Register

Geraint Thomas

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

04 Jul 2017 09:39

Robert5091 wrote:So G is one chest infection or crash, away from taking the yellow jersey all the way to Paris?

G has already said he is carrying more weight than at the Giro, so no.
del1962
Veteran

Re: Re:

04 Jul 2017 09:43

del1962 wrote:
Robert5091 wrote:So G is one chest infection or crash, away from taking the yellow jersey all the way to Paris?

Froome isn't that heavy though... :D
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

04 Jul 2017 12:48

King Boonen wrote:
del1962 wrote:

Froome isn't that heavy though... :D

Lol..
But it does seem that Froome has given him enough independence.
Even tomorrow, I'll be very surprised if Geraint hits the front. He'll either attack or just sit in the bunch
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

19 Dec 2017 22:31

So Gee's said he's prepared to go from Sky, but if Froome's future's in doubt, he's prepared to take over the Team leader's role at the TdF and ... stick around maybe, depending on what happens to the Dawg? Gee could play this out for a personal win whatever happens - he just needs to wait and play the interested parties off against each other.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

20 Dec 2017 10:56

Robert5091 wrote:So Gee's said he's prepared to go from Sky, but if Froome's future's in doubt, he's prepared to take over the Team leader's role at the TdF and ... stick around maybe, depending on what happens to the Dawg? Gee could play this out for a personal win whatever happens - he just needs to wait and play the interested parties off against each other.

If Froome gets banned I think Sky will be lucky to survive so Thomas has to put in a good performance and look for a team at the end of the season or do what others have done before and buy out his contract if he is still under contract.
movingtarget
Veteran

25 Dec 2017 11:26

Gee, Stannard and Moscon to do pre TdF cobbles races. Makes sense regardless of the outcome of Froome's "problems."

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

25 Dec 2017 17:17

Thomas wil ride only Roubaix on the cobbles.
His schedule for spring is Tirreno, altitude training camp, Roubaix, Liege and Romandie.
Nirvana

08 Jun 2018 15:35

A very good ride today.
Hopefully he can keep his form until the last week of the Tour.
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here

28 Jun 2018 19:54

28 Jun 2018 20:30

Course favoured him over Tanfield and Dowsett

Still good ride and will have national jersey in Tour
del1962
Veteran

30 Jun 2018 03:33

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/44653639
His contract expires at the end of 2018 and he's previously said he hoped to have his future resolved before the Tour begins.

"It's close but nothing is official yet so I don't want to jinx it by saying it's done and dusted," he said.

"I'm pretty confident where I'm going to go, but it needs the Ts crossing and the Is dotted and then I'll be able to tell everyone."

A team with deep pockets - from the Gulf maybe or Russia?

User avatar Robert5091

Re:

30 Jun 2018 05:07

Robert5091 wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/44653639
His contract expires at the end of 2018 and he's previously said he hoped to have his future resolved before the Tour begins.

"It's close but nothing is official yet so I don't want to jinx it by saying it's done and dusted," he said.

"I'm pretty confident where I'm going to go, but it needs the Ts crossing and the Is dotted and then I'll be able to tell everyone."

A team with deep pockets - from the Gulf maybe or Russia?

Although it hints at leaving Sky I can't see it. happening....my money is on him staying where he is.
brownbobby

30 Jun 2018 11:22

It's Thomas. He's spent his entire Sky career saying he's definitely leaving, just to get a pay rise. He's done it every single contract renewal.

If he does finally leave it's because Sky have finally wised up to him.
User avatar GuyIncognito

Re:

30 Jun 2018 11:31

GuyIncognito wrote:It's Thomas. He's spent his entire Sky career saying he's definitely leaving, just to get a pay rise. He's done it every single contract renewal.

You present this as if it's a bad thing. Surely it's just unremarkable negotiating tactics, common in many industries, let alone sports...
rlntlssly

30 Jun 2018 11:52

rlntlssly wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:It's Thomas. He's spent his entire Sky career saying he's definitely leaving, just to get a pay rise. He's done it every single contract renewal.

You present this as if it's a bad thing. Surely it's just unremarkable negotiating tactics, common in many industries, let alone sports...

I don't read GuyIncognito's post as judgemental, good or bad. I read it as, "Don't read too much into G's comments."
User avatar wirral

30 Jun 2018 13:06

wirral wrote:
rlntlssly wrote:

I don't read GuyIncognito's post as judgemental, good or bad. I read it as, "Don't read too much into G's comments."

Fair enough -- that's not how it reads to me. Apologies if I misinterpreted.
rlntlssly

30 Jun 2018 13:32

wirral wrote:
rlntlssly wrote:

That's how I meant it.
User avatar GuyIncognito

01 Jul 2018 13:13

But I'll wait my dear till it's my turn
I'm not the kinda G who gives up just like that, oh no
The tide is high but I'm holdin' on
I'm gonna be your number one, number one, number one
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

08 Jul 2018 17:08

Pinches a second today

Pete Kenaugh on ITV4 hoping for great perfomances from G and Adam Yates, did he fall out with Froome?
del1962
Veteran

Re:

08 Jul 2018 17:24

del1962 wrote:Pinches a second today

Pete Kenaugh on ITV4 hoping for great perfomances from G and Adam Yates, did he fall out with Froome?

You pretty much know what your are getting from a 6 time grand tour winner
rick james

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing