Jan 2018 17:53

swuzzlebubble wrote:Mandatory for the team to participate

Definitely an odd obligation. The TDU is obligatory for WT teams as one of the pre-expansion WT events, but the morality of the organisers insisting that teams participate in the criterium as well is suspect. The crit has no UCI standing, so although they might claim it is compulsory, what sanction can they bring against a team that refuses to participate? They are not allowed to exclude them from the TDU, it seems to be something they claim is mandatory but they would actually have no way of imposing that.
User avatar Armchair cyclist

15 Jan 2018 18:01

Why discuss a problem that doesn't exist? I haven't heard any complains from the teams about the crit. The riders seem to be happy to "race" a bit before the big event. And the local fans love it.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

15 Jan 2018 18:13

An idea could be to say that the teams are only allowed to start with - say - four riders. This way the peloton wouldn't be so big when going through the tight corner (or in the straight passages...) and it would be harder for one team the go up and just take control.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

15 Jan 2018 18:41

The whole thing seems to be a typical UCI ignore-the-rulebook fudge anyway.

By my reading of UCI Road Race rule 2.1.009, World Tour team riders are not even allowed to participate in the event:
Only the following teams and riders may participate in national events:
Provisions for events outside of Europe

UCI Professional continental teams of the country with the approval of their national federation;
UCI continental teams of the country;
regional and club teams;
national teams;
mixed teams

Only national teams may include riders from a team registered with the UCI.

Re:

15 Jan 2018 18:46

Armchair cyclist wrote:The whole thing seems to be a typical UCI ignore-the-rulebook fudge anyway.

By my reading of UCI Road Race rule 2.1.009, World Tour team riders are not even allowed to participate in the event:

UCI Professional continental teams of the country with the approval of their national federation;
regional and club teams;
national teams;
mixed teams

It's not a national event, it's a UCI registered 1.CRT race...
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

15 Jan 2018 20:52

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:
Armchair cyclist wrote:The whole thing seems to be a typical UCI ignore-the-rulebook fudge anyway.

regional and club teams;
national teams;
mixed teams

Look, we all know you and all Aussies do love your little race but with all seriousness and honesty, do we really have to wait until some big name will get hurt to scrap this $H!T show?

How would the fans feel if the little midget or somebody like Sagan got injured for no reason and missed the whole or even part of the season?

What would you say then?

Ohhhh, I see, it's OK if a no-name rookie goes down huh?

C'mon, keep you little TDU, just don't make it mandatory and cancel the crit, that's all I have been asking for the last X years, and don't tell me I'm being unreasonable!
User avatar Jancouver

Re: Hot racing coming up in Australia

15 Jan 2018 22:28

would also be helpful if the Aussies could get their startlist for the upside down Tour right

36. LAMBRECHT, Bjorg (BEL)
97. DOMONT, Axel (FRA)
166. HALVORSEN, Kristoffer (NOR)

still on the list
Last edited by Tim Booth on 15 Jan 2018 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Booth

15 Jan 2018 22:28

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:

Thank you: that's a classification I was unaware of.

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing